Hey. As some of you already know, I have a large breed dog and even though he is not my only pet, I feel much more attached to him than to my other pets. I guess that has something to do with his character and also with the fact that I found him on the street all alone and he probably wouldn’t make it without me.

I take good care of him. Recently I bought him some chew toys and my friend told me that that might be a bad idea.

I don’t know why. Is it ok if I give chew toys to my large breed dog?

I don’t see how can that be a bad idea.

What difference does it make whether it is a large breed or a small breed dog? Every dog likes chew toys.

Unless, you bought some chew toy that is too small and seeing it, she told you that it may not be a good idea to give him that cause he might swallow it.

It is completely ok to buy chew toys for your large dog, but make sure those chew toys you buy are appropriate to his size.

Many brands produce chew toys for large breeds, just check for the size before you buy it.

Hello. Of course. Large dogs also deserve to have their chew toys. It is always a good idea. It is totally OK. You should never be afraid of it for some reasons. My dog is large breed dog, and he is older now. But he still has his loved chew toy for so many years. Chew toys are not just good to prevent your dog to chew everything in your home. They are also very good for oral health, dental health and for your dog teeth. So I would give my dog chew toy always. They are good and proved.

Hey there :)

I could not agree more with you Dog Whisperer. Chewing toys are very good choice always but you need to find the right toy for your dog.

That means that you need to read the labels.

Dogs love to chew all the time and that is normal process.

A few days ago my friend asked me is it ok for her to buy her dog chew toy because he is large.

I said that this is totally OK  but that she needs to buy bigger toy for her dog and some toy that he can’t destroy that quick.

You should do the same :)

Hey Mia,

I'll agree with everybody else on this one, you should give your dog a chew toy regardless of his breed. 

The only thing that you need to do when buying a chew toy is to check its size, as they already wrote above. Other than that, you don't have to look for anything special.

It's a good thing because if your dog is bored, he can always entertain himself using his chew toy (pretty easy for them to find fun, huh). And it is also good for his teeth and his dental health so that makes quite a good combination.

Hello everyone. I am a new dog owner as well. I have Dalmatian dog and he is a little bit aggressive now. He is three months old and he is getting bigger and bigger every day :) I never gave him chew toy, and three days ago my vet told me that I should. I bought a few of them and he choose the one that he likes :) He is very playful now and he is aggressive to those toys :) lol
So I know that it is a good idea to give your dog chew toys :) They are helpful and good for every dog’s breed.

Well, I believe that I can’t add nothing more than other people told in here :) Yes, I am definitely for chew toys for every dog breed, not just for large breeds or small breeds. I had “ugly” experience with my dog. One day he ate almost everything that was on his way.

He even started to chew my lovely purse and that purse was a gift from my mom for my 18th birthday.

I was so mad at him but soon I realized that this is my mistake as well. So I decide to buy chew toy for him and this was the best thing I have ever did.

Hey Mia,

Like everybody already told you, yes, you can and you should give your dog a chew toy regardless of his breed. Just pay attention to finding the right size of the toy for him.

They like chewing on stuff, especially when they are younger. My dog chewed up my favorite shoes when he was younger. It was actually hilarious seeing him do it, I wasn't even mad or anything. But then I decided to get him a chew toy. I found a good one for just ten bucks, indestructible something, I don't remember the name of it, but he has it even today.