I posted a question like this earlier but some things have changed. I have feeling back in that region but I can't get an erection at any time like I could before this problem happened. Can the over masturbation I have done cause temporary ED or have I permanantly damaged myself. I really hope its the first of the two because I am only 18 and don't want to live a life having to rely on pills for an erection.

I heard that Over Masturbation can cause the spongy tissue that fills up to give you an erection can get damaged but couldn't find any information on if it could fix itself or if I have permanantly damaged myself. I read about surgery to fix this but I don't wanna go that drastic route until I am sure it's the only thing I can do.

I'm really concerned and want an answer. I've always masturbated like 3 times a week but the past few days I have done it 3-4 times a day. Could this sudden change in frequency have just temporarily irritated it or should I seek an expert in this sort of field. I wouldn't know who to consult. I just want my life back to normal. This entire ordeal has me upset and scared that I won't get better. I feel so awful and less of a man because I can't get an erection when I want.

If there is anyway anyone can help me or tell me something I could possibly do to remedy this problem. Please let me know asap. I miss my old life and I just want it back. I've been told to stop masturbating for a while. Well that's not hard because I can't even get aroused right now. I'm really concerned and scared and just want everything back to normal.

If anyone can answer this question and help me fix this problem, It would be greatly appreciated.

It could be possible for rough masturbation to damage the spongy tissue, corpus cavernosum. I don't think you'd intentionally hurt yourself though.

Take a break for a few days or longer if you can. See what happens. Sometimes your body just needs a break.

I think that when the time comes you won't have any problem.

Give it some time and post back. Good luck.

Nah. I never do it rough. I just go slow and speed up when I'm near climax. I never squeeze too hard or anything. I'll wait a few days and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply. I feel a little better now. I hope it does help because being 18 I don't want to rely on pills as stated before. I do have a minor bladder infection as well which I think may have something to do with it. Not sure but I'll try and stay positive.

The bladder infection can give you some odd discomfort down there. If you're on anything for it, it may also be a part of the problem.

Just give it a break for a bit.

Post back if it continues.

Me again. I haven't been doing anything down there for about 4 days now and nothing has really changed. I'm really stressed about it and can't seem to get my mind off of it. Could the stress be causing it or not. If so, I may need to get some anxiety medicine or something to calm me down before it gets out of hand. I don't want to permanently damage myself because I worry to much.

Stress can most definitely cause ED.

ED in a young male is usually psychological. In an older men it is more likely to be a physical problem. It's partly due to how your body ages. Your arteries/veins should be fairly clean. As you get older they tend to get "clogged" and harden, atherosclerosis.

I can't tell you how to relax. Exercise is one good way. Pills, especially for anxiety would probably also give you problems as a side effect.

Try to get a bit of exercise and not think about it for a bit.

Keep us posted, good luck.

Hey again Dan. I'm trying my best not to stress but it's really hard since I've never had a problem getting erect when I tried. I can't even tell if there is blood flowing to my penis at all. I'm having trouble urinating and after that it hurts for like 20 minutes. I usually have to pee once an hour yet I'm not drinking more than a few cups a day.

Is my body trying to repair itself or should I seek a Penile Specialist. The medicine the doctor gave me doesn't seem to be working as my symptoms have only gotten worse. I'm starting to get really scared now and I don't know what to do. Is there any advice you could give me or some one you could refer me to for additional help. I just want this problem to go away. It's really interfering with my life now. I can't sleep. I can't work and I can't live life normally.

I'm starting to wonder if it could be something more serious than a Bladder Infection (maybe penile cancer) But I heard this was very very rare and almost unheard of it males under age 40. I'm only 18 and I want to live a happy life with my lover and not have to worry about stuff like this.

Thanks for the help you've been giving me and I will eagerly await your response. Thank you.

I understand Zaikudo.

Your body will try to heal itself, that is normal. The bladder infection can make you urinate a lot more frequently and just make you uncomfortable. That is probably a significant part of your anxiety and your ED.

I don't suspect penile cancer. As long as the color of your penis is normal you have blood flowing. It would be very unlikely for this to be a circulatory issue at your age.

The "Penis Specialist" you refer to is a urologist. It may be a good idea for you to make an appointment. They can help you with the bladder infection and the ED. It is their area of expertise.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hello again Dan. I appreciate how much your helping me with this problem. I went back to the doctor today and had them do a prostate exam and a few other tests all of which turned out negative or was in good standing as they say.

My concern now is, could I have artery blockage to the penis. It's one thing I didn't ask about and probably should have. It's also swollen around that area and it's really uncomforatable. I haven't been able to sleep or anything for 2 days and It's really affecting me. I'm still taking the medication they gave me and I have started to drink cranberry juice, since I heard this can keep your urinary tract clean.

I'm just starting to get terrified since I haven't had an erection in 4 days which I don't think is normal even with a bladder infection. Is it normal to not have an erection during such illnesses or should I see a Urologist to see if I have some arterial blockage. I'm not sure how I could have gotten it since I doubt masturbating could have caused it.

Thanks again.

I'm glad the prostate and other exams came out normal.

It's really unlikely that at your age you'd have any serious blockage in an artery, unless there was trauma or infection. You are probably getting erections in your sleep but we can't be sure. I don't think masturbating would do it.

The urologist can check this out for you.

I still tend to think the infection is part of the problem and that once it is resolved that you'll be back to normal in no time.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey again Dan. Sorry if I'm getting to be irritating to you but your helping me a lot.

I haven't been able to sleep for 3 days now. I lay in bed for 7+ hours and I get no sleep. I went to the emergency room today and the doctor checked me out and believes I may have balanitis so he gave me some medicine for it. He also gave me a number for a urologist if nothing changes in the next few days.

I start a job Monday with my father and I just want to get better by then. I can't sleep. I'm constantly tired I still can not get an erection, I'm using the bathroom quite often and it's hard for me to get the flow started. The burning pain has diminished to nothing more than an annoyance. It's not horribly painful anymore. I have an appointment with my normal doctor this Friday and he will do a complete physical exam and I'm gonna ask him if he can prescribe me some anxiety medicine because my nerves are all torn up.

I will most likely visit the urologist the doctor referred me too on this day if nothing is better by then. I'm just really scared since I've never had trouble getting it up before nor have I ever had a problem with that area of my body. I'm just sick of feeling this way. I miss being able to sleep. I have no appetite. I have to force myself to eat, which I don't like doing. I just wish this would all go away. I can't be bothered with this anymore. It's utterly life altering and I'm just not wanting to deal with it anymore.

My last erection I recall was Friday morning. Saturday night I may have had one while i was asleep but after that night. I haven't been able to sleep at all no matter what I do. I took some Benadryl to help me sleep and it did nothing. I took a sleeping pill my mom used to have to take for her insomnia it again did nothing. I miss being able to erect when I want, I miss being able to sleep when I want and I just miss my happy-go-lucky life in general.

I just...I need to get better. I just have to. At this age I have my whole life ahead of me and I don't want something like this to hinder me so much. I'd rather be dead at this point.

Again I thank you for staying in touch with me and your helping me a lot. I just wish you could do something more for me than just give me reassurance and advice but that's all you can do and I really appreciate it. I'll keep you posted as the days go on.

You're not irritating me in the least. I wish I could do more for you too.

One caution with the Benadryl, it doesn't make everyone sleepy. In some people it makes them restless, nervous, or gives them problems sleeping. It can also give you ED.

Balanitis? Is your penis or foreskin red? Do you have any discharge? Maybe. It can make you very uncomfortable. The bladder infection can make you tired too, and cause the frequent urination.

I do think the urologist is a good idea and I think you'll feel better after the exam. Tell them everything OK?

One last thing, anxiety medicine, I know you're not on anything yet, can give you ED.

Hang in there. I'm glad you've got a job coming up. Keep us posted.

Well. I am circumcised but the doctor said I could still have balantitis. It is swollen but not really red. Do you think it could be balantitis or do you think it might be something else. The medicine he gave me was Cephalexin. I'm supposed to take it 3 times a day for a few days.

I know I seem kind of pathetic to be 18 and so concerned, but I just want to get better. Is that too much to ask. Why can't I just go back in time and stop myself just that once. My mom doesn't want to take me to a urologist until friday but I keep telling her maybe I should go as soon as possible. I might just be overreacting and it could still be the infection that I have and maybe everything will be alright after taking this medicine for a few days but I'm still worried.

I just want to be alright. I'm literally crying every few hours afraid I'll never get better when I know I most likely will. I just want a correct diagnosis. Maybe I do have balanitis but maybe I don't. If this medicine doesn't work I'll just have the urologist run every test he can on me.

Another question I have is can a urologist check blood circulation to that part of the body. Just for some reassurance that it's not a blood flow problem or do I have to see someone else for that. I'm worrying myself to tears over this because I just miss my old life of do it when I want, sleep and eat when I want and just hang out and be happy. My ultimate goal is to overcome whatever this is and get my life back on track.

Balanitis isn't that common in circumcised men. It can happen, just it isn't nearly as common. Without seeing it, no I don't want pictures, we'll have to go with what the doctor says.

Cehalexin is an antibiotic. It should help clear up the infection if it caused by bacteria.

A urologist can check everything related "down there." It is their area of expertise.

For now, keep taking your meds as prescribed. Drink plenty of fluids and get some rest. Try to relax. Worrying will make the problem worse.

Hang in there, keep us posted.

I'm trying to relax. I can't though. I think I need to temporarily take some anxiety medication. My grandfather had GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) so now I'm concerned I might have it. I really wish I could stop worrying. I'm losing sight of what's really wrong with me and what's not. I took one of them online anxiety tests and it says I have extreme anxiety problems and should see a doctor about getting some medicine for it.

The past 2 days i have been having suicidal thoughts and I don't like it. I can't sleep at all. I'm so tired right now my vision is blurry and I just can't sleep. I'm scared Dan. I really am. I want someone to help me through this time of hardship for me.

I'm sorry if I seem stupid for assuming all these things. I just want to be back to normal.

Thanks for putting up with me. You really do care about me.