I have the same problem and just started a couple of months ago, i was seeing a comercial on tv about activia, i think im going to try that and see how it works, im also going to try the aloe vera juice, thanks for the tip.

Hello all, I see post from 2-3 years on here.. Everyone post their problems(myself included), BUT NEVER follows up with a solution or final outcome.. I too feel like c**p after i eat.. Sometimes it constant bloating.. sometimes i can only eat a few bites every 30 minutes and it takes a 1hr to eat one meal. I am eating extremly blan food like -boiled potatoe, sweet potato, chicken, rice, carrots, low acid fruits(THATS IT FOR 3 weeks).. I still feeel horrible
my stomach tingled, i get gas, & sometime it move to my chest wherew i get heart burn.. This week i am having the following test
ultra sounds on stomach area, helicoper bacteria test, scope down the throat test, & numoreous blood test.. If any one like to email me
to compare info feel free.... dax0007 at hotmail com ... THis is all real depressing... BTW-- if anyone suffers from ANEXITY/PANIC issues STAY AWAY FROM PPI drugs like NEXIUM/PROTONIX.. They made me depressed and caused some issues.. ANyways i hope we can all find a happy medium because FOOD for me was a wonderful part of life, now food is just depressing...

BTW- i dont smoke, drink, do drugs... I am 36 yo male who has list 20lbs because of these issues.. I use to work out and be active.. I dont do much anymore... I am very depressed, but trying to stay strong..

Feel free to contact me

Hello, my husband used to feel that way alot after eating, then I found those pills "TUMMY TUNEUP" for him from "Beeyotiful"they help alot in fact he did not have tummy problems for abour 4 years, it just started again about aweek ago and I am going to order some for him, another cheap thing that worked with his stomack problems fast was 3-4 tablespoons full of good brand plain yougert.
hope this helps.

Sounds familiar. For years, one a week or so I'd have an attack like you describe, bloating, gas, pains throughout my abdomen. I tried eliminating foods from my diet one at a time, for weeks at a time, trying to pinpoint the trigger. For one of these preriods, I tried eliminating not only spicy food, but cold water with spicy food. I tried varying when I ate. I tried everything. Then one night I had chest pains hours after eating, went to the emergency room, and they discovered gallstones. After my gallbladder was removed, nearly all these symptoms disappears.

Well this is DAX0007 again.. I posted on this thread around Dec 11,2009... It is now Jan 24,2010.... Life is little better..Stomach feels better, but i have had constant gas issues.. Its weird sometimes the gas issues are in my chest, of they are in the middle of my shoulder blades.. This happens only after i eat... I am going go ahead and get a colonoscpy and possible a CT scan(i dont really want a CT scan)..I a at the end of my rope... Believe me I have tried everything and i still feel like c**p... In the month of Dec i at gluten free food, lots of water, and a simple diet consiting of boiled sweet potato, chicken, bake fish, rice, papaya, melon, grapes, almonds.. I have tried all these BS supplements Mastic GUm, expensive honeys, licroce, all type of stuff... Then one day I got FEED up and just decided to eat regular and I still felt like c**p... I do mentally feel better when i eat healthy so I choose that route....GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Well, I hope to find out why I am suffering with all this next week. We think mine is gall bladder related. I just had surgery TWICE in the last 9 weeks for something unrelated, so the last thing I want is more surgery. BUT, I have been like this off and on for 2 or more years. GI doc says I am just constipated. I am not! He is just an ass! I live in a small town and some of our doctors are not that great! We will see. Meanwhile, I am scared to eat....

To Jim:

It sounds like you simply have a case of "post-infectious irritable bowel syndrome." It may sound stupid, but it's nothing to scoff at. Don't underestimate it. The virus may be out of your body, but the bowels continue to be sensitive and behave the way they did, when they were exposed to a foreign threat. I had a bacterial infection in my system, once, for a couple months, before realizing I had it and taking antibiotics. My post-infectious IBS lasted for at least SIX MONTHS! The key to getting better faster is addressing the source of the problem ASAP! Then, treat post-infectious IBS with a special diet that keeps the insides happy: well-cooked foods; daily fiber supplements; avoid mild products; take probiotics (I suggest 25 billion cpu); digestive enzymes; intestinal aloe (can find at a health food store); and LOTS of hot teas (like cammomille). This diet is what helped me build back up the strength of my intestines and get over "post-infectious IBS," faster! Good luck.

Oh, by the way, there are several other people on this page that I believe could benefit from my post. Remember: our intestines are muscles. Muscles have what's called "muscle memory." Once they get used to a pattern (like spasming due to diarrhea associated with an intestinal bug, nervousness, etc...), their natural tendency is to continue that pattern. There is simply no overnight, easy fix to curing post-infectious IBS, nor is there for traditional, daily IBS. It is a disorder you have to live with, but there are a lot of good products on the market that can help alleviate the symtoms. I would still suggest, however, that you eliminate as many variables as possible: crohns, IBD, malabsorption, celiac, etc. Some of these disorders have quite serious and unpleasant implications, if you try to live without diagnosing or treating them.

You have only ONE BODY. Take care of it. Keep a detailed, personal file about your intestinal health (as well as for the other systems in your body). Take the time and money to eliminate variables, so that you can come to a conclusion as to the best diet and products to use, every day.

Good luck!

Sarah

I have had these same symptoms for TWO YEARS! It is driving me crazy. my doctor told me I have IBS & GERD (acid reflux). I have cut out all spicy foods, all acidic food, and he prescribed Nexium. NOTHING WORKS! I can only eat cheese(just cheese, not on a sandwich!), saltines, and apples! Sounds crazy, but I have literally gone through every food to cut out, and these two are the only things I'm left with that don't mess up my stomach. I get bad burning pains in my upper stomach, major bloating & feel like I need to burp constantly, but when I do, acid comes up. It is so painful and miserable, and I dont know what else to do. Everyone keeps telling me to get tested for celiac disease, and I guess that's the only option at this point. So if you're feeling these symptoms, and nothing seems to work...go to a GI & get tested for everythingggg.

Well, it sounds like you do have reflux disease. I had the fundoplication surgery (wrap the bottom of esophagus with the top of stomach) 2 years ago. It took care of the acid burps and mini throw ups. Still have heartburn that is controlled. The surgery was very tough. I don't know how old you are. I was 52 when I had it. Age plays a big part on how fast you recover I have found.. I think mine is gall bladder. Anyway, I hope you feel better! I remember how I suffered for 27 years with all that.

Hi. I had the same problem for a year!! The gas would also hit me seconds after I ate.. I constantly burped!! If the burp didnt come up on its own, i forced it! Some days it would make me feel like i needed to vomit.. but nothing. just gas. It wasnt only annoying but very embarressing. I finally went to the dr.. I was thinking I just needed some extra strenght gasX... My gastroenterologist did an ultrasound on my gallbladder to see if I had stones...NOTHING. So, he put me on Nexium.....and that did NOTHING. 10 months later I went to another dr to see what he thought. He had a HIDA Scan done to see if my Gallbladder was functioning.. It was only functioning 20%..so i went to my surgeon to get the date for my surgery...But he wouldnt operate til I had done a Endoscopy and Colonoscopy.....and a CT Scan. So in two days I had all three tests ran.....not mentioning tons of blood work. All the tests came back normal. So, 5-13-10 I finally had my gallbladder taken out. I still have gas......but confused whether its the same as i used to have or if its cause of surgery. Hopefully it works for me..... Good Luck Everyone. God Bless

Good luck ! My doc wants to do that same test. With my luck it will be normal.

Hello all.. Well i wrote back in Dec 2009,and then again in Jan 2010..ALl I can tell u is my symtoms slowly disappears in March2010... No one can tell me what it was, but now i am semi normal and gained all the wieght back but feel great.. What a journey this was... i think the woman who wrote to me about a viral intestinal infection could have a good point becuase thinking back to all my gas, burbing, weird stomach feelings and etc you KNOW WHAT ??? Well my body WOUDL NEVER PASS GAS(FART).. those 3 months i had issues i notice i would never fart.. i would c**p once or twice a day but no gas would come out my rear end just out my mouth.. that had to mean something.., since i am semi normal now i fart all the time,,

ALICE MARIE wrote:

Ok, I've had all of the following symptoms severely for the last 2 years: gas, bloating, stomach cramps, acid reflux, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, weakness, lethargy, etc. I'm lactose intolerant and have tried to avoid wheat , pastries, bread, sugar, and all other "bad" types of food. I'm so confused because sometimes I get symptoms and sometimes I don't. I've been tested for celiac and the tests were negative and I don't have stomach ulcers. My doctor keeps telling me I have IBS - but that tells me absolutely nothing!! I'm still feeling horrible all the time and I eat super well (lots of veggies, fruit, fish, low fat meats, whole grains etc. and NO c**p) I crave sweets a lot and bread...oh, how I miss bread!!! I'm very active - I run, bike and do yoga and I have a healthy weight. I'm so confused with my diet....I feel I don't know what to eat anymore!!! My doctor also told me it had nothing to do with the food I eat, it's just my digestive system that doesn't work properly!!! HELP!

So I think I have found my twin, except my problems have persisted hitting on 4 years now. January 2006 had the stomach flu, went to the doctor and they treated it like a stomach flu. "stay on the BRAT diet and it should go away in a few days," they would say. BRAT meaning bananas, rice, apples, and toast; the four things that are great for someone who has the stomach flu. Well of course that helped and I was fine until I wasn't again. Back to the doctor with me and back to the BRAT diet once again. It was after a year in January 2007 that the doctor realized I had been coming to her with the same problem every other month or so with the same problem for a year. She then asked me about my diet, but other than that nothing else was done. We tried various pills and by September 2007, the first month of my freshman year of college I was diagnosed as lactose intolerant. GREAT! no more ice-cream for me! at least that solved the problem of the freshman 15. So at this point I am blaming all my embarrassing flatulence and belching on the dairy products that I am trying so very hard to avoid. After 4 years, you can bet that I have been very conscious about the food that I eat; the nutritious value, and whether or not it has any kind of dairy product in it. My mother became lactose and soy intolerant around the same time as me, my grandfather had intestinal cancer, and my grandmother had pancreatic cancer, so it is not exactly abnormal in my family. Not saying I have cancer, but I would like a freaking answer one of these days on what it is. I have been on and off with pain and bloating, gassiness, and so forth, but it has really bothered me in the past year or so. I went to Spain for a study abroad program and by the end of the trip I was seeing a gastroenterologist every other week. Great way to experience Spain. maybe I enjoyed the food too much, or it could have been the excessive amount of olive oil they use on their food, but what I did know was that I wasn't eating any dairy products and I was feeling worse with every type of food and on top of my usual problems, I had acid reflux (uugggghhh). The only time I felt fine was when I didn't eat at all. I get back from Spain and head back to college into my Senior year and I am hit with constant abdominal pain. I end up going to the doctor more than every month, maybe every 2 weeks. I get hit with severe vomiting, distended stomach, extreme bloating, NON stop gas and burping...it really affected my confidence and way of life. I have lost 10 pounds since this summer due to not wanting to eat as much because I am afraid that a simple fruit and especially two could set it off. I was told to keep a food diary and it seemed like every food was uncomfortable. I was then told to go on a gluten free diet and at the same time told to go on a yeast free diet because my mother had a yeast overgrowth which can cause similar problems to what I have been having including tiredness, loss of concentration, mood swings...everything being explained by gluten or yeast problems. But that didn't work either. I was sent to do a gallbladder ultrasound, and it came back normal. I was then sent to do an endoscopy where they did a biopsy of the lining of my stomach and small intestine and it came back normal. They gave me information on IBS and fiber products that might help and scheduled me for a HIDA scan - a scan in which they place a radioactive tracer in your bloodstream and take pictures with something like an X-ray that can track the tracer that will move from you gallbladder to your liver to your small intestine. This I am having tomorrow at 1pm. I was told to eat a fatty meal the night before and have nothing 12 hours before the exam. This fatty meal, fried chicken and fries is killing me. I have been passing gas for 5 hours non-stop and I am having abdominal pain in the upper right and lower left and right regions. If they do not tell me something tomorrow I will not know what else to do. I just want to be able to eat normally or at least know what is good for my problem. so for all you ladies or gents that have just started this process, be prepared. If you have been told to go on the BRAT diet more than once in the same year or continuously then tell your doctor to give you a dollar for every time you hear that and like me, after 4 years, you'll be rich. Tell them to go past the stomach flu idea and try something else. Maybe you are lactose intolerant, maybe you are gluten or yeast intolerant, maybe you are allergic to something else, who knows. the only way you are going to know is if you stay off these foods and see if it helps or have your doctor try out some pills on you, or schedule you for some exams. There are so many ways to get started on this. It's a pain in the ass, literally, after 4 years to have to deal with this and I haven't even graduated from college yet...next May 2011 (then it will be 5 years, let's hope they find a solution before I hit that mark). got any suggestions for me?

I'm getting the same symptoms (without the heart issues).

I've tried MANY things, including reflux meds etc

I now think it may be gallbladder issue combined with a stomach flora imbalance (I took a parasite killer - that did it's job well but kinda put in too much overtime) so I'll try a pill detox for it and I'll also supplement with some enzymes.

One thing that I do have to say is this: foot spa detox decreased my bloating A LOT (dropped 1 size and 1 kg). Overuse can however worsen the symptoms so...

Yeah I am getting quite sick of people just complaining and never offering answers, so I will try. BEFORE YOU BUY SOME LAME HEARTBURN CURE READ THIS AND GO EXPLORE OTHER OPTIONS. I have bought these "magic cures" and they are all the same. Some lame diet they make *they are not dieticians and if they are, they aren't good because they don't know YOUR case* and secondly, let me just spill the beans. Apple Cider Vinegar *which they say take straight, but is better mixing into food as it can irritate throats going down even diluted if you have severe GERD/ IF your case is hyperacidity, which is less rare than underacidity (ill get to that) it makes it worse* AND apples. That's what you pay 20 dollars for. Their promises of not ripping you off, of just paying their bills. It is nothing but BS. I have tried everything, bought everything, and nothing is a miracle on the internet.

Before I say anything, I have had terrible cases of GERD and LPRD and as a singer (it's how I pay my bills) and I am passionate about finding ways to control this condition.

Reflux happens because of many things. You need to understand WHY to correctly treat it. And everyone knows the acid leaking out of the faulty valve story and that is completely true, but we need to understand what OTHER causes make that happen. A valve just doesn't say "Peace out body I am sick of working". I have had a combination of many things go wrong, so I will help you any way I can. I only registered to make this one post so trolls, I don't care what you have to say. Take the information or leave it.

_____________
THE ISSUES
_____________

EMOTIONAL

Stress is the number one thing that aggravates this condition. I have some mental issues and stress plays an unwelcome part in my life. Stress makes the body tight and "pulled up". Stress effects the stomach a lot, *butterflies, getting nauseated when you're nervous*, for example, contributing to your acid issues because the body secretes HCL when it is under stress. Combine that with a tight stomach that's under pressure and the acid will shoot right up the faulty LES valve giving you heartburn. Then the kick in the face, when you feel symptoms you stress and go to forums and read peoples horror stories of never recovering and it makes it WORSE.
_

I suggest finding something to take your thoughts elsewhere. Be it pray, meditate, play video games, watch a movie, read a book, walk your dog. Anything that brings you peace. For me it is listening to music. Find what works.

PHYSICAL

HERNIA
I have a hernia. Any acid issues I have are made worse by my Hiatal Hernia. I will say this. DO NOT GET FUNDOPLICATION. I know many doctors both from the US and Canada as I travel a lot, and since it is my career I have seen many doctors about the issue and they all say the same thing. Fundoplication usually stops working and symptoms return even worse and your insides look like barbed wire. Youtube it and watch for yourself if you wanna see what they are doing. It isn't worth the risk.
-
Chiropractors can either adjust your back and loosen tension (you would be surprised the co-relation between stomach issues and middle/low back pain) or some (who have learned) can massage the hernia and push it back down. Diaphragmic breathing also aids in this.

TIGHT CLOTHING/WEIGHT

This goes without saying. "but my pants are below the stomach". Exactly. Push it back from the small intestine through the Ileocecal valve into the stomach and you've got even more problems. Same with being overweight. A lot of time there is a lot of feces in the intestines. It's like having a plugged drain really. This can also happen in people who are NOT overweight. Not picking on anyone. Just consider shedding the few pounds.
-
Hitting the gym *do not strain too much as this can aggravate heartburn. Light working out and excersise can get things flowing again. Wearing clothes that aren't at all tight again, helps this situation.

FAULTY LES / ILEOCECAL VALVE

Now, some peoples valves have been damaged. This gets VERY tricky. It's chicken and the egg with these two. If one is having issues, you're chances are high the other is as well. If you have had bad diet and eaten at bad and inconsistent times, eaten a lot of roughage foods (chips, hard snacks etc.) you may have irritated it and it can't close correctly. If it's sharp going in, it's sharp going down. Now, the problem is if your ileocecal valve isn't working properly, the bile that drains into the intestine is flowing back into your stomach. This is like the c**p coming back up the toilet. The food stagnates, creates more gas and acid and pressure in the stomach, forcing it upwards out the already faulty LES valve.
-
I suggest going to an Osteopathic doctor and having them see if your organs are where they should be position wise. I did this and it really helped my issues with my gall bladder. Anyone suffering from fear, or abandonment will more than likely have tension in their liver, gall bladder and their stomach. When you have them touching those organs, sometimes you will have wells of strange sad emotion. It really is not a coincidence. Now as for HEALING the valves? Artichoke oil is GREAT for the gall bladder. It will help if you have any stones. A few drops under the tongue and voila. Give it a few weeks and it will help a lot. Also, I have done this and it works, a TBSP of Olive Oil *COLD PRESSED* with half a lemon squeezed into a glass of cold water. Helps quell heartburn, oddly enough as it is oil, and flushes gall bladder. Now that SHOULD help with the Ileocecal valve. With the LES, I suggest DGL (licorice extract) with taking aloe vera juice and slippery elm. You need to rebuild the mucus membrane tissue in your stomach that has been destroyed. It is like putting a lining inside a hose. Squeeze a hose with no lining inside and squeeze one with lining. Which one would let less water out? Natural things don't work overnight but they treat root causes. You have some bad days on and off but overall health goes drastically up. Avoid roughage food and anything fried as this will aggravate it. Stay on fish, chicken, whole grain rice, fresh vegetables and fruit (not citric) for a month and let it heal. You may want to consider a juice fast for a week.

DIET

I can't stress this enough. Make a Journal and find what works for YOU. This is VERY IMPORTANT so READ CAREFULLY.
People 50 years ago didn't have this terrible acid issue. Some people did sure, but it was NOT as it is now. It is westernized FOODS doing this. One night we eat pizza, the next mexican, the next chinese....we have so much different c**p going in our body has a hard time finding the right ways to break it down. Some peoples digestion are machines, but that isn't you if you're reading this. We ingest fatty foods, fried GREASE....like it should be illegal what they put in food nowadays. I won't go to into this as we all read about diet as that's a big GERD issue and we all know what the DO and DO NOT eat list is.
-
Go ORGANIC and spend the money to have a good dietitian make you a meal plan and STICK TO IT. You can't be eating and drinking the list of foods you've read a million times, pizza, chocolate, coffee, etc. But it may be more than that. A RIDICULOUS amount of North Americans have Candida overgrowth. This causes indigestion, gas and heartburn as well as MANY other symptoms. Go and Google "Candida Overgrowth Symptoms" or take a test, you can find them on google. When ONE thing in the body goes out of wack, the rest of it does too. I STRONGLY suggest taking oil of oregano every day in a glass of water, as it is a STRONG anti fungal. Yogurt *PLAIN* also does the trick. Also, VITAL GREENS has done wonders for my issues, I suggest you check that out or take something like it. We put c**p in, we turn into c**p. We ARE WHAT WE EAT. In most of our cases, it's a 5 dollar happy meal. Every time you eat, three times a day, take ACIDOPHOLUS. It REALLY does work for aiding in digestion. Also, digestive enzymes (In Canada PRO HEALTH makes a good one....and in the states, TRADER JOES). These are made of papaya and help with carbs breaking down starches. For heavy meats like steak, HCL helps but be VERY careful guys. If you have hyperacidity this is a BAD thing to take. Take a PH test from the store and figure out what your body's PH is. Vital Greens can alkalize your body great or anything else green. Ask your doctor if you can have a stomach PH test. Not sure of the price in the states, Canadians it's free and it doesn't take too long to get in.

INFECTION

Some cases are caused by H. Pylori. It's a rather cheap test, or if you're covered, it's free and it tests your body for a parasite that can cause heartburn. There are many other parasites that hurt digestion. I suggest you talk to your doctor. MOST DOCTORS WANT YOU IN AND OUT FAST, at least they do in Canada as they don't have an incentive to make more money, so find one who cares and will LISTEN to you. If they cut you off, cut them out of your life.

______________________________________________________

ALL THAT BEING SAID, I must go into one last thing.

MEDICATION

I know most of you read horror stories, so here you go. This one has a good ending. It has to do with ANT ACIDS.

So it all started when I went on two rounds of antibiotics. I started getting heartburn after pizza. This is no doubt as it happened a few weeks after, and continued to this day, a result of loosing good bacteria in my stomach. I was not eating right anyway so it made my condition worse. I figured it was from singing every night 20 songs it was irritating my diaphragm as sometimes it can temporarily weaken it when you put too much strain on it. (It's hard not to when you're entertaining a lot of people...give me a break) And for a person without these problems it's not a big deal. But anyway, I then got a flu bug and had violent vomitting every 15 minutes for 8 hours as I sat in an emergency room...(thanks socialized medicine...maybe I won't go there) and as a result I strained my vegus nerve and gave myself a hiatal hernia. After this heartburn was frequent. After 2 months I had enough and mentioned it to my doctor. I didn't bother with any over the counter stuff as I knew it didn't really work as my grandmother had digestive issues her whole life. (whole other story). At this time, I didn't realize the danger of PPI class drugs. I was on them for two years people. 80 mg of nexxium a day. This makes your stomach alkaline. Now when there's no acid, candida grows and makes it worse. PPI class drugs are a crime to the people. They sustain the issue without fixing your problem. Then again...how else can Astra Zenica make cyclical profit....oh right, cylical demand. If we are always sick they are always making money. When was the last cure? Polio? What a beautiful business sickness is...Don't get me wrong if I get hit by a car take me to a surgeon, but no more GP visits unless I am dying.

So one day in December I decided to go to 20 mg of nexxium. Well I had no backlash of acid rebound. I was taking oregano oil every day and watching my diet. I never sang better in my life but on New Years, after a week of eating christmas candy, terrible fatty meals and oversized portions I started having issues. I became really stressed out and emotionally upset and stopped taking the oregano, stopped drinking enough water...I became recluse and the acid came back in force. I went back to my nexxium and went to the doc and got scoped...he said "small hiatus hernia" and he couldn't do anything else. So i lived with it and went back to California to get back to work. It was here, after having enough and having voice issues while recording a 250 thousand dollar debut record with grammy award winning producers, I was frustrated. Why did my symptoms stay no matter what I did? I got the vocals done, and it took much longer than it should have, but I was SO angry. Why with these drugs was this happening? Why did I sing best and have NO heartburn, NO irritation or pain on 20 mg? And it got WORSE on 80? Well I switched to 60 mg of Dexilant. No difference. *IT IS equivalent to 80 mg of nexxium*. So I got right off and went to 20 mg of Losec, trying to ween off. The first week was hell. I didn't care as I was done vocal tracking but boy I lost my voice completely, constant pain. Belching...you name it. But getting off the high drugs, I had solid bowel movements again...chest pains got less and less....hmm. I switched to 20 mg of Pantoprazole (i believe the sodium based is easier on my stomach than the magnesium drugs...different for all of us) and after a few weeks my belching slowed down....great bowel movements...I started seeing an osteopath who massaged and moved my organs back...A chiropractor who helped my back loosen up...I changed my diet and avoided sugar and wheat and anything that fed Candida...I took vital greens. I had a load of stress off being finished the record. I just relaxed in my home listening to vinly records sitting in my pajamas and decided to let my body do it's thing. Get mad at me, take it out on me, I deserved it for being so stupid really so I said basically "do what you need to do, I am going to beat this". I ate smaller meals and drank more water and took all my vitamins, enzymes, green drinks every day and the past two weeks I have had the majority of them singing back to normal. The point? The PPI drugs didn't make a difference. It was my DIET...it was my STRESS and EMOTIONS. It was so many things and the fact I had a hernia just made the acid easier to get out. So why do we take PPI? It's because rather than go in and fight the battle we would rather nuke the whole area and get an instant result. But what we don't realize is "nuking" the whole area with ant acids makes it a barren wasteland and kills everything. No acid means it can't fight of viruses that cause hernias and indigestion. It can't kill yeast that gives the heartburn. The issue most times is the acid is not doing a good enough job, and it keeps producing more acid and the pressure forces it out the valve which is irritated because of so much over acid eating away the mucus membranes leaving the delicate valve exposed. Once it becomes irritated it becomes inflamed and that's that. I am going to 10 mg in a week, then I am OFF PPI. This is a guy who if I used to miss a dose by an hour I would have BRUTAL heartburn. They say on the medication "do not take for more than 2 weeks". There is a reason for this. It causes osteoperosis (proven) and stomach cancers and when you don't produce acid you don't get the nutrients and the problems go on and on. All antacids do this. If you are SERIOUS about getting off, go look into this more for yourself all the things I said to you. NO ONE should be on this drug. If you are very elderly, and have been on these drugs for a long time then getting off may be much harder and may not be the best option as the body as it ages has a harder time bouncing back. But if you don't do this, the drugs WILL kill you.

Again trollers who see anything that's not exactly "textbook" about this post, go ahead and post, I didn't click to recieve notification when someone replies and I won't be coming back here. Just trying to share my story of having a GOOD experience getting off. There is light at the end of the tunnel my friends.

peace and love