i too found blue streaks in phlegm which i thought was because of blue eye liner that i wore a day before..however, even after two days , the blue colour didnt disappear...and, yes, it came from left nostril...

Hi, Thanks for your info... But what is the Bacterial infection called?!
I'm really unwell with this, it's effecting my lungs & breathing now. So i need to go back to the Doctor & really don't want to be fobbed off again.

Please give all the info you can so that this can be tested for accurately, identified & treated.

ThankU so much.

I recently discovered mold in my car where I spent most of my day..... and all of my symptoms began relatively close to my discoveryof the mold.... I suggest everybody check their homes and their cars for mold..... the symptoms start off as a sign of allergy or cold and then develop into more serious issues.... there are specific diets you can go on to get rid of any mold that you may have inhaled. ... Doctors Do not normally test for this, and often times misdiagnose them for being a regular cold, allergy or sinus infection. ....... read up on mold and getting rid of mold or locating mold before you jump to any conclusions...... I know for a fact my symptoms of the blue streaks, cold and sinus infection were do to my car having mold

i am having blue specks on my mucus too... i had dry cough two weeks ago that has been accompanied by colds.  now, when i blow my nose, it has one or two blue specks... 

So weird, I was thinking it looked like mascara sometimes like a black color and then other days like a teal color. I wondered if it was from my make up, as well and you just confirmed my crazy theory. Thank you,

If you wear black eyeliner or mascara, I think mixing with the mucous can turn it this bluish teal color. I am going with this theory.

Hi
Yes it is the same for me when I blow my nose my left nostril is always loose and flemmy and has like pieces of blue lent in it might right nose is always got a dried up burger that takes a couple days to get out. I wear black eyeliner and brown eye shadow and this is blue lent color and not a lot but enough to notice. I am very healthy and have a good diet other than that having a few allergies when the season change nothing big watery eyes itchy face. No cough or pain or any other things going on in my head. Have a few bad teeth but nothing that is painful or rotten. Have just noticed this the past couple months and keep thinking about what is causing it. Strange stuff!

Psuedomonas Aeruginos is a gamma-bacteria type responsible for this if you experience severe headache and cold/allergy for more than couple weeks, see a doctor.By the way Phage therapy do bring sophisticated results against this antibiotics-resistant bacteria.

I have the exact same thing blue streaks in my mucus I just noticed it like 5 days ago. I have had a cold for like 7 days. Has anyone ever heard of morgellons disease? Foreign fiber come out of your skin and other parts of the body. Sometimes it can cause bad rashes and itchiness. But sometimes it can just be the fibers.

I am a girl, smoker, and have a deviated septum with chronic rhinitis and randomly get blue mucus when I blow my nose.. Did your surgery help overall?

I too have noticed this odd blue tinge thru blowing my nose ( been using sinus rinse for 2 wks)
Question- does anyone out there have a chronic horrible tastevin their mouth as well as over all halitosis? Trying to figure out if its from sinus OR GI problems-ie... Gerds... Curious!

I am a 24 year old female with the same problem. I never notice the blue streaks when I blow my nose though; only when I spit (but I don't see what I blow out). I have mentioned it to a doctor who shrugged it off, but it has occurred for about 10 years now. I have allergy and sinus problems and guess this had something to do with it. I used to think it was blue jean lint, then blood but the blood idea doesn't sound logical. I don't think the blue will turn red if touched by oxygen. Oh well

Female here, also! My allergies acted up, ended up with a bad ear infection and then the blue showed up anytime I sneezed, coughed or blew my nose. I had a horrible smell stuck in my head for days!

hey, mine did that just today, maybe it was some spoiled food that was in the freezer for too long and has gone bad in the stomach, or smoking too much can also lead to it

could be a bad liver? or you smoke too much? ate some bad frozen food?