i am 15 and started shaving my legs and under arms when i was 11. my mom and dad,older sisters and brother shave their pubes. my mom says i have to wait till i m older, whatever that means!! my pubes are dark and thick, but im blonde. i hate the look. cuz its summer and i wear bikinis, my mom gave me a bikini shave that just takes off the hair that hang out. my white bikini got wet and everyone could see my pubic hair! it was gross! how do I convince her its OK? we don't wear a lot of clothes at home in the morning and at night cuz we sleep nude and she'll know if I do it.

It sounds likes there's more than one issue here.

First, you're asking why everyone else in the house can shave whatever they want, and you can't.

The answer is that you are 15 and still living under your mother's roof. That means that you follow her rules.

Second, you're concerned that others can see your dark pubic hairs through a white bikini bottom.
Solution: Either wear a dark collored bottom, or where two sets of bikini bottoms so that you are more comfortable with what doesn't show.

Finally, I'm not sure what you mean by your mom giving you a shave to prevent hairs from showing or falling out.
If she's shaving you, you need to grow up and start shaving yourself. If you're saying she bought you a shaver so that you can do this shave yourself, then you know that it itches like crazy if you shave yourself bald and then it starts rregrowing. Think about it before you jump into that adult "all shaved" look. It's not as neat as it may seem.

Did she say what age was OK? How old are your brothers and sisters?
The mental picture I get from what you said is that you all happen to see each other nude sometimes running to the bathroom or whatever, so it is quite noticeable that they are bald and you are not. I don't blame you for feeling a little out of place. Can you discuss it at all with her? Tell her how it makes you feel?

Can you do the bikini trimming yourself instead of her shaving you? Maybe you could just do a little more each time until you get it to where it's not so embarrassing. Will she go ballistic if you trim all of it short with scissors?

It seems strange to me if you've been shaving legs and pits from the time the hair started to show that she objects to shaving the pubes. Particularly if she allows you to wear a bathing suit that lets it show through when it's wet.

This probably doesn't make you feel any better but when I was your age shaving was unheard of. Many of the girls had hair sticking out the sides of their bathing suits and nobody thought much about it but all us boys did notice who was hairy and who wasn't. I never judged a girl one way or the other based on that but now that shaving is in, I definitely prefer shaved.

If I had had daughters I would let them start shaving whenever THEY wanted, but my wife refuses to shave so she might have been against it.

Good luck and keep trying.

I say just do it! Its your body! And you 15 so I think you have the right to decided whether or not you want to shave down there. Do you all sleep in the same room or bed? Your family dynamics seem a little different then others, but do what makes you feel comfortable. Just sit your mom down and let her know how it makes you feel and your reasons for wanting to do it. See what she says, but if you do just shave it off, what do you think they will do?

I think part of this may be the mothers choice to continue viewing her 15 year old as a child...and not willing to let her begin grooming or preping herself as an attractive sexual mate. Sorry if this sounds crude. But many mothers want to hang on to that last child, keeping them a child as long as possible. It's almost a constant throughout human nature.

That may be behind part of this mother's thoughts... but I'm guessing here. 8-|

Tell me about it :!:

I have a 40 year old teenage boy living in my house ---- for free.

He's "looking for a job".

Whenever I have the audacity to mention the dozens of jobs I've seen in the past month that he could qualify for, his mother counters with "he's looking".

I'm "looking" for a job for him too, but I'm not applying, and I wonder if he is.

He IS our youngest

Look if you want to do it just do it at the end of the day it's your body not your mums. I also think it's pretty weird knowing all your family members shave theirs and you don't wear much at home WTF :/

Im 14 and i shave down below many people think people shave for "sexual reasons " but its not i personally shave for hygiene reasons for example hair holds in bad smells (like armpits ) and its easier to clean up when you're on your period plus no one likes hair poking out from their bikini . I started without my mother's permission and eventually she just accepted it and now has no issue with it. x

I know this isn't great;

I would say just to trim it down with nail scissors and just keep it short for now. This reduces the 'biggness' of it but it's still not gone. Shave the bikiniline so it doesn't stick out but don't shave the whole thing, this is what I done a couple of years ago and it boosted my confidence a lot. I tried shaving it all before but it goes all stubbly and horrible, you don't want this. Your mum might be right, she might be giving you the best advice. Just see how it goes.

Sorry that this is so bad -good luck!

When i was 14,just two months away from my 15th birthday,i finially made my First Holy Communion in the class with the 2nd graders. Per the dress code,all of us girls had to wear a poofy,short sleeve,knee length communion dress and veil with lace anklets and the white mary jane style shoes and under our dresses it was a white under shirt with white plastic pants[aka-rubberpants].The saturday night before,my gramma and great aunt sylvia,who were staying at our house for my First Communion,told mom that my pubic hair should be shaved off and mom agreed,The three of them then shaved my vagina completely bare and i looked like a little girl with my pubic hair gone! Sunday morning,after my bath,they had me lay on my bed,mom rubbed baby lotion on my hairless vagina,then sprinkled baby powder on it.She then put the xxl size rubberpants on me,followed by my undershirt,then the rest of the reqiired outfit.When i waled out in the outfit to show dad,i could feel the crotch of the rubberpants rubbing against my hairless vagina and it was a weird sensation! I had to wear the rubberpants all day up untill bedtime and it was quite an experience!