Hi

I have had an echocardiogram and everything there was fine. It is a year since I had my most major episode and I think I have seen every consultant possible, they are now looking at nerve damage to my autonomic nerve system due to a hormone imbalance. I was able to to tell them that certain other symptoms were affected by changes in my hormones. It has also been suggested that I am hypersensitive. I hear and smell things that others can't. I have heard a mouse running on carpet and no one else heard it, I smelled a gas leak that no one else could smell but it smelt bad to me, and the engineer said I was right but that it barely registered on his equipment!
Having read about about how hormone imbalances can affect the autonomic nerves and how this can affect, heart rate, breathing, digestive system and the knock on affects of this now make me suspect that this may be something that more people on this site (especially those where heart issues have been ruled out) should start to read upon and ask for further investigation.
It is a year since this most recent episode started for me and I was so ill then that I could hardly walk, stand, I was in so much pain, eating was difficult, but at times I felt so ravenous that if I didn't have food I would be sick. The pain and symptoms would change and vary although the sternum and sharp chest pain were there most of the time.

I was extremely fit and healthy had an excellent diet. I had always been about 7lbs overwirght and worked with a personal trainer to try to lose this. I was never able and he was confused as the level of exercise I had increased to at times should have meant that it did go. He joked at that time that either I had a hormone imbalance or that I was secretly eating chocolate. Since being ill even though I was eating all sorts and more than I had done and doing no exercise the weight kept falling off. I struggled to keep it on. It has now started to go up. I am increasing my exercise.

I have found that sticking to a low carb diet with lots of fresh fish, chicken and meat and vegetables is better. If Iintroduce any bread, rice, pasta or lots of fruit the pain worsens. I cook with garlic herbs and ocassionally some fresh cream in a sauce. A cup of milky coffee or one with a spot of cream is good, tea tends to make me nauseus. Water I sip as drinking lots at one time makes me feel sick.

I am taking omega 3 & 6, a multi vitamin and extra Vit c during the winter. I am much better than I was a year ago but I am still far from right, still get very tired and it has defniately affected my sight and ability to focus and concentrate on tasks.

I hope this may be useful to some of you. I know how bad it is but hang in there and stay positive, if it is nerve damage if you live a healthy life style they will repair but it can take a long time.

BW

I have had lots of these symptoms for many years:

Whole ribcage feeling sore a lot, aching, and tight

Feeling very dizzy and weak all day, unsteady on feet

Anxious

Eyes seemed to be wandering, not able to focus on one point

Chest pains

Tightness in throat

Tingling in left foot

Feeling like the floor was moving

Aching legs

Sore feet

Weak arms and shoulders

Exhausted

Feeling unreal

Dizziness worse when turning head, seems movement related somehow, when changing direction quickly

Sore eyes

Stomach making noises at night

Wind

Cold feeling in teeth, throat and down into my lungs, as though breathing really cold air

A tightness that seems to go from under my tongue all the way down to my stomach

Very tired, eyes always sore and puffy, difficulty getting up in the morning

Whole rib cage feels sore and tight sometimes for days. Went to hospital with this and was kept in overnight, they told me it was muscular, but it still happens

For a period of about 2 months I had sore glands in my neck, inside elbow joints, groin, back of knees, ankles/top of feet. My neck and inside of elbows were also itchy. Skin on my neck very dry. The glands on my arms looked bruised at one point.

My usual day can consist of:

Afternoon, feeling very tired. Slightly breathless and a weak feeling in arms, shoulders, across chest. Hands feeling very cold, feeling weak, spaced out, unreal

In bed before getting up, ribcage aching feeling tight especially around my back and shoulderblades, throat and underneath tongue aching

During the morning getting headaches, feeling dizzy, head throbbing like there was pressure

Started getting pain in my lower rib cage at the front just before leaving work, felt sore and tight, then seemed to be burping a lot

Didn’t sleep well, was waking from about 3am maybe from snoring or not breathing properly

Felt really tired in the morning

In the afternoon was feeling a little breathless and like I needed to swallow, kind of like the feeling I had trapped wind and needed to burp. Pressure feeling in chest just to the right of centre. Feeling panicky and dizzy

woke up and ribs were sore. Sore all morning, worse when walking around. Shoulders aching, burning in throat. Legs and soles of feet aching. Went for a bike ride at night. Feeling a little ill for part of it, weak and dizzy. Skin felt tingly when I got back home. Made tea and after eating my tongue and throat right down to my stomach was burning. Feeling really dizzy on moving, felt better when sitting still.

During this time I have had lots of heart tests, almost everything apart from an angiogram. I have also seen ENT specialists and neurologists

I still feel like this and don't seem to be getting any better

Hope someone has some answers soon. Its destroying my life

i know exactly what you mean about it destroying your life. i'm only 32 and it's now constantly on my mind. esp death. no matter how many times i'm told that i'm fine, i think about death. i feel that my doctors are not taking me serious but we all know that it's real.

right now i've got the tiredness and numbness in my arms, pain across my back, my neck, in the bottom of my jaw. heavyness in my chest. just in general all the sympthoms i always have, which i don't feel like retyping anymore. i'm still awaiting my results on my echocardigram. every other test turned out to be normal............

I read this post last Monday with similar symptoms to many described here.  I was having chest pain, odd feeling in my arms, burping, etc.  Bad but not what would expect from a heart attack.

I convinced myself, by reading these comments, that I was not having a heart attack.  I was wrong.

From what I hear now, those having these/similar symptoms USUALLY ARE having a heart attack.  Some are lucky enough to have these issues and not have a heart attack. 

But don't make the mistake I did.  Assume that you are and seek help immediately!  Apparently you not only have a better chance of survival, but the treatment may be much easier and more successful if you get help early.

Your last statement concerns me. I was just told that I have had a t least two heart attacks and thought they were heartburn. Your doctor is "dead" wrong. I read this post while I was having a heart attack last week and convinced myself that it was heartburn. WRONG!

woke up this morning to go to the bathroom, I managed to wobble my way to the door, but felt so dizzy I just got back in bed

tried again about 10 mins later and this time managed the bathroom but felt awful, was holding on the things to steady myself

also had a weird feeling on the right side of my head, like it was full of cotton wool kind of from the side of my eye around to the back

I am finally up and managed a shower etc, but now I have really bad pain in my right hip and leg, like a trapped nerve or something

Still a bit dizzy but not too bad

anybody else get these symptoms?

i went to the er while having these sympthoms and they sent me home saying my EKG and blood work was ok......

i've been to the er while having these sympthoms but they sent me home telling me that my blood work and EKG were fine......

Two things that some of you may be interested in reading up on is Gall Bladder dysfunction and inflammation, this does not necessarily show up on ultrasounds and/or CT scans you need a functionality test I think it is called a CCK Scan/test. Inflammation and irritation of the gallbladder causes many of the symptoms. Gallbladder and many other symptoms can be caused also by Oestrogen Dominance both in men and woman and this is another topic I suggest that those of you looking for answers take a look at. I have always maintained that my problems are hormone imbalance related and after reading these I am off back to my consultants to ask them to check these more closely. I feel that each time I am seriously ill it takes months for them to do all the routine "eliminators" that to be quite honest they really miss so much, a key question in eliminating gall bladder dysfunction is to ask a patient about the colour of their poo and guess what I have never been asked that by any of them. They have asked about consistency and frequency but never colour!!!

If these even helps one other person then all my reading will not be in vain.

Thinking of you all

Love tiger lily

i've had my gallbladder removed already and still have the sympthoms............

Most definitely ladies and gentleman I am told these symptoms that we are all experiencing is indeed gerd (acid reflux) I was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and given nexium to take to help, well to say the least the nexium doesn't help and when this stuff starts I basically have anxiety attacks from them and the pain in the arm with the tightness in the Chest along with numbness in the face all start, I too have had blood work done, x rays, multiple EKG's all come back normal even and ultrasound on my heart and all Is working well, I guess we all are dealing with acid reflux and it is making us have anxiety attacks some more severe than others, talk to your sox and see if they may put you on something like lexapro along with Ativan , I just started these meds and they have seemed to help some so far, I'm also 34, and in relatively good health and a non smoker, hopefully we all will get better sooner than later

I have had these symptoms on and off for about 9 months I think a lot of it is stress related.last summer a doctor told me there was nothing medically wrong with me and literally the moment he said it my symptoms stopped for  some months. . . . I am under a lot of stress well I tend to internalize the stress in my life and about an hour ago I thought I was about to die chest pains, light headed burping etc. . . I then ate lunch and found this thread and now I feel fine and am not burping at all! . . . . . I keep very fit in good shape and eat well most of the time apart from a treat now and then. .  I am pretty sure my underlying stressy nature contributes to this and I had a bout of panic attacks a few years ago which I overcame myself. . . . it is very frustrating especially when I am constantly burping I try to avoid medication which I think masks the issue in many ways. I don't get actual heart burn just burping and a sharpish pain now and then. . .  I think it is likely NERD that I have. .  I  am thinking of taking up yoga for the relaxation it teaches and maybe that will help

well well well omg u also having same.....:-( ...acidity prob ...scary pain  .....m feeling dis nw datsy i came here 

Update time! It's been at least 4 months since I last posted. I had an upper endoscopy and it came back normal. My GI took a biopsy and that came back with mild reflux. Between GI appointments I have seen my PCP who ran a blood test which included pancreatic enzymes as well as a full spinal X-ray and chest X-ray (at least 20 different X-rays). The results? The blood work was normal but shows elevated liver enzymes. The X-rays all normal except neck X-ray shows signs of muscle spasms. After being on Prilosec and A muscle relaxer for a month I still periodically get the pain so I went back to GI and discussed my symptoms again. He said there might be a gall stone in my bilary duct The elevated liver enzymes is wha tipped him off and the fact I had my gall bladder removed at the age of 26. GI has orderd an MRCP (basically an MRI of the abdomen to check for a stone). My PCP wants to follow up with the neck and has ordered an MRI of my neck and additional bloodwork. I have not yet scheduled the appointments but I will update again with my results! I hope everyone is doing well. And remember if you are reading this and have not had your heart checked, get it checked ASAP. Your #1 concern should be your heart. I personally have 3 ER doctors, 3 primary care physicians, 2 cardiologists and a gastroenterologist assuring me this is not heart related. Of course there is the possibility they could be wrong, but I trust their judgement.

Thanks ! A million I to suffer with gerds an your comment helped . I've had and ekg done because it was starting to worry me all the time . It came back fine just gerds they said . With gerds I find it's better to sit up an sleep then lying down.