Hello! I am a 42year-old woman and I am thinking about undergoing a laser bunionectomy. I heard that it takes some time for bones to heal after the “usual” bunionectomy but I haven’t heard about the laser surgery. IS there anybody who knows or has experienced laser bunionectomy? Thank you for your feedback

I think you should think again about laser bunionectomy. I haven’t heard about the difference in recovery time but I read that laser procedure cases recurrence. Also, I read that lasers are not so good for bones cutting and that laser surgery has no extra benefits over traditional procedures for foot problems. Maybe you should seek second opinion.

I would be very wary of any doctor offering
bunionectomy done with a laser.

Sometimes an unqualified doctor does not have
the surgical skills to do a correct surgery, but they
have the money to go out and buy a laser.

I would be very careful here and do much research
on the doctor and on the laser.

I am a doctor of podiatric medicine. It is impossible to correct a bunion with a laser. The ads you've read are false and misleading. There is NOT any scientific research or articles that have EVER shown this to be a viable surgical option. Lasers burn bone and would prevent them from properly healing. Please get a professional second opinion if a Dr ever recommends laser bunion correction.