I've been noticing brown spots under and between my breasts. It's like dead skin but if I rub it off it's back again in a couple of days and always in the same places. I've noticed recently that these places are getting larger. I wear an underwire bra, so I thought it might be an allergic reaction to the metal, but it's covered in cloth of course so that doesn't make sense and it's not itchy and it hasn't spread to any other part of my body. Any ideas?

Did you ever find out what this was? I've got what appears to be exactly the same thing - between and under my breasts, but also (now) armpits, and one small spot on the inner skin at the elbow... no itching... thanks!

help - what is this? did you ever find anything out?

I have been looking online everywhere to figure out what these things are. I have them too, where my bra snaps in the back, under my arms and in between my legs, where my stomach meets my legs... not on my vagina but on the sides, outside of the labia. no itching, but just brown spots that scratch off and are still coming back a few days later

I have them, too, near my breasts, and I think one might be starting on my hand. Anyone know what they are???

I have brown splotches/spots around my breasts too. They usually appear between my breasts where they press together while I'm wearing a bra and under the band line. I also get these brown splotches in creases where I sweat alot (under my stomach, where my groin area meets my legs). I also get it around the base of my neck in the back. I went to a dermatologist and was told that it is a skin fungus caused by sweating. No problem. Dermatologist gives me a few pills to take over 2 weeks and it all goes away.

HOW OLD R U GUYS CUZ IM ONLY 15........
N ITS DA SAME FOR ME TOO..........
IT DOESNT ITCH N IT DOESNT DO ANY THING, N I ALWAYS GET IT OFF BUT IT COMES BACK........IT DOESNT HURT AND I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS FROM IM CLUELESS ABOUT THIS BUT I WANT IT GONE.
I GET INSECURE. MOST TIMES I ONLY WEAR T-SHIRTS BCUZ IM ASHAMED........HOW DOES IT GO AWAY?........AND WHAT IS IT?.........
DOES ANYONE KNOW? :-( %-) :$ :'( ? ! :-) >:(

I have the same thing as well it is under my armpits and at first it was between my breast, but it is now also under my breast. I went to the doctor and he gave me an anti fungal cream to put on it twice a day for two weeks i would wash the area and apply it in the morning and at night it started to go away, but as soon as the two weeks were over it just started to come back again. I think it's because of the sweat it those areas.

Yes, I have a similar thing--two small darker patches of skin under each of my armpits that are really itchy. I sometimes get the same itchy feeling between and under my breasts, but without the same discoloration. My dermatologist diagnosed me with erythrasma, fungal infection and recommended an using an over the counter jock itch cream for six weeks, which unfortunately didn't work. I know there are some stronger oral prescriptions you can take, but my doctor wanted me to try some other things first...So far I've tried two other topical prescriptions and I also stopped eating any sugars or carbohydrates, on the recommendation of my regular doctor. (Erythrasma is a yeast-based fungus, so she thought that we might be able starve it way.) I feel kind of like a big whiner, but I really just want to get rid of this, especially because all these trips to the doctor without health insurance (oops..) totally suck.

I went to my doctor about sept 2008 and was told it is a fungus, not an STD!

The doctor prescribe some type of skin cream. seems like a short term fix.

I thought to myself what cases it, now 2 months later and after asking and showing different people I found out that it is most likely caused by too much acidity in the body.

I am currently changing my eating habits & life style.

This is the bodies way of letting me know something is not right.

I am willing to exchange ideas and thoughts and share more information, my email is:****

I honestly think this should be a wake up call.

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**

wow...im 15 also and i have these dark spots in the same area as you do.

underneath my breast, in between and in my under arms...they are effecting me severely because i want to do modeling but how am i going to when i have these spots! the doctor gave me a cream and it only lightens it a little bit. it doesnt work at all!

the doctor said its due to you skin not being able to get rid of dead cells.

idk how to get rid of it! maybe some skin bleaching product or maybe even laser...but those tend to be very expensive.... =/

Yeah i have the same c**p growing all over. Its underneath my boobs, my shoulders, and a lot on my back.. The doc gave me pills and it went away. Then it came back again. Its like, yeah sure the pills would make it go away. But how the f do i prevent it. That's the thing.

I found it really helpful because i have the same aswell on my bra line...and in the middle of my breasts...i thought it was just my bra because it was around those areas...but the comment about changing our ways helped me alot...because i am a chocolate freak and i think i have to change my lifestyle in order for it to go away.
tHANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP
:-D

I've had dark spots underneath my armpits and the back of my neck and thought oh no, I've heard it could be diabetes, etc. What I found out after I spoke to my dermatalogist? This happens when your body is telling you that you need to lose a little bit of weight. Sure enough, when I lost 5, 10 pounds, these marks started disappearing and you know as long as I kept the weight off, I was happy because they were gone. Now that I'm pregnant, obviously can't help the inevitable and so the marks have reappeared again. I feel better knowing that it is caused by weight and sometimes we can control this.

i noticed the brown spots right below my breast about a year ago. around the same time i noticed that my cousin had the same spots in between and under her breats also. i asked her about them and she said that she went to the doctor and he told her that it was a fungus caused by sweat and that it can be cleared up by any lightening cream. he also said that it was heriditary which explains why me and her both have it. hope this helps : )