i'm Epileptic and have been medicated on Lamictal since 1997 all the way up till now and have started smoking weed last year. It doesn't do anything wrong...actually, from my experience with smoking weed it helps me relax more "in my experience" just don't smoke too soon after taking medication, it made me throw up. "But" nothing bad happened.

Dear CAW, sorry for the late reply. I have been taking lamictal for Five years this December. I have been smoking marijuana for over seven years, but daily for the last four. Much to my surprise I have had very few or no drug interactions. I smoke between 1 and 3 grams daily and it actually seems to curtail some of the common Lamictal symptoms like insomnia and rage. I was way over prescribed to 600 mg daily for my epilepsy. I have successfully titrated to 150 mg daily without any issues using marijuana to ease the withdrawal. I do not like or approve of Lamicatal , which I consider to be a dangerous and unjust drug. Lucky for me marijuana has made the whole process easier. As I am sure you have realized by now Marijuana may just be the perfect aid for an otherwise unpleasant drug. I hope this helps anyone interested in the Lamictal/Marijuana effect.

ps. drinking is dangerous with Lamictal yes, but I would be lying if I said I haven't had a couple drinks with friends during my time on the drug, and I am just fine. Be careful, and love life.

Sincerely,
Benton M. Babin

is it making you feel dumber and confused? thats what it does to me i take lamictal for my depersonalization and auditory processing disorder

I've tried smoking while taking lamictal. It's next to impossible for me to get high, and if i do ot's just extremely uncomfortable. 

i have been taking lamictal for some time now and have had 3 bouts of a very bad overdose. i forgot that i took my lamictal and took it again with severe effects. i could hardly walk with severe confusion. the effects were so bad my husband thought he should take me to the hospitol.

i forgot that i took my lamictal but in fact i did and then i took again. i had been smoking marijuana. the effect's were very alarming to the point that my husband thought he should take me to the hospitol.i couldn't walk and effects so scary.

I can't get high off vaporizing. Tried it plenty of times, all I did was waste weed.

Well you posted this a year ago and probably won't see this but I'm just doing some research. (again) I recently started to smoke pot mostly just weekends yeah it's weird but whatever but it's because I am a student in high school I guess that's an excuse. (sometimes cigarettes too) I also take lexapro, adderall and lamictal, yeah it's probably not a very good idea but when I smoke Marjuana my heart rate does increase and if I focus on it it tends to get worse and it seems like I get a panic attack, though if I don't focus on it sometimes it doesnt really bother me . And a blunt is enough to get me high, even the time a day seems too effect my body and thoughts. Smoking during the day is a lot better for me and I enjoy my high. I think sometimes that it depends on the type whether it's sativa, indica,or hybrid. I'm no doctor but Either way I have many hypothesis on how smoking pot effects my body . maybe its the type of weed, how much I inhale, my environment, or just my state of mind.

I have bi 2.I take lamotraigine to come of weed. Works really well. I find carbamazian (sorry about spelling) is far more effective for my bi polar though.

I'm calling my psychiatrist tomorrow and tell her I want off all the drugs. I haven't seen much of a difference, she knew me for less than an hour before diagnosing me with bipolar, if anything it's EVOKING

Did you get off the medications? Lamotrigin seems to help me a lot with my paranoia. Anyways what happened now a year from your post?

Were you really tired afterwards? Or did you see things?

You don't have to be with someone for long to realize if someone is bipolar. I was diagnosed the same with bipolar 2 within ten minutes and after six months of battling and after multiple occasions where I was honest with myself I finally saw it. I too was a huge pothead before, self medicating myself but once I started treatment I immediately no longer neeeded marijuana. And if you're trying to sort yourself out to be able to smoke marijuana happily, your priorities are not set straight. Your memories and experiences naturally should be of people and activities not based on being able to smoke a drug happily.

I have been taking lamictal 200mg along with concerta 72mg for bipolar and ADHD. I have noticed that when I have more than 5-7mg of THC I begin to gently convulse. It's not violent in the least, like I'm just smoothly moving my limbs back and forth and I've taken videos to make sure I'm not imagining it. I'm guessing this is a drug interaction between the weed and the lamictal bc I know if you don't have a high dose of CBD to counteract all the THC, you could get convulsions or seizures because lamictal is also used for epilepsy. So if you do decide to mix weed and lamictal, make sure you start with a strain that is high in CBD and lower in THC. The CBD will also help to stabilize your mood.

It's not a subconscious form of escape, it's a conscious one. And don't lump people into your assumptions by saying "we"... but otherwise informative. Thanks

Dr increased my lamictal to 300 4 weeks ago so you know it's where it should be. In the morning I smoke weed and past 2 days I had to lay down.... 3 hours. Lamictal and weed for me aren't going very good together. Gonna have dose cut down then try weed again. They have medical weed for Bypolar and a lot of other mental illness. But we can't get any!