Hi. I had a bad nose job and think that I should give it a shot for one more time. I`ve heard something about Dr. Richard Ellenbogen and would like to hear some reviews. Is there anybody with experience who could tell me more about Dr. Ellenbogen? Should I go for it?

Hi. Dr. Richard Ellenbogen and his staff are really great. I had rhinoplasty 2 years ago and I`m very pleased with his work. He`s like more than I have ever expected. I`m satisfied I choose him to do my nose job and I highly recommend Dr. Richard Ellenbogen. I`ve been reading some Dr. Richard Ellenbogn reviews and must say that many people say that he`s great. His reputation is practically spotless. Dr. Richard Ellenbogen is an excellent plastic surgeon.

.
Someone uninformed said Ellenbogen left a scar under a patients nose..He doesn' do open rhinoplasty  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

Also he is 63 and has performed about 5000 rhinoplasties and has more energy than anyone half his age.He goes to Mexico each month to do pro bono surgery. He addressed the Rhinoplasty Society each year.He teaches postgraduate plastic surgeons and recentlly published a revolutionary paper on stem cells in plastic surgery.My nose is fantastic and I didnt need any pain pills.

.

.

i just got my nose done by dr ellenbogen. i had a longer nose and wanted it to be a littler shorter. now its too short. he didn't listen to anything that i said! i didn't find out until now what a terrible doctor he is. any advise on what i should do??

I saw Dr Ellenbogen on Dr 90210. I went to his office for my $300 consult. I had a broken nose that I wanted fixed because it healed wrong. Ellenbogen, did not listen to me in my consult. He told me " I will figure out what I will do once I am on the operating table". Which scared me. What if our vision are not the same? He then took my picture and try to show what I would look like after with cheap paint on the picture. This scared me even more. I then went to a consult with another Dr who warned me against him saying he had to fix alot of his patients. Ellenbogen does not perform all the surgures himself. So I am told. How will you know when you are out?

Dr. Ellenbogen performed my rhinoplasty only 1 week ago. To be quite honest, I was extremely nervous, since I have never had any procedures performed. All I can say is that he is an absolute genius! I am beyond thrilled! It's only been 1 week since my surgery and my nose looks stunning! I can't believe he was able to make my nose so beautiful, and it doesn't look like I have had a nose job at all. He made sure that he kept me looking true to myself. Oh, and I also recommend the fat grating he did...I look like myself but 10 years younger. I LOVE looking at the mirror now. And to top if off, the staff at his office is amazing as well. They are so helpful, kind and supportive. I HIGHLY recommend him!!! He will also show you hundreds of pictures of before and after pictures. You will be amazed! Do not get rhinosplasty done by any other physican without seeing Dr. Ellenbogen first. :-D

You would be making the best decision of your life to go to him!! Dr. Ellenbogen is an outstanding plastic surgeon and artist. He spent a lot of time with me during the consult, and more importantly he did a fabulous job on my nose!!!
-Naz :-)

i went to Dr. EllenBOGUS about 2yrs ago. He did my nose and fat grafting. my nose came out more crooked than it was before, i had went in because i didn't like my profile. well after surgery my nose was crooked from the front! i had to wait a year to get it fixed which Dr. Ellenbogen said he would do and after spending $11,000 the first time i agreed to spend another $1,200 to fix it. NO DIFFERENCE!!!! I have no idea what he did but waste more of my time and money! i waited so long to do this and it's been a total nightmare!! And about the fatgrafting, I do not look like the same girl at all. My face looks fat and when i smile these big round cheeks stick out. I never even asked for the fatgrafting, I was perfectly fine with my face but he talked me into it. Terrible mistake. I have turned into a ghost, i no longer look into the mirror. I don't see me and it it way too painful. I now have to go and get injections in my nose where there are depressions and to try to fix where he made my front appearance so crooked. More money spent!!! And the Dr that i go to now has alot of ellenbogen's patients coming to him to fix where ellenbogen totally messed up. I would tell everybody to please rethink going to this dr.you do not want to suffer like I have, nothing but a nightmare!!!!!

I HAVE HAD TWO RHINOPLASTY SURGERIES WITH ELLENBOGEN, AND I AM INCREDIBLY HORRIFIED. I NOW HAVE TO HAVE A $20,000 SURGERY WITH DR. JAY CALVERT TO CORRECT WHAT HE HAS DONE. I STRONGLY ADVISE THAT YOU THINK TWICE BEFORE GOING TO ELLENBOGEN, AND IF YOU DO, DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO PUT ANY TYPE OF IMPLANT IN YOUR NOSE. HE DID NOT TELL ME THAT THEY CAN GET INFECTED AND THAT THEY EVENTUALLY MOVE AND CAN START STICKING OUT THROUGH YOUR SKIN. IF YOU HAVE GONE TO ELLENBOGEN AND YOU NEED A REVISION, CONSULT DR. JAY CALVERT IN BEVERLY HILLS, HE SPECIALIZES IN DIFFICULT REVISION RHINOPLASTY. CALVERT HAS ALSO TREATED A LOT OF ELLENBOGEN'S PATIENT'S FOR RHINO REVISIONS. ELLENBOGEN IS NOT RESPECTED BY FELLOW PLASTIC SURGEON'S, SO DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID.

Sorry to hear that some of you had bad experiences with Dr. Ellenbogen, but thank you for sharing them so that others can be informed.

I recently went for a consultation with Dr. Ellenbogen and I left the office feeling depressed! All I wanted was a nose job but he went on and on about other things that I should do to look younger. Everyone I meet tells me how young I look, but he told me that I looked old and needed to do the fat grafting. Honestly, I'd rather look old than have that "done" look. He said he'd give me a deal I won't be able to resist, but only if I did everything. I should say that he spent a lot of time with me, which was surprising. Other consultations I went to were 10 minutes. This one was 2 hours! But it would've been nice if he asked what *I* wanted and not went on telling me what he thinks I should do. What one guest said about her cheeks looking big and round is how I imagined I'd look with the fat grafting. But I could see how someone could be talked into doing that, especially with the "deals" they offer.

Just for comparison, a few months ago I went for a consultation with another well known doctor. He said I had a beautiful face and should just make minimal changes to the nose. I would've gone with that doctor except that his fees were ridiculous!

I'm glad I found this site. I've decided that I'm not going to go with Dr. Ellenbogen.

By the way, I found it surprising that last year this time it took 3 months to be able to get an appointment and the consultation fee was $300. Not any more!

I had a revision rhinoplasty with Ellenbogen 3 years ago. I feel since then my life has changed. Not one day goes by where I don't wake up thinking about what Ellenbogen did to me. He convinced me to do the fat grafting, but on the day of the surgery I changed it to a chin implant because ofcourse he said I needed that too. That was the biggest mistake of my life. He cut up my nerves in my inner lip to the point where my lip was hanging down to my lower chin. I have not regained the sensation in my lip and in addition I have spent $17000 to "fix" my chin. My lower lip still hangs lower than it used to. If that isn't a butcher than I don't know what is. He also chopped off my nose, and performed an "open" rhinoplasty without informing me. This ofcourse left me with huge scars on the sides of my nose. It really is hard looking in the mirror sometimes. I think the worst part was when my 5 year old saw a picture of me that I had taken before the rhinoplasty and said mom you look different here, I think you were little then.

Ellenbogen told me he will figure out what he will do with my nose once we are in surgery. That is when i had my doubts. Thank god I went with Kotler in beverly hills

Please, could u tell me who was this other expensive doctor.
I need to do a reconstructive surgery, and I am trying to find the best doctor in LA. I have met with Dr JAy calvert, he is a sweetheart, but his photos are not that great. I met with Andrew Frankel, majority of his pictures are great but he , himself was cold and arrogant. I don't know what to do:(

.
How dare you call someone a  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

when you are obviously not a patient of Ellenbogen's. He did my rhinoplasty 3 years ago using an open technique which he never warned me of. I have huge scars on both sides of my nose now. I believe I was his guinea pig at the time since back then he was training John Diaz. In addition to that, he left me with permanent nerve damage in my lower lip after placing a unnecessary chin implant. BEWARE OF THIS MAN!!! He is not out for your best interest! He just cares about your money.

Dr. Richard Ellenbogen is simply the best! I had cosmetic surgery with him and it came out exactly as planned. I would use him again. Those that complain are people that wanted some kind of miracle. His credentials are the utmost.