I,find if I start sneezing after beer which is every time I put the cold tap on and put my nose under it until I stop.. Works every time.. After 5 _10 mins done it for a couple of decades now... You still sneeze under the tap for a while but it works for me

Hi there. I have been a wine drinker/enthusiast for years. I love it all; the education, tasting, traveling to different places, visiting vineyards and wineries, etc. I don’t have a preference (red or white), but I do tend to lean toward certain reds. I starting having sneezing attacks in the middle of the night for no reason and didn’t know what the problem was and thought it was my cpap machine or something. I don’t suffer from seasonal allergies so, I knew it wasn’t that either. About a year ago, I went to an EENT doctor and he prescribed a allergy nasal spray to use when I had an attack. It didn’t work. I have celiac disease among other intestinal issues and have gone on a strict diet FODMAP and on steroids for the past 4 months. I’m only allowed 1 glass of wine (I fudge sometimes

It gets worse because your body loses the immunity it had built up. Best to just quit.

It probably has to do with the fermentation process and if they add anything to the grapes....
I have just figured out that wine is the culprit for my sudden nasal congestion and sneezing. I am going to switch to Whiskey and see if I have no reaction.

For me, hydration matters. If I'm dehydrated and drink alcohol I will always begin sneezing...but for me it's a delayed response and I'll wake up early in the morning sneezing for hours (even if i had a drink early in the day). Benadryl helps sometimes. I have a history of sinusitis but not severe.

Omg... I’m not alone.

I Find its mainly speed, if I drink slowly (normal rate) I'm OK, but if I start drinking faster (as you do! ahem) then my nose blocks and I sometimes start sneezing.

I don’t abuse alcohol, but I hate my job. Having a few drinks after a long day of work, or a day of Church, booze brings me sweet relief. Ive found that taking Kratom before opening a bottle or two of wine helps me immensely! (White, 50’s, Male, Texas USA). Try Kratom befor drinking, or plow through any booze related allergic reaction and let the hooch work its magic. Go Aggies!

Darren Beatty
TX, USA

I have the same complaint as you guys and it looks like there are hundreds of thousands of people with similar symptoms. Not sure if this is a new phenomenon? But one thing to bear in mind, and something that every alcaholic drink contains = alcahol. Maybe that chemical itself is the issue?