My daughter has one friend, who is nice girl. Anyway, since my daughter likes to visit her I am a little bit worried, because her mother told me she has body lice. I am sure they will do all to stop it, but until then I wonder if my daughter should not visit her. Can you tell me more about body lice? How should I treat my daughter if I notice that on her skin?

Pediculus humanus or the body-clothing louse is a blood sucking species of lice that can live between the skin and clothing. This host is thought to have evolved from head lice, Pediculus capitis, but migrated to the body in association with the wearing of clothes. Body lice are small-flattened insects with a slightly elongated lobed abdomen, a distinct head, small eyes, a pair of short antennae and six legs. Each of these stout claws has a small thumb-like spine for grasping, enabling the body lice to move quickly around the clothes. Adult lice are two to four mm in length, grey in color, but redden after blood feeding. The mouthparts are tube-like, armed with minute teeth and sharp sty lets for piercing the skin. Regular changing and laundering of clothes, especially underwear, will control lice. Using a hot water wash on clothes, followed by ironing will ensure all lice have been killed. An increased level of personal hygiene with regular bathing or showering is essential for controlling body lice. Dry cleaning or tumble drying affected items at >60oC for 15 minutes is another method of effectively killing body lice and their eggs.

Check out this video, it's perfect for anyone looking for Head Lice info, answers or remedies. I think you'll find it helpful.

dadlabs.com/health_and_safety/lice.html