I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I'm only 2 and 1/2 months pregnant and my boyfriend and I constantly fight over the stupidest things. I know there's still time to get an abortion if I wanted to, but I don't wanna give up my baby. This coming from someone who was always anti-children. I've grown to the idea of being a mommy but can I handle being a single mommy? I've always been the independent woman who never took squat from anyone and could handle everything on my own. Now, I'm in this new relationship where I've become so dependent on my boyfriend and I have no idea how I got there. Yes, I do love him but is love always enough? He's got such a bad temper and it's especially worse when he drinks. I can't say I'm innocent either, though. I used to be a heavy drinker and I would feed off of his anger and antagonize. Now, I'm not drinking and I see things a little more clear. He's promised to get help time and time again but still, nothing has changed. I keep on running to my mom and staying at her place whenever we get into a serious fight and then the next day, he promises to get help but yet he never does and then we're back to square one. How many times can I forgive him until enough is enough? And what am I going to do when the baby comes? I can't go running to mom. Although she says she'll take me in no matter what, I won't put that burden on her. Not with a newborn baby. Who wants to deal with that when it's not their kid? Plus, I don't have a car. Do I stick around and deal with my mentally abusive other half and just swallow my pride? Or do I get out? If so, how? I don't think I could afford it on my own. How did I let it get to this? Can anyone help?

Well first your boyfriend needs to stop drinking. He will not help no one in that condition. You are pregnant and your hormones can go crazy, and from time to time you may freak out over little things. I really don't think that it would be a good idea for you to get an abortion. You said that you are strong and independent women. And even if your boyfriend does not want to get his things right, i think that you are strong enough to raise that baby by your self. You also mentioned that your mother is very supportive and you also need to let her to help you. Please tell us that you have decided to keep the baby, and stopped thinking about abortion. Keep us posted on your status.

I know that this seems very overwhelming right now but I want you to know two things: first of all, you love him. But that doesn't mean anything. You can still love someone but they're wrong for you, and you will love another again, so do not let that prevent you from leaving. Second, your baby needs good care and if you want your baby to grow up in a good environment, you leave. Your mom has offered to take you in. If there's any pride to swallow, that would be it. Hopefully you are able to get a solution to this soon. Keep us posted.

Hi Bubbles134, how are you doing? Is your situation any better? Love has to have a big part in a relationship, but if some other things do not work well, then love sometimes is just not enough. You have to know that you are not on your own and that you have your mother. And this is a big thing. I think that your boyfriend is not realizing what he has. He is about to become a father and he has to be more serious about this.
Pleas keep us posted. I really wish you all the best.