Hey there.

One of my friends moved into my estate. I am feeling like we are from this TV show “Desperate housewives” because we are visiting each other every day. Three of us are having an amazing time, and one thing that I really like is that we have pets :) All three of us :)

Now, when I went to see Rebeca yesterday, I went to visit her with my Boo. He was playing around, and she gave him some biscuit. I saw that he was happy, it obviously that he loves this biscuit.  

She suggested me to buy this to him, but I am scared that this doggy biscuits can cause obesity?

Is this true? 

Hello. Regular dog food can cause obesity if your dog consumes it in a great amount. Biscuits are not supposed to be the food that your dog eats regularly because they have a lot of calories. You would be surprised how many calories there is in an average dog biscuit. That’s why they do increase the risk of obesity, but I hate when pet owners interpret that as they should never give a single treat to their pet. It’s not like that. You can give a biscuit to your pet from time to time, but be aware that they’re very caloric, you don’t want to overdose your dog with it.

Hey.

Sure they can cause obesity. You can give a little bit to your dog, but not every day. Remember this is not a regular food, and they do have a lot of calories, that you dog don’t need.

Remember this is not a regular pet food, it can be like award when your dog did something right,

Sometimes, I give this to my dog, but very, very rarely. I think that I give biscuits to my dogs once in month, or twice. But, I want to avoid it because they are not healthy. They have a lot of sugar, a lot of calories, and your dog can be fat :)

Hello. Of course they can, because they are not healthy at all. This food can definitely lead to obesity and obesity can lead to a lot of different things, a lot of health issues of your dog. I am not feeding my dog with doggy biscuits and I will never feed my dog with those biscuits as well. If you want to award your dog for being good, you can do it with your homemade biscuits. I am making them every month, and I think that this is just fine. Anyway, those from the stores have a lot of sugar, and they are really bad for your dog’s weight and teeth. 

Hey all,

I don’t really think dog biscuits could make your dog obese.  At least not unless you are giving him a large amount of biscuits a day. There is a certain amount of calories your dog should eat every day, but it also varies depending on how much physically active is your dog. The amount of calories your dog eats should be the same as the amount of calories he burns the same day.

When it comes to biscuits(or any other treats), I think 2 or 3 a day would be okay. But you better take him out for a run at least once a day!

Hello.
I agree with you guys, because I unfortunately have a lot of experience with this. I was not treating my dog right. I had American Eskimo dog, but I didn’t know that much about the dogs back then.

I was feeding him with everything and everything.
I was feeding him with my lunch as well.
Very soon, I bought those cookies and biscuits, and I saw that he likes them. After this, he didn’t wanted to eat anything else, and I didn’t know that biscuits can do so many health issues.
My dog was fat and he started to have so many health issues.
I am now totally against those biscuits, because I was giving him a really huge amount of cookies and biscuits.

I don’t think of dog biscuits as of something I need to avoid. I have them in my house occasionally (when I have the money to buy them, which is not very often). They are a bit expensive so I don’t have a habit of buying them, but whenever my dog is with me in the pet shop, we just need to buy them. Even if it means I won’t be able to buy food for myself later. He just stares at them until he sees me putting them in the basket. I didn’t notice any weight gain, but like I said, biscuits aren’t something that he eats regularly.