Hi, I have the same problems with alcohol for 15+ years, too - I can not drink any alcohol at all. Besides that I noticed I also have the same problems with cosmetics that have an alcohol as an ingredient - moisturizers, tonics, lotions, etc. Almost all perfumes consist from alcohol (or alcohol denat), so no perfume for me either.  It can be so hard that I am sneazing when I am close to a stranger wearing perfume, so I am seriously considering to stop using elevator ;).  I have hard time with other people's cigarette (and weed) smoke, too. 

I do not have any proven allergy (I've been tested several times). I am taking antihistamines daily and corticosteroids occasionally. Maybe they help a bit, the only thing that helps me is to sleep enough. When I am working too long and sleeping too little, my symptoms are worse. 

I am A+.

Anyone with the similar symptoms get tested on ALDH?  

I have had these same allergy, then recently I started to take 1 tablet of prednisolone 5mg 1hr or so before i drink & i had no problems. but i just stuck to 6-7 beers or 300ml spirits gradually trough the night. Only once I wanted to make the best use of having no allergic reaction & went overboard drinking a bottle of red wine & some beers, i ended up puking & having a hangover but no allergic reaction. I dont know if that would work for anyone else & i dont know how it is to just take 1 prednisolone 5mg tab.

well, alcohol is high in histamine! You should make a histamine test. I'm intolerant already and I couldn't drink red wine for a long time! Now after my diagnosis, I found Daosin. It controls the histamine level and I can eat and drink everything

well for me it sounds like a histamine intolerance! Alcohol is high in histamine and can causes different symptoms by having an intolerance. I'm sensitive to it but since I'm using "Daosin", it's dietary supplement which I bought online, I can drink alcohol without having problems. Of course I avoid to drink to much for sure, but now I can enjoy my glass of red wine every day

Hi.
I'm 26 years old and have always had a Intolerance to alcohol although it seems to have got worst. I used to be able to have 2 drinks but now one glass of wine is enough to cause my eyes to stream, nose to drip and frequent sneezing. I will not drink for weeks but then a social occasion warrants a champagne and I can't enjoy it. I found spirits to be better than wine & beer. I spoke to two doctors in the past but had no help. After some research regarding the histamine in alchohol so I tried taking lorratdine which is non drowsy hayfever tablets. I take one an hour or more before drinking, follow every drink with a glass of water and ensure you are drinking on a full stomach of food and it usually allows me to have a few vodkas & coke.

About 4 years ago I developed this allergy too. I stopped drinking for years, then got pregnant (really couldn't drink). Then I tried drinking 4th of July this year and was perfectly fine- had about 4 margaritas and was having a great time! A few weeks later I went of a few days getaway with my best friend and drank consistently throughout the day all kinds of alcohol and still not reaction. Then about a week ago- bam same old sinus headache and congestion. I am so confused?? How can I be okay sometimes and other times not? I have horrible allergy problems and allergic asthma. I'm on a great new nasal spray that I thought had been making everything better but I guess not. I wish I could figure out what was the problem so that I could at least drink every once in awhile!

I have the same problem. Every time I drink beer or wine one hour later I am sneezing with a runny nose and later a sore throat. in my opinion, it is related to the molds and pollens and beer and wine primarily. I find when I drink expensive vodka meaning very pure t rarely have a problem.

hi mariany,

sounds definetly like a histamine intolerance! All the symptoms are common by having a histamine intolerance. A friend of mine told me detailed about it and I can remember every single word he said. All I know is, that food or drinks which contains histamine occours an allergic reaction. To read more, you should google it or whatever!

My friend is using a dietary supplement called Daosin! Probably it will help you as well, so try to get a diagnosis and give them a try.

best of luck

I am a weekend social drinker , sometimes before having... and just thinking about my first alcoholic drink I can go into a bout of sneezing and nose running which can last approx. 5 mins, and then stops????
does this happen with anyone else?

as yoshi said it three times, it sounds that you are sensitive to histamine.. probably daosin gonna help ya

I am a white female 65 years old and this just started over the last few months I can't drink any type of beer I have always drank beer socially.I stopped drinking beer and I was fine so I thought I would try wine it triggered the sneezing off again.Does anyone know what would help

yes I understand , but I can start the mentioned symptoms just contemplating having an alcoholic drink...I am asking does this happen to anyone else ? just as I consider this to be pretty unusual.

thanks for your reply guest,

Scottish Tom.

I am 65, female, Caucasian. Within the last 6 months, every time I open a beer and have a few sips, I start sneezing and nose starts running. I think I DO have an allergy to maybe the yeast in beer? Because I can drink wine or hard liquor, so far, and no sneezing

I'm allegic to alcohol, especially red wine and sparkling proseco. However, if I want to have a drink I have a glass of proseco the night before then I have the allergy attack, the snuffles, itchy eyes , sneezing, the next day or night I can drink the very same alcohol but have no reaction whatsoever, the reason I have been told is that I have built up my tolerance to it the night before, with the bad reaction. I don't sneeze or snuffle, I can drink it with no reaction at all. However, this only lasts for the one night, if I have the alcholol a few weeks later I am back to sneezing on the very same night. If I know I am going out then I deliberately drink one glass of wine or proseco, suffer the sneezing then I am ok on my night out.

Alcohol releases histamines in your body, causing the allergy symptoms