Same with me. I feel it above my eyebrows. I felt it was sinus but it occurs before during n immediately after periods. I think this is harmones. I m 40.

I also suffer with this, it drives me crazy. Ive had so many tests and all normal but i know its related to my cycle as i get dizzy spells before a period and extreme dizziness for weeks after. Have you found any answers? I noticed this post was a year ago

Wow. I can totally relate. I am going through that right now. This is my second day of this headache and today is worse then yesterday. Since i had a period this has been my issue. I am 52 now and have not gone through menopause yet.. i am now sick on my stomach and i know this is a migraine. Can’t wait till tomorrow because it will most likely be gone. But I cant do anything. Now, a few days ago i was told that my vitaD levels were very/extreemly low. I was put on 800IU’s. I think i need to be on more after reading a few things on low vitaD. I deal with very bad bone aches all of a sudden. By hips hurt to sleep on them or sit or walk. This just started happening. I was getting shooting random pains in my muscles and shoulder. Tingling in my fingers and feet. Find out that could be from low vita d levels. I have adenoymosys since 2010 as well. Fibroids that I am trying to treat wholistically. I think that I am low in iron but no one ever tested me for it. I am going to start taking iron during my period as i have heavy ones often. I’m just tired of feeling sick all the time. I start to feel like a lady bumb when i can function because of headaches or back aches, or cramps etc.

What you said is VERY interesting. I am also a runner for over 25 years and I am very small and thin, 5.3 and 102 lbs. My period is quite light and ends in 3-4 days, and at the end, my headache starts. What's unusual is that I get very hungry as well and when I don't have time to eat straight away when I hungry, my headache gets worsened - hypoglycemic. Well, I will try to run when my headache starts next time.

I hear the similar story. Take aspirin, then eat salty potato chips(sodium) and Coke(caffeine) and watch a video in a dark room and fall asleep.

Hi Ladies,..
I have been going back & forth w the obgyn & neurologist. I dont have longvor heavy periods or cramps, but these headaches Ive been getting are debilitating me if I dont catch them. The last 2-4 days at a time, Ive been trying everything. The thing that sux is planning a vaca & have to think of when yr period is coming. I just read something about the end of the period headachs needing iron. My neuro put me on this injection that is a miracle cause I was vomiting my meds & nothing was touching my headaches. The injection works immediately. It looks like an EpiPen. I have an apt w her & Im guna have her check my iron, that makes so much sense. I was trying to sleep the headaches away, I was a runner & Im guna try that again too. This is no joke these migranes, I feel like Im dying when I get them & feel even worse for my partner. I think Im a burden & think they think great another headache.

Have you checked your B12 and Ferritin levels? I noticed that it’s been a year since you posted this. Have your symptoms improved?

Hi Dr. last few lines of the article I can understand estrogen dominance in premenstrual times brings dilation in blood vessel but I have been having post menstrual migraine exactly on 6th day of my period every month for the past one year and lasts upto 2 days accompanied with neck stiffness and vomiting. Is this too Estrogen or Progesterone dominance. please help?

Hi Dr Selena, happened to read your post, any improvements on the post period migraine because I am also suffering for the past one year severe headache after my periods. please reply. Good luck.

Did youbever get any answer, I'm 43 and the last 3 months I've gotten migraines on and off all month but once I get my period I feel great, once its gone it comes back... I get the sinus headache and back of the head , dizziness on and off.. I have had vertigo which this could be but I can't take the headache, blood work said I was fine, anyway have you found relief..

Experiencing the same for last three months. Research shows iit may not be related to estrogen. It may be related to low iron levels. I’m going to give iron supplements a shot next round and see!

You should try adding challated iron with citrus as that helps with the absorption. Also try cutting back on dairy and going plant based or as close to raw vegan as possible for the fibroids. The dairy can cause more problems and even in some people do consume it, it can cause headaches as well. So if you do have it try not to have it much and try to only have it the week after your menstruation. It is best if you cut it out completely though. Use plant based milk such as almond milk or nut mills which also have a good amount of vitamin d in it.

If you can go to a raw vegan diet that will be most beneficial for the fibroids along with alkalizing the body and doing a detox cleanse using alkaline foods such as limes although lemons and garlic can be helpful in shorter spans in killing off the fibroids. Try to cut out alcohol if you drink as well because it is made of sugar and could help to feed the fibroids. Try cutting out excessive sugar as well and using natural sugars such as using fruit for a sugar fix.

If you live in an area where Marijuana is legal, there was a study done in Spain where it helped with uterine fibroids also in places like California there have been people who take a drop of cannabis oil before bed and upon going back to doctors for check ups the fibroids became necrotic and were in various stages of death showing the cannabis oil was helpful in reversing some of the fibroids. That may be an option as well depending on where you live.

Hope this helps you out a bit, and if you want you can look up the study in Spain online and also find information on other sites like YouTube for fibroids.

Usually it is a shard drop in estrogen so that would mean it is progesterone dominance.
Before you look at changing hormones you should get checked for Ferritin leaves as it could be insufficient iron (iron deficiency anemia). That can be treated with challated iron tablets and citrus like orange juice or lemonade etc. also both the hormones and Irvin can be changed with diet.

You should check your ferritin Levels as well. The headaches could be caused by insufficient iron or iron deficiency anemia. If that is the cause of them then taking challated iron with citrus can help as well as getting in more greens, wheatgrass can be beneficial too, take it with citrus as it helps the body to absorb it.

Also if the headaches are caused by a sharp drop in estrogen then you could try the birth control pills or you could try to change it with diet. Foods such as chicken have higher amounts of estrogen if you eat meat, if you are plant based you could try non-gmo organic soy products as soy is known to be a phytoestrogen meaning it mimics estrogen in the body which may be helpful if taken 1-2 weeks prior to menstruation or when the headaches come. You have to be careful with the soy you take in as some can be harmful from how it is cultivated. So have organic non-gmo soy products such as tofu or soybeans even soy milk if a good source can possibly be helpful without having to take hormones constantly. The soy products may be just enough for that time period when the headaches are coming. You can speak with a doctor or nutritionist about it as well.

Just know if you stop doing things diet related that are helpful then the headaches will come back.

_removed_