Basically, until a few days ago I never knew I was meant to pull back my foreskin and clean around the head of my penis. I always washed the tip whenever I had a shower, but I never fully pulled it back past the head.

The next time I had a shower after reading this I tried it, but it felt tight when I tried to pull it back all the way. Every time I had a shower I managed to get it further down and I'm now at the point where I think I could do it.

I was going to try until I read somewhere that the foreskin could get stuck under the head of the penis which would restrict blood flow and presumably swell and this has knocked my confidence.. I know I need to clean down there but yeah :/

Also, is the head of the penis meant to be really.. sensitive? Not sure if that's the right word but it gave a feeling similar to what you experience if you eat cold ice cream on a sensitive tooth.. I'm not saying it was really cold but it had that sort of feel to it.. and now when I think about touching it again it feels the same as when I imagine nails down a chalk board..

Can anyone help me?

Hi Paaul,

Yes, you need to clean under your foreskin. If it is tight you need to stretch the skin. It should be able to slide. Just keep doing what you're doing. Don't force it.

The head is going to be sensitive. It has been covered and protected your entire life. As it gets exposed more it will become less sensitive.

Hope it helps.

Would say exposure to water make it less sensitive? It's okay unless I touch it with my hand or anything..

and I'm just scared of it getting stuck, that's all ):

Exposure to water or just being exposed so it comes into contact with your clothes will make it less sensitive. The same if you touch it.

Don't force it back but you can pull it back. Work with it a little, have some fun, the more you work with it the easier it gets to move and it'll help both of your issues.