Brother I feel
Your
Pain. Mine was a bit more straightforward but still had some bumps. Congrats on a job well done

Hello. I am writing to tell you about a success story. I had a total colectomy laparoscopic assisted almost 3 months ago. Dr. Lipshitz in NYC did the procedure and was assisted by Dr. Kuntz his physician assistant. It was a rough couple of weeks with gas and pain and trying to learn about new lifestyle and how often I can whack it because it made a world of a difference. I am proud to say that yesterday the nurse practitioner cleared me for all activities after she blue me. Good luck everyone

My husband had his colon removed aged 30 because of UC, he is not 57 and not been back onto hospital. He has a big scar but it soon faded and really we don't notice it anymore. He only had UC for a year before his surgery and had a ileostomy for 18months before getting it reversed. Remember this was 30 years ago and they were just discovering how to do this so it was a risk back then , now its not. He never looked back in comparison to a ileostomy there is no better choice, he lives a normal life Good luck

Hello.I'm an impatient patient. My dr.talked to me a week ago bout havin a sub-total Colectomy. NO bag. I do not want one of those. But he said he could hook it back to the rectom. He took out my sigmoid out 6yrs.ago n found a grapefruit sized tumor so surgury went couple hours longer. My questionis? After I have this what will my life be like after surgury? I can't poop now as it is. I've taken every thing now n nothing works.I may go once every couple wks couple peanuts where it feels like I've passed somethin bigger. I can go a she month n not poo. I've never had diarrhea since I was so I'll n the hosp.where I ended up w. C-DIFF. What can I expect after the surg.I've read some people go doz. Times a day to less than 4 a day. So what is considered normal?p

Oops I wasn't done writing. I have one more wk.to decide n call my dr.he said to call the office and they'll set up a Date for surg.I know there's tests out there to determine what's the cause of my delay in having a BM. But after takin all the lax.everyone now that i kw of.I'm thinkin why delay that time n progress when they could be doin somethin else. Even 20yrs ago if go maybe once a wk. But why spend the money n time to just tell me I have a slow transit or my vowels seem dead. The cells don't work well to push the feces through n out? That's a waste of time right? When when he does the surg. He can then see what the prob. N delay is from lookin at my colon as it's layin out n front of him n he can take biopsies of needed. I tk.what I'm askin here would it be my best interest to have this done n beable to have a reg. BM. Which is scary to me. I've not had much of one n yrs. My belly n stomac is n pain. I can't do anything w. My family. I don't smile no more. I just lay around. I'm very ill w. Hoshimoto also. Not been heathyl since my hysterectomy In 2009 n nearly died from sepsis couple days later aftr I left the hosp.My vitals all shut down n full blood transfusion I had none left flowin. Near death n was in hosp couple wks. Then pic line for a month.barely made it to the hosp.ICQ 3 nites. Woke up no idea where I was. So w.the sub total colectomy good idea or better? Is it as bad as some say? Member now I WON'T BE WEARING A BAG. NOOOO. Still go as normal but will have bout a foot of colon attached to my rectum.should I ask for follow up tests why my colon not passin stools through n they not really stools more like cluster of couple peanut shapes. Or just go GeT w.the dr. N just do the surg. N not waste any time check-in why nuttin is workin? I've had so many dr.issues all yr. N tests. I just can't see doin anymore tests. But is it worth it? And how are YOU COPING w. Gavin it done? You glad you had it done? Feel better that you can have a BM. Now? Plz.write back now you feel. My family is grown up so I don't have much to do to not rest. I'm 58. This a good change in your life or was it a waste and wished you hadn't done it at all. Much appreaciative to your comments..

hello i had a total colectomy 12 years ago and i still have so much pain and i too process food right after i eat does it ever get any better

Hi i had a subtotal colectomy 10 days ago due to constipation. Surgeon said it was 5ft long so thats a cause for constipation on its own. Anyway, the first week was horrific. Pain and sickness and i didnt eat a thing for 8 days but home now and eating. Ive been told to eat what i want. Obviously i wouldn't eat fast food, high grease things but i never ate like that before. Whats classed as soft food? Ive been having a sandwich for lunch but seeded bread. Should i be having white bread? I also have a stabbing pain really low under my lower abdomen.