I am a 35-year-old female who have ben having similar symptoms for about 3 years now.  I tried massage, chiropractic, and went to a heart doctor (who ended up re-diagnosing me with MVP (mitral valve prolapse) which I had since birth, so that was not what caused my symptoms).  I do not have medical insurance, so I cannot really go doctor-shopping, but from reading a lot on the internet and from watching my symptoms carefully I am pretty sure it has to do with acid reflux/GERD/heartburn.  I noticed that I have worse symptoms when I have coffee in the morning, and that I have worse symptoms when I eat late the night before or I eat fatty foods.  My symptoms are: pain by left shoulder blade, chest tightness, and tingling in my left hand and elbow.  Those are not constant symptoms, but I do get them frequently.  I gained approximately 40 pounds in the past three-four years, and I am now certain that the issue stems from weight gain as well as food that I ate.  I suggest that you first make sure that what you have is related to digestive system vs. heart issues, and then make dietary and exercise changes to your every day life.  If you google "GERD foods" you should be able to find a list of foods that exacerbates GERD/heartburn (including tomatoes, which is a total bummer as I love tomatoes).  Just follow that, and make sure you are within the weight range for your height/build.  Good luck :-)  I am doing the same, so don't feel alone ;-)

The tingerly feeling in the arms can be from sinus presuer aswell .. Airflow that is stuck . Do u pehaps have an sinus pwblem ?

Don't worry I been with protonix for a 1 month the sensation is away by little I use extra dry skin cream and pure aloe vera gel be side I'm taking complex b vitamins and iron and it help very much.

Hello Gerald,

I am also feeling same pain. Ring Finger of left hand, Ring finger of left leg. It is causing pain in elbow joints and heart. One year I visited Physician and was given some painkiller. Pain stopped for a week and then again started. Then I visited another doctor who diagnoses problem in elbow and suggested that I need to for elbow surgery if pain continues. Meanwhile he also suggested to see cardiologist when if I feel pain and uneasiness. As I am working in IT Support and since my offices are in different floors I have run down among the offices. I usually take lift but one fine day due to emergency in office took route of stairs. After some time I started feeling sensation in left hand ring finger running through chest to leg ring finger and felt uneasiness. My colleagues took me to cardiologist and had ECG. Doctor said everything is fine. Prescribed some medicine for a week and I was fine for some time. After a month again pain started so after reading the cause in internet I visited to Neurologist. I am still taking medicine given by him. after taking medicine. I feel fine for some time but again pain starts.
I am planning to go for stress test. Even after a year I am still struggling with pain and not able to find right treatment. Did you find right treatment for this. If yes kindly help me. Anyone who has experience this kind of pain kindly help me.

came across this thread and i want to thank all those who shared, truly informative.

i had experienced this especially at night. it was so painful that i had to take antacid everytime. felt like i just downed a gallon of acid

does this happen often? i just hope this is nothing serious. better check with your doctor.

Please explain more. I have been having left finger pain, tingling sensation, numbness and weakness in left hand, excessive burping and gases, and tiredness since many years now (3-4 years). I tried hospitals and exercises, but in vein. There is nothing absolutely wrong with my body but my eating and drinking habits were little bad so tried quitting that too, but of no use. Now I am going to reduce my weight to a significant level. Will keep posted.
Did your situation get over? Are you absolutely fine now?

had these symptoms minus the pain, add shortness of breath and fatigue and dizziness only when my stomach bloats. all kinds of tests done and all the doctors think its not that bad to live with. and acts like I am crazy! well its been 5 years and happenes more than twice a day and my fingers are staying numb in both hands I cant consintrate its keeping me from having a normal life must be anxiety and gerd self diagnosis ...I often think that something in my gut swells and hits a nerve is what my body tells me .I am sorry for the bad spelling hang in there

I have same symtoms. I get sharp left side chest pain, palm sweats and left elbo and left shoulder hurts. Some times pain spread in the entire chest. It burns a lot in chest and burps come. Laying time pain gets worst! Only feels good is fresh air under the tree in a park and drinking water and keeping  and staying myself very low.  I have this problem now week. It comes and goes. The best thing I do is play music, keep myself away from stress causing stuffs and stay very low.

Some food can cause or stress or some virus/bacteria, or all togather because how come many people feel same symtoms.

I had same problem 20 years ago and heard a lot of people had the same problem that time. I went through all the tests, everything was normal.  I kind of took everything very calm and easy and it went away.

what natural cure are u doing

i have kept up with this topic thru the years becuase i'm having the same symptoms and like many of you all, i've been thru all heart test imaginable and nothing has been found. well this past summer, i was riding with my sister and friend and we stopped for gas. prior to this day, as well as this day, i'd been feeling weird, numbness and tingling pains in jaw in neck, shortness of breath feeling like i have to remind myself to breath cold and then hot well at the gas station i got this heavy feeling like something was crushing my chest and what did i do...i paniced, instantly i felt like all these yrs of having these sympthoms and here is the heart attack...my sis rushed me to the er only to spend days in the hospital because nothing was found. i went thru testing after testing, test that i've taken many times and nothing was ever found. they said i was having an anxiety attack and released me from the hospital. 

any news? how did it go?

is the pain on the letf side leg around the upper thigh and mid?and is it a burning sharp pain? cause thats what i get :(

all my pains start out on the left side. mainly in the top of the left arm. it goes numb. but the pain begins to move thru my body. i've had many many test and nothing is ever found.