I really need an answer... The sooner the better! Can anyone please tell me what the cost will be up front to get started on methadone program? How much do I need to come up with out of pocket to pay to get started with my first doses of methadone? I dont have an health insurance. PLEASE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS, TELL ME...thank you!

that depends on what clinic you go to some just want you to pay for a weeks worth of dosing $70 others want two weeks and pay for the doctor exam. The cheapest start up place I found only wanted 1 weeks paid doses and no money for doctor that is in portland OR so If I were you I would call the different clinics and see what they can do for you. Have you heard of suboxone I weened off of methadone to get on suboxone and it is so much better!! I got fat on methadone and lost all of the weight when I switched to suboxone. defenietly check into suboxone first so you dont have to go thru the unnecassery process of detoxing off methadone to get on suboxone wich is what a lot of poeple end up doing. 8-|

i live in tn & go to crossroads in ga & it cost $10 to start & $10 a day there after hope this helps good luck & God Bless