I know that anal sex is not exclusively experienced by gay man. I have noticed that it become very common for guys to ask for anal sex. I guess that it is enjoyable for some people, but I still have fear of it. Anyway I’ve been seeing one guy for couple of months now and he started to put pressure on me about anal sex. I will do it so I wanted some kind of tip to prepare myself. Why is it enjoyable? Female, 23 years.

Here is one- RELAX. Go slow and use lubricants. Anal sex is enjoyable because of the rich body of nerve endings in the anus. Yes, people often experience pain when first attempting anal sex, but with the time as a person learns to relax, the pain often subsides into pleasure. For men, anal sex also offers stimulation to the prostate, an organ that provides the rush of pleasure during orgasm, anal sex for many seems like a taboo activity. Here are some tips for first time: hot bath before hand, an erotic massage or even just a good workout, remember that the sphincter muscles around the anus will not allow things to pass through easily unless you relax and take it slow. Do not start with something the size of a dildo or penis, start with your partner's finger. The best positions for anal sex depend largely on what stage you and the guy you are with are at in your experiences but "doggie style" position is the one position most people associate with anal sex.

Communication is key to have a great experience. Go slow and yes, like posted above, by all means use a lube. Use a lube that will not be runny or to thin as you will need it to stay where you want it.

It may be slightly painful at first but as you relax more and more into it, it will become more and more pleasurable.

Don't worry to much about it and things should go great. Have a great time!

Take care Smile