I wouldn't worry. It was diseased therefore it had to go and no matter how common or simple they say the surgery is, it's traumatic to our body to have a piece yanked out. As long as the fever stays below 101.7, I wouldn't worry.

I had my surgery last week and was hoping this would get rid of that horrible feeling.

Yes me too and it will be almost a year in Nov .

I have the same problem! My Dr said to take gas pills before I eat. Worthless. I'm so embarrassed. My lower belly is flabby gnite just below my breasts to just above my belly button gets huge! And uncomfortable! It goes down some but it's never been right since surgery.

Does anyone have an idea of such a long time to be bloated

Dear guest, it is too soon to be down a lot if it was only a few weeks. We are talking years

I am glad I found this thread. I had my gallbladder removed 3weeks ago today and my stomach is still swollen. I have not ate any red meat. Only able to eat small meals. Grilled fish veggies. The swelling is the same as the day I came home. The pain is still constant and I have to use a blanket around my stomach at all times. The nausea is still there but not to bad once I take some meds. I just want the pain to stop.

I had mine removed 2 weeks ago. This sounds great - but why would I feel bloated when eating these foods without dairy? AND just drinking water?!?!?

yes i would love to get your information on your post. i look like im 8 months pregnant, can you give me more info please

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I too had problems 7 months after removal. I now take acidophilus probiotic have not had any problems in 3 months hope works for others

I am going through this now. Did it get better? Thanks!

I had my GB removed last year, and Im also starting to bloat also feeling 9 months pregnant. Very uncomfortable on the right side which is bigger than the left side. I dont feel hungry at all. very constipated.

My sister is a master herbalist. I too looked pregnant BEFORE I had the operation and then after the the swelling of the stomach did not go down. She told me an Avedic remedy that many yogis and others use. I took 1 Tablespoon Black Cumin Seed Oil in a glass of water with 1/4 tsp honey, first thing when waking up... I wait 45 minutes and then take 1 cup organic red grapefruit juice, 1/2 lemon with rind and cut up the lemon with rind and put it in a blender. take 1 tsp honey, a few pinches of turmeric powder, 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, with a little bit of grated Ginger. BLEND it up until the rind is almost dissolved. Drink this, Do not eat for at least an hour. These are pure enzymes. These get the liver moving and your bowels moving. You have to do this consistently every day as a part of your regimen. Then when you eat, eat no more then 30 grams of fat a day but make them healthy ones. I use Coconut Oil with every meal. I use 1 tsp on my soup, 1/2 teaspoon in my tea during the day but Coconut Oil & Olive Oil are a MUST!!!! your body needs fats to process your foods, its an essential thing, if you do not eat enough fat from the healthy ones, like medium chain fatty acids that are in Coconut Oil, your body will bloat and bloat. Coconut Oil helps to not only digest your food, it burns calories too. But I always add a little turmeric with the Coconut Oil and heat it slightly on the stove to blend the two together. This totally cuts down on your inflammation, add a dash of pepper to it, because it synergizes them to work more efficiently.

Your liver is taxed... Especially after surgery. If your liver is not moving bile, or you do not have enough bile stored now, you have to use Digestive Enzymes to break your food down. A most important one is Lipase which breaks fat down, All of them are important. Go to enzymeessentials on the web and search for their Lipase. Theirs has Protease and Amylase. These are the 3 most important enzymes to take. Often the swelling is inflamation due to the hard work that the gallbladder had to do under duress and now due to the liver and pancreas having all the hard work to do. So we are still in inflammation mode.

Adding Fiber is essential!!!!!!!! You cannot move your bowels without it. The Coconut Oil and Olive Oil, and Black Cumin Seed Oil are highly essential to take, this helps the fiber move along. Get a great recipe for Mung Dahl. It is an awesome super food. HIGH Digestible Fiber and Protein. Take 3 cups of Mung Dahl, Take some organic Marinara Sauce, tomato paste and diced tomatoes, Throw in your veggies that you desire, add cumin to taste, I use a lot of it, I use a lot of turmeric in it. I take 1 can of organic Coconut Milk, 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil, and fill up your pan with water about, 6 cups, Add your spices you like, add 1 Tablespoon of Organic mustard. Vegtable korma at the health stores I add too. But cook for a couple hours on slow rolling boil. After its cooked it becomes thick. Blend it in your blender to make a smooth porrage. Its awesome for your body. Basmati Rice is also a really good rice to eat, like as in only 1/2 cup with it, it fills you but it gives you your nutrition.

Part of the problem is nobody helps their patients after surgery to know how to take care of the inflamation. If you are constipated, you need more oil and fiber. But you can take Traphala, a 3 fruit capsule that helps moves things along.

There is a nutritious tonic to take a liter of every day that you can do which is Dr Naram's Metabolism Balancing Tea

Cumin powder 39g
Fennel powder 41g
Coriander powder 18g
Ajwain powder 24g
Ginger powder 19g
Black salt 15g
Black pepper ground 12.5g

You can also take 1/2 Tablespoons of Cumin Seeds, 1/2 Tablespoons of Coriander Seeds, boil lightly for 10 minutes and pure water of 5 cups, Drink this during the day for your liver health.

Also Castor Oil Packs placed on your abdomen help immensely. Also they bring up your T Cells etc and help immunity. But look up online about Castor Oil Packs. You use soft cotton terry cloth and put enough castor oil on the terry cloth and use a heating pad over your abdomen, this also helps with constipation and healing of the inflammation. Do this every day if needed

Get off Gluten. Make Oat Flour Muffins for Treats etc. Gluten causes a lot of inflammation that comes with eating wheat. Whole grains are good but Gluten grains are not.

Take Milk Thistle every day for your liver. Take Selenium every day. Also Magnesium helps to move the bowels and metabolism.

Hope some of this helps somebody.

Hi my name is Genny I had surgery December 1st surgery went well. But I never had back pain or fever. I think you need to go back to the doctor asap.

hello, how is your pelvic exam, i read your post and what you feel is just mine...