I am a 37 yr old woman and the same has happened to me for years

mamazing..i got blue nasal discharge today and while browsing found your reply.to my amazement i did wore blue makeup..eyeliner and shadow yesterday !! wow..thanks for sharing this..i got to know im normal !!

I have the same thing so I asked my aunt who is a doctor. It's a rare condition that is completely harmless. I don't drink wine so I don't think it has anything to do with the comment bellow. It just happens randomly. Don't worry about it though :) Like I said it's harmless.

If anybody reaches this, I am a 19 year old male. Now seeing this thread has been seen mostly on females, I have probably found the culprit. I have 2 candidates and one is most likely your answer. But here is how it happened: I was painting with a permanent blue marker, and that went for an hour, than had to remove from my table some markings, used Aceton, and inhaled a little of both in the process accidently. Since there are many females on this topic, this could give you the answer potentially.

What is the life threatening bacterial infection called so I can get treated. I have struggled with this for a year or so and has effected my life a ton! Please share!

I noticed some hard dark blue snot when I blew my nose and I also wear Sephora liquid liner. I'm wondering if the liner gets in our eye? I'm hoping that is all it is.

had complete sinus & septum surgery 7 mo's ago. for the most part I'm glad i did. my regime now is nasal irrigations, ocean mist, fluticosone to name a few. things seem to be normal until tonight when blowing my nose had a bright green discharge at 1st but then turned to a true aqua color. any help ??? I am a 57 year old male.

What was the outcome of your sputum analysis? My 13 y/o mucus has blue streaks, everyday, for the last month and half.

I am a female in my late 20's, I've had Pseudomonas Aeruginosa in my lungs for the past couple of years and chronically congested sinuses. I recently started using a powerful degongestant for my sinuses and for the first time in my life I saw dark blue stuff come out of my nose! My lung mucus has never been never blue.

I have several theories. Makeup is definitely not the culprit because I don't like eye makeup and rarely use it. This is either a fungus/bacterium, some sort of reaction of the sinus spray with the snot, or old blood.

I have had allergy problems for the past 8 years(I am 52) Just before christmas I developed a chest infection coughing up some blood as well. After a short flight it transferred to the Sinus and has stayed there. I have noticed for months streaks of turquise in my mucus usually in the morning. My consultant was confused by this. I am glad I am not alone. Your answer seems logical but I dont really understand it?

I also experience the same thing just yesterday and also this day. I have experienced weak lungs since i am a kid but i have overcame it thru constant medication. Hoping that this blue-mucus-thing is nothing serious!

I am 37, I went to Panama in September and I've been sick every since. I've been on 3 rounds of antibiotics, but I also have that weird blue-teal streaky mucus. It started off as black filmy looking stuff first, then migrated to this algae colored stuff. I initially had a severe bladder infection, then a respiratory infection with a cough that lasted for 3.5 months. Now it's a severe sinus infection. The entire time, I've had a post nasal drip and congestion. It's been 6 months now. I've been to four doctors, they all think I'm nuts! I'm wondering about mold, fungus, or a parasite? Ugh! This is annoying!

I discovered this page on google after seeing a woman with bright blue saliva at a supermarket. I found a link that I think can help you guys:

The doctor basically says that there's some deoxygenation going on resulting in blue mucus. In the link he provides it says that this can result from exposure to certain drugs or chemicals, and once the cause is identified, it can be easily fixed. Hope this helps someone.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Ha!  This just happened to me this morning, when I coughed up normal-looking mucus with a blue blotch that stained the tissue.  The blue seemed much thinner than the normal mucus.  I thought I was seeing things!  Good to know I'm not losing my mind (or my eyesight).

No I wear black and this is definitely blue. I've been blowing the blue fibers for years amd it's usually when I'm about to get a sinus infection.