Hey Everyone, It's the fourth post-operative day since my rhinoplasty with Dr. Philip Miller. My surgical goals were to remove my dorsal hump and straighten my bridge, while leaving everything else about my nose as it was. So far my discomfort has been minimal! My swelling and bruising is nearly gone (I do wonder if his recommended 2000mg/day dose of Vitamin C helped in the healing process). I am so curious to know what's under my cast and will update the forum soonest I see my results. I know how important it is to get feedback, especially on your particular surgeon. What I can say so far is that the surgical experience has been pretty painless. I will let you know the aesthetic outcome as the days go on.

Had my surgery with Dr. Miller. From the consult right through to the surgery, he was great. Assured me everything would be fine and it was. I was really nervous about the outcome as well as the anesthesia, but both went really well. I was a little naseaus when I woke up after the surgery, but that went by pretty quickly. AND NO PAIN. He gives you pain meds just in case, but I never used mine. had a cast for one week, I could shower and go outside. cast came off at one week and the nose, though a little swollen, looked perfect! And there was NO bruising. This guy knows his craft. He stresses that it's a team approach and that his nurses, and anesthesiologist work as a team to get the best results. And they do. No reservations about this guy. He has the reputattion of being the best, and he deserves it.

Hi there,

I also had my surgery with Dr. Miller and yes his staff was excellent from beggining to end! His care of you is excellent the pain was not bad. However, I feel like the other lady that the the results are too conservative. I feel as if my tip still needs refinement and the bridge still needs to come down a little bit. He then is requesting to charge to correct this. So I recomend you are very clear on what you want with him to ensure your completely satisfied.

Hope this helps

I don't know about rhinoplasty, but I had facial implants put in as well as buccal fat and chin liposuction by Dr. Miller. Honestly I feel like I lost $20,000. I regret having it done by him. I now want my implants removed because the cheek ones are too big and slightly shifted, and my jaw angle ones are uneven. Oh, and he charges an extra $1500 to have them removed. The fat that was rmoved from my face left my skin loose. It has been 7 months and it still has not tightened. The worse money ever spent in my life. I would do homework before I chose a surgeon. With all that said, he still may be good at Rhinoplasty. However, I have choose another doctor for my Rhino, and hopefully he will remove my implants as well.

i think dr. miller is a robot with no emotion who only cares to get paid...

a week after my surgery with him, i went in for the bandages (ears) to be removed. thought he would be the one to do this but wasnt, his nurse did and said "thats it, ur done." i was in total shock when i realized he wasnt going to check his own work or even come in the room to ask how i was feeling. i then figured he would ask to see me a month after surgery when some swelling had subsided (like all plastic surgeons do) and guess what, i never received a phone call. i am so disappointed with his work ethic. before surgery it felt like his annoying phony ass secretary (Bernadette) wouldnt stop calling, and now after surgery i dont even get a call to see how im doing or get called in for a check up? i think its terrible and im sooo upset for paying him the money i did bc im not even 100% satisfied with the end result.

RUN DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!! I hate to talk bad about any doctor but i want to prevent what happened to me from happening to someone else. About two years ago i had my first Rhinoplasty with Dr. Miller. My nose had been fractured, had a deviated septum, breathing problems mainly on the left side of my nose, it was droopy and was overall "to big" for my face. The consultation went great, he took pictures of me before and photo shopped it to show me what it would look like afterward and i couldn't have been happier with what he showed me. He assured me all my problems would get fixed. He would straighten it, fix my breathing, reduce the size..the tip..the bridge, the works. So i finally had my surgery, everything was great and had the cast off. After a couple months i could tell it was a failure, i still couldn't breath out of my left side, i still had this big bulbous tip that i had before, but he said it would go down it would still take a few months more. All of a sudden i started to notice this big bump at the tip of my nose, he said it was cartilage due to the nose still changing, so he went in and shaved it down. Another month later it came back..again had to go in and have him shave it down. A couple weeks later i noticed in my left nostril an abscess was growing, i left for a week hoping it would go down and it didn't. I woke up one morning and my whole left side of my nose was swollen, couldn't breathe at all and a HUGE bump on the outside of my nose as well as the abscess still on the inside of my nose. I ended up having to go the hospital and for them to tell me that they can't touch the abscess, which was full of blood because they didn't want to damage any work he did. I went into his office the next day he cut it and drained it and told me that he had no idea why this had happened 6 months after the surgery and had no explanation, but that bump on my nose NEVER went away and i was still complaining that i couldn't breath from the left side. He tells me that the inside of my nose is very dry and use a dehumidifier and some saline spray, after weeks of attempting this i was getting nowhere. So finally, on another visit he cracks and tells me that my septum has shifted to the right and he'll have to go back in and fix it along with the bump on the side of my nose. I was so upset after a year of telling him this problem all of a sudden he sees it now.

Round two, weeks after the second surgery. Still no improvement on my breathing at ALL and that bump on my nose was still there and the bump on the tip of my nose came back only it wasn't one bump this time its two!! he didn't correct it at all. I no longer went back for anything. they didn't call or anything to see why i hadn't come back in. It was an absolutely disaster of my time and all that money. Sooo i recently just underwent my THIRD surgery last week to fix everything he had failed to due. The surgeon could not believe everything that was wrong with my nose. He said that there was so much internal work to fix that he had to create an air way for me to breath. He told me that my septum was actually split and somewhat twisted and he didn't know what miller had done to my tip that he might have to take some cartilage from behind my ear because of all the damage that was done. Because of my nose being so misshaped the surgeon actually told my mom "i had to put her nose in the middle of her face where it belonged".

Overall, i DO NOT recommend Dr. Miller for Rhinoplasty, but i heard he does a mean face lift.

who was the doc who did your revision?

Thanks for the info casz.

My name is Anna B. Oncu. I was a patient of Dr. Phillip Miller 03-16-2010.I had a rhinoplasty.
Dr. Phillip Miller worth every penny spend on the surgery. I met six other plastic surgeons and was not impresses w/ any of these so called "masters". Finally I came across Dr. Phillip Miller web site. I guess seven is my luck number.
I immediately look at before and after photos. He likes to customize each nose for every patient. I also saw revision surgery before and after photos..The secondar nose job surgery always more difficult and requires expertise than first rhinoplasty surgery. He corrects some other doctors mistakes..
When I meet Dr. Phillip Miller I was impressed with his recommendations and professional manner. He examine the inside of my nose, the quality of my skin, shape of my nose and the relationship of my nose to my facial features. My first impression of him; he is very smart, experienced, and very serious about his work! An YES I bet my money on him and schedule my surgery same day. To say that, I was nervous about surgery and I underestimated this people at first.. Dr. Phillip Miller , nurses, assistants and office manager were all very accommodating to my needs..
Dr. Phillip Miller has a accredited operating room and works with board certified anesthesiologist. Which made feel safe. Dr. Garland is board certified anesthesiologist works with Dr. Miller for 17 years.
My recovery was very quick and absolutely painles! I mean no pain at all.. Just the little pressure middle of my face. I did not have to take any pain medication. Also I was breathing through my nose from the first day. Never had any kind of nose bleeding. I was very comfortable.. That tells me al lot bout Dr. Miller's expertise and gentle hand. I had some bruising and swelling under my eyes, which was excepected, and gone 7 to 10 days.
I was very happy when I saw the first result after my cast off. He changed my nose without changing my face. I like the shape very much! It's only one moth after surgery but already happy the way nose looks like; it's not over done very natural in balance with my facial features.
I belive Dr. Miller would make everybody happy. I speak very highly about him beacuse I am very pleased with over all experience.. I felt completely comfortable trusting him with my face. In everyway possible they all made me comfortable; the nurses, the stuff.. I really didn't think it was going to be that easy.

I had a amazing experince. I just feel very confident recommending Dr. Phillip Miller and his place, the best place to go and get something done. He is a master!

This is my experience, I hope it helps someone.. Please ask for my before and after photos in DR. Miller's office..

Anna

I agree 100% with Anna. I had a rhinoplasty done a month ago and have yet to experience any discomfort or problems.

I'm 24 yrs old, never EVER had surgery and this was a success. Painless/fast recovery; never took the pain meds prescribed, bruising peaked on the 3rd day post op and was gone by the 5th day. I was able to breathe through my nose the ENTIRE time and only had bleeding the day of. Staff/nurse/anesthesiologist everyone was very kind and helpful and made me feel VERY comfortable..I strongly recommend this doctor :-)

I had surgery with Dr. Miller and I think the work overall was good, but likely could have had the same results with other qualified doctors. My problem with his office is you agree to pay a price (mine was over $10,000) then they bill your insurance for tens of thousands of dollars. He's hired a billing specialist who knows just how to push the envelope and code everything to get every possible penny. For example, "facility fee" the room in his office you actually have the surgery: I agreed to pay him for that line item BUT he also billed my insurance for many many thousands of dollars for "hospital stay." You may not even know it because the check usually goes directly to him. I found this highly unprofessional and don't understand how any insurance company hasn't investigated him for fraud. I asked the secretary why they billed my insurance for that because this was a cosmetic procedure and I didn't think it would be covered, her response "what do you care, you didn't have to pay it." I imagine it will catch up with him eventually, hopefully not while he's operating on you and you don't get dragged into that mess! Good luck.

Don't do it!!!
He is a miller, not a talented surgeon. His waivers will waive more rights than any malpractice lawyer has seen. His work will rally the anger of indifferent medical experts!
It is also doubtful he follows proper protocol with claims that resulted in his sub optimal performance.
You do not want him as a surgeon on your face.
You will only get a high bill, and an incompetent surgeon.

He has a court docket for malpractice currently.

One of the scariest aspects for me getting a Nasal Fracture Repair is the thought of my original nose structure changing. My nose was broken many years ago and it affected my breathing especially at night (constant snoring!)-although I always wanted to get this corrected I avoided it since I was so scared getting any kind of nose work done would forever change the appearance of my nose; which I have always liked minus the crooked bridge from being broken.  I was very nervous to even have just a consult anywhere about this issue, but after meeting with Gotham Plastic Surgeries staff I had a feeling Dr. Miller had to be just as comforting and caring as they were to me. Sure enough I had a personal consult with Dr. Miller himself and he made me feel confident since all of my concerns were addressed. He also showed me a visual picture of what he predicted the outcome of my nose would look like after the surgery. After sitting with him and seeing the pictures I realized there was one aspect of my nose I was never completely thrilled with in pictures-a little dip near the tip of my nose. He explained there was a way to fill it in without it looking too drastic of a change. I went ahead and got a nasal fracture repair with Dr. Miller, along with a little cosmetic work since I would be under anesthesia anyway. I never imagined having a nose so perfect on my face. It looks just like the one I was given only now with a straight bridge and no dip at the end. I am so happy I went to Dr. Miller since he for sure listened very carefully to everything I was looking to achieve. I could tell he really cared about my overall happiness and did everything to fulfill my expectations. He certainly is a talented artist dealing with something I feel must be hard perfecting, imperfect faces. I know no one has a completely symmetrical face, and I know mine definitely wasn't to begin with-but Dr. Miller made my nose look flawless. Hisbedside manners were amazing along with his staff and anesthesiologist on board. I had such a great experience at Gotham Plastic Surgery and I feel so lucky I happened to find him online for a consult since I cannot imagine someone else doing a better job than he did on my nose! My breathing is greatly improved along with my confidence. I am so so so happy I found him. Highly recommend.

Dr. Miller is an excellent surgeon. I just had a septoplasty & rhinoplasty last week and couldn't be happier with the results. He is a true artist in area of noses. My procedure took about an hour an a half & my post-op bleeding was very minimal. I am now one week-post op and am very happy with the results, even though there is still considerable swelling which is normal. Dr. Miller has an amazing team & his staff is incredible. He has over 20 years of expertise and only operates on faces.. If considering a nose job, don't hesitate to go with Gotham Plastic Surgery, NYC. Worth every penny!

I went to dr.miller for a chin implant. Needless to say I for ripped off and my chin is crooked with nerve and muscle damage, I complained about it and he told me he didn't see nothing it was me. Meanwhile I went to 4 other doctors and they all said the same thing. He screwed up big time. So he tried to fix it again for free which I appreciate. But it didn't work. So I regret this big time. Especially since I do some modeling work on the side, well did some modeling work. I hate looking in the mirror.mso thanks doctor miller