I'm 21 year old male. Don't exercise often but have been trying to get back into it.
I decided to go for a walk today. My walk took me a lot father than I anticipated so I may have overdid it. I've walked further, though, a year ago and never had this problem, hence why I'm concerned now.
When I finally got back from my walk, I started to develop this really bad headache. It mostly seemed to be on the sides of my head right above my ears (I guess temple area?). This persisted after a while so I thought I should look it up, and saw mostly that people would blame it on dehydration. When I had my walk, however, I keep a bottle of water with me at all times (1L bottle) and would drink from it while walking, so I'm not really sure I can blame that. The headache has been going on for about 5 hours now but might be tapering off. I just took some Tylenol to help.
Does anyone else get this? Is it because I'm out of shape? Did I really overdo it? I just hope it's nothing serious. My blood pressure is usually anywhere between 110/60 and 130/80. I didn't have anything to check it this time around though. Thanks for any input.

Hello there Rob when you were on you walk did you drink any Water while on you walk also was it hot(weather) at all when you walked that distance?

I did drink water on my walk. It was fairly warm outside but it wasn't excruciatingly hot or anything.

the reason why i asked cause some times when we have not hydrated our selves properly then we do get a headache as it takes our blood flow a lot longer to get right around the body and it need to work a bit hard as well

how is you headache feeling now?

Make sure you drink water 8-16 ounces of water before you exercise. You want to be sure to start off hydrated. Then keep you water with you to continue drinking water while exercising. When you get home, drink some more. Let your body flush out the toxins in you. Also, did you have enough food? You could try having some fruit prior to exercising. And they say that whatever you eat (healthy of course!) within the first hour after finishing you exercise goes to muscle first. Try having a little bit of lean protein, chicken, fish, salad or light sandwich right after and a few carrots or fruit.

BeHealthy,
Renee'