I have been getting boils since I was in my 20's... I'm 41 now... Always before my period n in the vaginal area... My Dr. Told me it was an iron deficiency. When I was pregnant with my daughter I didn't,get them figured it was from my prenatal vitamins. Soaking in a hot tub will help bring them to a head n u can drain them at the point. Until the core comes out they will return. I use to get them on my tail bone as well they would pop up after sitting on anything hard so I make sure I don't sit on anything without a cushion.... Good luck ladies... Nice to,know but sad that we arnt alone in this...

I was looking on another website last night, because I have suffered on/off with the same "boil" problem for a couple years now. i found more than several women who said they started taking Tumeric and they went away and didn't have them anymore. I just bought a bottle and will start taking them today!! I guess you can also make a paste out of it, put it directly on the boil & cover with gauze and medical tape overnight. The next morning it will be draining and then should go away within a day or two. I'm not sure I'll try the paste, but I will definitely try the capsules :) Hope this helps!!

This made me feel better. I think it has something to do with shaving especially if your period comes after. I sometimes feel sensitive down there especially if I damage my skin with the razor. I also think the bacteria from the blood can get inside those cuts and cause issues? I'm no doctor so I'm just guessing.

They are called Hidradenitis Suppurativa

I also get them right on my underwear line and I don't think it ever pops I think it just goes down but it only comes when I'm about to come on my monthly .... I thought something was going on with me till I read up on it and see that it's quite common

I seem to have the same problem by description here, for months on I dnt know what to do so this month I decided to experiment with shea butter oil and believe me or not it dried off in two days after oiling the 5 boils with natural shea butter, try it ladies

I too have been trying to find an answer. The week prior to my cycle I get a boil-like thing on my inner thigh, same place on either thigh. Last about 2-3 days bursts and leaves an ugly scar that remains raised but nothing there.

Put tea tree oil on it every day and take turmeric pills. Look it up. It helped me!

Me too! My Doctor doesn't know either....

I have been experiencing this since I started my period at the age of 10. Its now so annoying that I have to stay back at home and not go to the office cause of boil and It's embarrasing telling people you cant go out cause of boil. It is now bigger than the way it used to appear. I think this hidradenitis suppurativa being an infection of sweat glands is the closest answer I've gotten for it so far. Sometimes it happens in my armpit, sometimes my pubic area. I know how much I keep my personal hygiene so that is not it. However, I sweat a lot. In fact, I see it as being abnormal. I sweat even when everyone is cold. I think if all these people complaining of it can also say they sweat a lot like I do and they experience it during period then the answer is how to find a cure to this "hidradenitis suppurativa"

I have the same problem, have you found a solution?

I have this problem as well. I am over weight, but I have large breast and they too get boils on them only during my cycle 2 days before and 4 after. I brought it up to my doc when i was 18 and we tried seavral different things from steroids to 3 antibiotics. now I have a different doctor. He ran a blood panal found that my thyroid was low and then did a test on my iron and that showed i was anemic. Now I take thyroid meds and iron. Now i dont get them as often and my doctor and i are working together to get rid of this problem. He is a wonderful doctor and he doesn't like there is no cure he even calls to see how i am doing. the best treatment for them is to let them pop on their own and cleanse the area and cove it is beast to use rubbing alcohol than peroxide because peroxide eats away at the skin. use a q tip or cotton ball never use the same wash cloth it only spreads them then use gauze after it pops to allow air flow a band aid just traps the puss against the open wound and can make it worse. I am 24 and have had this problem since i was 10 it is no fun. I didn't talk to my doctor about it because i was embarrassed.

I've been suffering with reoccurring boils/abscesses for the past ten years. My condition is known is hidradenitis suppurativa.
You and some others have symptoms similar to mine. The condition is worth researching. While there is little known about a cure. You may find relieve just knowing more about the condition.

They hurt. They don't always drain
No use trying to pop them on your own. You will cause more pain. Sometimes they are in area's you can not spot with a mirror! You go by the sensation of pain. Go to your doctor to have them lanced. Get it over with. Mine last for weeks. Sometimes 4 at once. Some can be popped and drained and some I popped resurface . 2 always hang around for weeks. Always a week before I menstrate and during. Keep the infected area clean and dry but do not block mother nature. Our vaginas need to fight off infections as well as clear out our tubes so we stay healthy from the inside out. Also try taking hot bathes

Mine started just about two months ago..they usually appear a few days before my period and after the period...they appear on my thighs,butt and vagina..it's really embarrassing because whenever I burst them,they leave a black spot..so those regions are getting darker..I decided to check online for remedies and then came across you guys..It actually makes me feel better that I am not alone in this..becuase @ a point I got really worried