Hello. So, I moved with my boyfriend, so his dog, Boo, is now mine concern as well :) I don’t mind it, because he is really adorable. We are trying to feed him right, so we think that raw food and canned food is really good for this. Correct me if I am wrong, because I really don’t have so much experience in this. I know some things because I read all the time :) But, I want to know do you know any canned dog food treats recipes? Something that I can make? It would be really nice, because I think that this is really healthy for his dog :)

Hey there. It is a good choice, it is something that you can’t make a mistake with :) Homemade recipes and treats are always a good choice for your dog. I make a lot of it, almost every day, and I have a lot of recipes. Here is one, that my dog really love. In a blender ad two cups of dry good and grind them into a powder. Pour this powder into a mixing bowl and put ¼ cups of water and stirring until it forms and until it has consistency. Shape into cookies and flat this using the back of the spoon. Bake this in the oven at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.

You can leave it for five days, treats will be better. 

I really salute the idea of preparing treats for your dog, good for you :) It is a wondeful way to do something nice for your dog and it can be fun! Plus, you can control what your dog will eat, and put there trusted ingredients, for which you know are healthy and your pet loves them, instead of buying them in shops.So, here is one basic recipe which doesn't take you too much time and it's delicious for them. Cut some pieces of meat, potatoes, some vegetables you have, (just don't onions) and maybe some fruits,  and put it in oven on 200 degrees until it dries.

My wonderful wife decided to make treats for our dogs every Friday. She likes to call it “who let the dogs out Friday”. Silly, if you ask me, but she’s so happy preparing them treats so I just approve anything. Sometimes even pay for canned food she’s using.

Joke aside; it’s great that you want to make your dog a treat as they love it so much. If you don’t know it yet, you will be surprised tremendously.

One of my wife’s recipes is as following:

1 can of canned food (13.2 oz)  - she is using grain-free food

2 cups of white flour (you can use gluten-free flour if your dog is gluten intolerant)

1 egg and 1 tsp of baking powder

Preheat oven to 180 degrees and just mix all ingredients together. You can mix them with mixer, fork or even hands. Place it in oven for 20 minutes and then put in the fridge.

Hello there. It is really amazing idea to prepare dog treats. It is really good and I support this idea. I make treats for my dog sometimes, when I have a lot of time. But, they are actually really yummy. Here is one, that I personally just adore to prepare. You need two oz can of dog food and one cup of chopped carrots, apples, meat, poultry or seafood. For preparation you need 10 minutes, for cook time you need 40 minutes. So, drop teaspoon of canned dog food on parchment paper. Sprinkle with toppings and bake in 350 degree in the oven for 40 minutes, until it is crispy. Let them in the fridge over the night. 

I am making treats for my dog almost every day. We both like treats. :D I have a bunch of recipes (some of them I made myself ) and I would like to share some with you.

This one is really simple and the best thing about it that you can use regular canned dog food.

You will need: canned dog food, vegetable oil, baking powder, flour, egg and cooked vegetables. Put all of these in blender and blend until  it gets homogenized.

Put the mixture in the preheated oven   (pieced in funny shapes). Bake it for about half an hour and your dog’s treat is ready. :) 

@Rubylock Can I try eating this treat? :)). Just kidding. I think my Lab would adore your cookies. I will make them for him one of these days.
I also have one recipe that I’d like to share with you guys. Ingredients needed:
- Canned dog food (you can use almost every kind but I prefer some pate style)
- Canned pumpkin (you can find them in bigger pet shops)
- Package of some dog cookies from pet shops
Mix together the first two ingredients to form a paste like mixture. Coat every cookie with this “pasta” you made and press them together to make the sandwiches. You can serve it immediately or you can chill them for about an hour in the fridge.

I am a passionate dog lover and I would like to recommend everyone to try these treats, to make them for their dogs. It is really healthy and I am sure that every dog would be really thankful for this. I know from my own experience, because when my dog sees me making these cookies, he is jumping around the house. They are delicious, I want to try them once as well :) lol.

But, I am kind of bored with this recipe, and I want to try something else.

Do you know more recipes to share with us?

Tnx a lot! 

Here is a recipe. I made this one myself. You will need two cups of canned food, 2 or three carrots, some oil (I prefer olive oil, but you can use any alternative if your dog doesn’t like it or has problems digesting it), one or two eggs and you can add some salt or any spices your dog likes to eat.

First cook the carrots until they are so soft that they are almost falling apart. When they’re cooked, put  them in a blender. Mix olive oil (or the one you’ve chosen) with one or two eggs, mix it well and then add that to the blender. Finally add two cups of canned food and add some spices (optional).  Blend it all well and it’s done.

Who would tell that you guys love your dogs so much? It gives me a great pleasure to just read your posts and discover how you care for your dogs, just like I take care of my corgi. He also gets homemade treats, and I think that I will stole a recipe or two from this thread. J

Just a friendly reminder to the all dog owners - do not overdo with treats. Even though you use canned foods mixed with fruits, vegetables or whatever, you still give your dog more calories than usual, so you need to keep a balance.

You really don’t want a lazy and fat dog, don’t you?