Hi, im 26 i had the the nova sure done 3 months ago and im having the same prob you are.. i went back to the guy who did the surgery and he basically told me that he didnt know why i was having the probs i was having and couldnt do anything for me .. my reg doc says i need a hysterectomy. so i guess ill will be finding someone to do that for me soon.. its so frustrating we paid out alot of the surgery and now its like were starting over

I had a Novasure performed on 11/11/11. Two days later I had to be rush to the ER for a temp. of 103 and learned that I had a urinary tract infection. Since my procedure, I have had a brownish/ yellowish discharge foul odor. Call my GYN and she said it is normal. I know it is not normal to have a foul vaginal discharge. My stomach cramps more then ever before. I continue to get fevers, even after taking antibiotics. I'm always nauseous. My recovery has been the worst.

Had my ablation on 12/29/11.  Besides having a D&C before meds kicked in, procedure was successful.  Three weeks later still having brown/yellow discharge, 3 panty liners a day, nasty smelly fishy crotch. Driving me nuts.  Want to have sex but too embarrassed. 

Here's what I think is happening to all of us: the watery discharge is due to the burning of the endometrium. Think if you had a burn on your arm...it would ooze a watery, yellow liquid. The problem is this wound created by the ablation does not seem to ever heal. I am thinking this is because if you are still having periods, the lining is becoming disrupted each month.

I was also told that a hysterectomy was the solution.

Hello sorry you are hurting,

I had been suffering from post ablation syndrome for months. The pain was horrible, I could hardly function. I missed several days of work. Pain medicine like Lortab only took the edge off, didn't take the pain away.Finally, after searching and researching, I have been taking several products that aren't killing my liver or any other organs. These products help with inflammation and has cut my pain down to where I can function. I ordered them and they worked so well that I signed up with the company. I am so excited that there are other women out there that I can share this information with and help them, this is my heart. Those days of laying in bed because I am out of commission is in the past. And I want to share this information and opportunity to be well with other women. I do not have to take any kind of hormones or strong pain medication only Tylenol every now and then, this is an answer to prayer.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Be blessed ladies, and please reach out.

I am writing back to let all of you know that I found a GP who actually has resolved my problem completely!! I had been to specialists and the Dr. that performed the ablation, and none of them could figure it out, and said I needed a hysterectomy. The GP put me on a low dose birth control pill called Jolivette. He believes that by stopping my periods, my uterus will be able to heal. After 15 days, a;; of the discharge stopped, and I had no period. The plan is for me to take the pill for 3 months in the hopes that my period will not come back. I am 53 years old, so I hope it won't! I have had no side effects from the pill, and have not gained any weight. Please try this course of action before considering the major surgery of a hysterectomy!!

I have the exact same complaints as you since the Novasure proceedure. The only difference is I decided to check out possiblities for the problems before speaking with my doctor. Thanks for your info.

I had the NovaSure procedure (and a D&C) done on March 15th 2013 and just went to my post op appt. yesterday morning. I too have the watery discharge with a lil' pink tinge to it and told the Dr about it (no foul smell). He showed me a before and after picture of my uterus..... The before picture looks like blood, the after picture is no longer red but flesh colored with a few slightly darker areas. He explained that I will have this discharge for 2-6 weeks. He then showed me a picture of a magnified "after" and explained exactly what the discharge was....... healing, cleansing of the uterus like any other burn. It will be 2 weeks on Friday and I can already tell that the watery discharge is less frequent, but still a pain in the ..... I am in no pain or discomfort and so far no regrets. After seeing the before and after pictures, I am confident that i did the right thing for me and now I feel positive about this watery discharge..... Could and HAS been worst! Not too concerned about my sex life as of yet since the constant bleeding for 4 months was putting a damper on that anyway. Nothing allowed up there for a little while which gives me an incentive to get creative =) I hope this helps.

I had the same surgery done 2 times and had no real problems after the first one except for that I was still having a monthly period. The second time I went in for the surgery it made my periods go away about 95%. Every since the 2nd surgery I have been going back & forth to the Dr and been tested for STD's, Yeast, Bacterial infections and everything under the sun for a nasty yellow green watery and sometimes thick pasty discharge. I wear tampons and panty liners EVERY day andd its just nasty. All the Drs tell me is that there is a small trace of bacteria and or a yeast infection. I never had this problem before the surgery. I cant even have sex with my boyfriend now because I feel nasty and funky down there. I dont know what to do. I really think its more than a trace of bacterial infection or yeast. This surgery has been a nightmare! I am thinking the only way to solve this problem is a partial hysterectomy. =-[

I thought I was the only one going through this exact same thing. So now we are talking about a hysterectomy, which is what i wanted to do in the first place but doc talked me out of it. I my self is being told that the yellowy discharge was normal and stock up on panty shields but I'm not settling for that. So I will know in May what the heck is going on

I had the novasure endometrial ablation done on july 18, 2013 everything went well until Saturday I started having severe back and pelvis pain with black tart like discharge with a foul smelling odor my gyn is out of town so I went to er they ran blood work did a ct scan everything came back normal which they said it was normal I go see my gyn wednesday has anyone had those symptom

Hi. I had this done in 2008 and like many of you it was treated like a yeast infection and also my partner had to take it. No stds and I've always taken care of myself. But once a month I get this fishy odor. The doctor suggested that it was discharge not coming down and I asked what is blocking it. Nothing.. I figured since the blood does not have a way of coming out than it has stayed there causing this awful smell. Also it happens during and after sex. It's humilating..

Hello i had a novasure last july almost a year ago. I have had vaginal itching and burning ever since . My Dr says its my hormones. I've been on estrace cream and cortisone cream. I'm so miserable also i had the novasure since I'm 54 and still having periods. Has anyone else been through this?

I've been having discharge since Oct no STDs and no yeast infection but I go to obgyn on Monday every one is saying to get a hysterectomy

OMG I had the NovaSure done three and a half weeks ago and I'm going through the exact same thing. Have you found out anything else. I plan to call my doctor back first thing in the morning I'm having the most foul odor and brown into greenish discharge. I've been married for 15 years and I know I don't have an STD. For 10 days I had the most excruciating back pain