I'm like every body else here. Had my surgery in 08, and here it's 2013 and I feel like I'm ready to deliver any day now. I'm glad to find out that other people have this problem also. I have also found out that I'm allergic to red meat and have to change my diet was sad about it, but after reading this I'm looking forward to changing my eating habits and see if I can see any results. I need to lose about 40lbs. Thanks a lot.

I had a GB attack last Tuesday.  Sched for surgery August 2nd.  This was the first and only GB attack for me.  I am a bit nervous about surgery...as my primary care suggested not to have it removed.  But changed his mind after I mentioned what would happen if I was travelling and this happened!  So I met with surgeon......did not explain to me how bad my ultrasound was.....never even mentioned if my GB was diseased or inflammed....just wanted to discuss the surgery.  I asked him if a side effect from GB surgery was diarrhea and he said in the 20 + years of removing GB's he has never had a patient with that symptom!!

I think he is full _____!!!!!

Any thoughts out there

In March 2012 I started having pain in my lower right rib area.  Then bloating started a short while later.  After many tests, scans, etc. I had a Hida Scan (which is the ultimate gallbladder test) which revealed that my gallbladder wasn't working.  So I found a surgeon and had it removed in October, 2012.  Sad to say took a little over 6 months to diagnosis my "classic" gallbladder symptoms.  Then totally unrelated to my gallbladder surgery, in December I had to have another surgery (sacral colpopexy) which was done mostly by laparoscopy and caused more scaring and lesions, etc.  So it's now July 2013 and I am still having a ton of bloating, rib and pelvic pain.  I totally feel no progress since my surgery.  I went to my GYN for my annual and mentioned that I was having bloating.  Bloating is also a major symptom of ovarian cancer so she is sending me for an ultrasound to make sure there are no masses on my ovaries.  It's just been a roller coaster of emotions and I am praying that everything is ok.  After reading the posts here, I am feeling somewhat relieved and hopeful that I am just having symptoms long after my gallbladder surgery.....like all of you.  Thanks to all of you that have taken time to post your journey through pre and post gallbladder surgery.

It took time for the doctors to diagnose that I had gall stones and decide to remove the gall bladder. Previous to this my stomach looked like I was seven months pregnant and hard to the touch. I had my surgery two months ago and the bloating hasn't gone away, and I don't want to live this way. I also have uterine fibroids and kidney stones either one of them can cause bloating. If I were you I would look to something else that may be the cause. Even a cyst in the abdomen can cause that sort of bloating. I am going to have a procedure for the fibroids, I don't want to live this way, either.

I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago, and I feel really bloated and can't wear just any shirt bc it looks like I'm pregnant, why does it do this?

I too have severe abdominal bloating. One day it started out of the blue and never left.
That was over a year ago.
I feel like the Johnny Cash song.."I've been everywhere" because I've seen so many docs.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Just want to thank everyone for taking the time to post.  I thought there was something else wrong with my stomach and that the gall bladder surgery was a mistake or that i was misdiagnosed.  If so many people have this bloating issue, then I guess I'm semi-normal :)

They prescribed stool softeners for after my surgery, so maybe he's right. I think that diarrhea is a pre-gall bladder removal symptom. But then again I'm no doctor, and everyone's different.....

I'm two days post surgery and feel great. Hoping constipation will go away soon but other than that surgery was a breeze. Haven't taken any painkillers and back to work today and playing tennis tomorrow!  Little swelling around incisions but no bloating so far. Hope it continues this well!

j had gall bladder removed 3 years ago and i am in terrible discomfet every day i wake up terribley bloated

i would like to say i have found that in the morning i drink water as hot as i can boiled water it helps me to belch a lot and that some times seems to move the bloating feeling a little worth a try

I had my gallbladder removed just over a year ago. I piled on weight and my hormones seemed to go crazy! I am vegan, and still get the "7 months along" look after eating :(. I found soy was causing my symptoms to worsen, and feel better since cutting it from my diet, but the bloating and weight gain hasn't subsided.I do not want to live this way. 

Not only do I have bloating but I have belly pain and since the day of surgery, I have pain down both my sides to my hips.  ANy suggestions

It's been two years from my surgery and the bloating is still bothering me. I've been to two different doctors and they've done nothing to help the problem. I can't find any common denominator that causes it except eating ~ anything.

BustynI know the USA has different names for meals but I'm confused. You have afternoon tea, dinner, and supper all before 7:00 pm. How do you get all that food in? Where I live dinner and supper is actually the same meal, depending on the person saying it ie... I say dinner and my mom says supper. Just wondering???