A big thanks thanks to fadhili chausiku for bringing my husband back to me

It took me few hours resorting, reading comments and suggestions till I found your post.
I have been in relationship with my partner almost 2 years after LDR for few months and now living together which I invited to live with me.
She brought her laptop with her when moving to my country but soon it went to crushing the hard disk then she started to ask me to buy new laptop or gaming PC that's cost $2000 or more depends on the spec. I only agreed to shoulder $400 from the expenses to buy new laptop/PC and she has been very grumpy about it instead of appreciating my offer.

As days goes by she by herself stated she is antisocial, most of the time she didn't agreed to go out with me or my group of friends that she straightforward said she doesn't like them.
She did not get a job till about a year since she moved here and then started everything changed after she got the job that I force her to try apply and she eventually landed in a very good paid job.
Before then she has been all the way insulting or cursing me time to time about I'm not doing good enough for her etc but it got even worse after it started she getting paid more than me from the job.
Yet I tried my best to ignore all what she have said while she always says sorry.

Life goes on, after swearing me for few months she bought her own Nintendo Switch in last Christmas as for her own Christmas gift and she didn't have any gift for me which I even had nothing to say at that point. As long as it will make her happy ans swearing would stop, I thought it is a best for me too.
And there the gaming addiction started adding with Facebook, Instagram scrolling around whenever there is time and till fell sleep. She brings Nintendo Switch all over the places even while we having dinner she would play for it.
No more sex life and she hardly listening to what I say obviously and lazy to do household chore and never do cooking or stopped helping even to wash dishes and pile of containers it still got leftover food in it that sometimes it stays in the kitchen almost a whole week if I'm not finishing it.

But things didn't end there and every time there is coming new model of iPhone or Samsung Galaxy series news, she would mentioned it to me and she wants it but then she doesn't want to buy it by herself while she is already being able to buy it by herself. Instead, she ask me to buy using my credit card installment.
I have bought other branded smartphone on last Feb for both as our Velentine's gift that has capacity to play games.

Then thing started get even more worse.
She downloaded some kind of shooting game to the smartphone and started to play as alternative of Nintendo Switch which she seems got bored and that her family can't play with her since they don't have one and can't connect through with the game she has I think.
Non-stop chatting with people from all over the world if not paying with her family members.

Last night(this morning) was my worst nightmare that I had to turned off the Wifi at 2;30AM because she is keep shouting things in dirty words that I told her to stop using 4 letter words etc while at I'm at home a lot of time and I was not able to fell sleep!

Guess what happened next?
She even said to the AUDIENCE of the game whoever was that she doesn't care and it is Ok because she can keep playing on using her mobile data she has and shrugging it off that I was so upset. She is becoming like this while drinking too and last night was the double punch after she finished 2 bottles of beer.

How sad.

I'm 41 yo and she is 25 yo and I have been trying to think I have to be able to handle this since I'm much older than her but I don't have energy left to teach her to grow up.
Don't want to waste my time anymore with someone who doesn't make me feel I'm important for her as much I think about her.

Now sitting down by myself and when I look back the history of how it has been, I noticed that it was all she wanted to play games from the beginning somehow.
It has been many many excuses. Trying to convince me or justify herself with nonsense reasons.
And one thing is sure that they can't stop till we don't know exactly when or how...
It has to take their own determination to do stop it or slow it down.

Sure they might thought it's a hobby but if you can tell they are drowning in there, it is certainly can't be called as hobby.

Please everyone don't forget to listen yourself what your hearts say and stop ignore your feelings.
Please never forget to love yourself.

Thank you for reading my story. Now I feel a bit better than before.

Hi. I'm in the midst of finishing a professionally published oral history book about ex-spouses/ex-partners of relationships that involved addictions. If anyone in this thread divorced or separated from an ex-partner (male or female, spouse or boy/girlfriend), could you please contact me? I would love an opportunity to interview you anonymously about your experience with a loved one who was/is addicted to gaming. This book is not about judgement or scolding. It is only capturing the experiences that significant others have coping during and beyond these challenges. The intention is to help those currently in situations where their loved one is addicted to something. It's March 2018 as I write, so probably nobody will even see this, but just in case, please contact me by late April. The book goes to print in May/June. Thank you. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private information such as name, phone number or email address is not allowed in order to protect your privacy*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am going through the same thing. Love and Prayers for Each of You out there. You are Not alone.

This game is horrible! My husband of 20 years had an affair with a woman they were In the same alliance together! they drove and met 3 hours away in Huntsville AL!! She is a liar and a cheat and has done this before! My husband had never done this!! Luckily we are salvaging our marriage and he has stopped the game for now almost 7 months!! She is still in the game look out for her on the prowl and the others with her that all helped my husband do this. I know he’s not innocent but the other ladies in the game helped him set up reservations and convinced him to leave us when they had never even met us!!! It’s a horrible horrible game! I never thought this would happen to us!

I would love to be your friend. I am going through the same thing and I am feeling crazier every day.

Married seven years to one, seriously ur post resonates with me.Married 7 Years....no children....will have none

Yep mine All he does sits n front computer or tv same ol same ol
It’s SICKENING ITS RUINING MY HEALTH AM TIRED BEING ALONE

So, did you guys break up?

Any person involved with the Game of War will eventually fall prey to the sexual scandals on the site. Women, often lonely, throw themselves at men and vice versa. I was able to survive end endure the pain associated with online, sexual affairs. My husband had a number of them. Was it because he too was lonely? Perhaps bc we were not in a good place in our marriage. Was it because he is a good looking man? Joke was on him when I found pictures of one of his lovers. While on vacation I showed him a random picture of a beast like woman... He reacted like anybody would, what the hell? It was one of his lovers!
However, I was not participating on phone sex while he was at work. The betrayal was not just painful but severed every emotion within my soul. I took matters into my own hands. The alliance was destroyed by revealing the affairs with one of the alliance's leaders, sending emails, messages and posting to all members which could be involved and I still have one more person to get a hold of which is the wife of one of the leaders.despite it being over a year since my discovery while on a family Holiday Xmas 2016 in the Bahamas while he was scuba diving with our daughters. I froze as I read the countless texts and the I love you exchanged.
Look for the Line app, long hours on the game, smiling at the phone screen, dismissive behavior, etc. Remember, as individuals we approach, react, hide, behave differently. All I can say is the marriage was saved bc no physical contact, sexual was ever made. It was painful my friends. I was depressed, but I learned a few things. One of the first is admitting and knowing about change. If change had to happen how are we involved? What role did I play a part in the demise? I know I was ignoring him despite him asking me for attention. No, I'm not telling anyone you are responsible. It was the case for my case.
Don't ignore the warning signs. Don't ignore your instincts. Don't allow this meat market to take control of your marriage, family, relationship.

I'm seeing mostly women are going through this but I'm a guy and my wife spends 12 or more hours a day playing an online RPG. First WoW, then League of Legends and now something she swears is the most improved game ever. We've been married 6 years; together for 10. I feel like the frog who sat in a pot--not realizing the heat was coming to a boil. I am getting more and tired of seeing her cycle from the laptop, to her iPad and them to her iPhone. This game has an app. She admits its 25% playing and 75% chatting. I think there's a social stimulation happening that triggers addiction. My wife as of late doesn't want to go out with me and the kids (5 and 3 yrs old). I run a business from home so I am here but I also have to clean the house, do the dishes, laundry, cook, etc. She refuses to go food shopping now and I honestly feel like a single dad and I think people see me as such. I once walked in the room to find her phone unlocked--she fell asleep with it open. I noticed she was writing a message in her notes. It said, "The kids are getting ready for bed now. I wish you were here to cuddle with me," I was appalled. Who was she writing this to? She later claimed she was working on a book. I asked, "And this book started with the kids getting ready for bed and you wanting to getting cuddled by another man?" I really wanted to build a family. I wanted a partner, not a roommate. She doesn't work and I don't need her to. However, I would like to see her do activities with the kids. Her idea of watching them is giving them iPads and getting back to her games. I can't do this anymore. She agreed to a divorce but I'm not sure she realizes I'm serious. I am 36 and I can't imagine spending the rest of my le like this. I'm a highly capable man. If she partnered with me, I would have the time to build more businesses and pay off the mortgage fast. We could be free of debt and have freedom to choose what we would like to do with our time. Games give nothing in return. At least learn a new skill or sharpen your mind. My wife was sharp when I met her but her mind seems out of it from all of the gaming. We barely speak. I feel aggressive at times because we have sex fewer than twice a month and I refuse to look at porn or touch myself. I am afraid to cheat because I believe that will bring a curse on me. My struggle is this. Is divorce warranted in these situations? I can't stand this life anymore. I feel ready to take the risk and deal with the consequences. You know, the women going through this should have gotten with the mem going through this. The things that could have been accomplished when both parties work together to build a family and life together.

u outa yo mind fool

When my husband and I got married, we both had pretty well paying jobs: Accountant and a Welder. He plays WOW and cards (Hearthstone, Yugioh, Magic the Gathering) but this wasn't that big a deal since it was mostly one day a week. Then he was fired from his job (for something non-gaming related). He found two other jobs and quit one and then was fired from the other. They didn't pay the best but it was close to home and they weren't dead end. Instead of getting a new job, he just sat collecting unemployment. We moved to his home state because the field he use to work in looked promising there and I knew I could find a new job there. Fast forward 4 years later, he works as a security guard at his mom's company and because he works graveyard, he plays WOW all night. Then he comes home and plays WoW or cards. He has a 4 days on/ 4 days off schedule and on his days off, he plays games and this is all he does.On Saturdays, he goes and plays cards for 6-7 hours before coming home and playing WoW so on the two days off that I have, I don't see him for one. The state we live in actually offers free schooling for his trade. I said I would start dropping off our son at school in the morning so he can go to classes right after work if he had to work the night before since the trade schools schedule is 3 days a week (remember he works 4 days on/ 4 days off). Not only am I now dropping off our son on the days he works, he still has not gone back to school or found something better. I find him so unattractive and bothersome. He always wants attention but how can I be attracted to someone who has zero ambition to do anything and I am just tired and stressed out. I have been trying to get away from my high stress job as well and would like to spend more time at home to be with our son who is special needs. Since my husband has no desire to do better for himself, I have been building my own firm ( I hope to have enough clients in a year) where it allows me to work from home but I don't sleep as much and unfortunately, I don't have time to do the chores or household projects. I am just tired.

New Member
1 post

I am in the same boat. I married my husband knowing he played but didnt think it would bother me and didn't realize how bad it was. We have been married 7 years now and nothing has changed. I often just don't say anything to avoid a fight because he gets frustrated when I tell him to get off and then he is bugging me to do something or give him something to do. after time when it builds up I blow up on him to the point I threaten to leave and then he promises he will stop but less than a week goes by and he slowly (sneakingly) starts back up till its hours and hours again. He doesn't come to bed till 3, 4 or 5am to be sure hes there before I wake up (as if i didn't know he was up all night) a lot of times he gets up in the middle of the night to check his phone and plays it in bed from his phone.OR he gets up super early to get on the game before I get up to get the kids to school. It consumes his life and I feel he doesn't know what else to do when he is not playing because he will ask for me to tell him what I need him to do ( like im his mom) I don't want to divorce him but having a previous marriage living with an acholic and drug addict I know there is no fixing the problem unless they want to fix it themselves. He literally goes from the laptop game then plays it on his phone or TV. im so ready to pull every electronic device out of this house!!! His two sons from his previous marriage are totally addicted to the games too and I believe is a learned behavior from him. Its hard for me to be "the bad guy" to get them off to do other things when he is doing the same. His oldest son (15) will go outside when I tell him to get off the game and go sit under a tree with his cell phone in his face. Uhh!
I am a stay at home mom so I am busy doing stuff around the house all day and errands. He does work but sometimes his schedule is slow and he's home for days BUT DOES NOTHING except the stupid games! I went round and round with him and he even admits he has a problem but when I confront him he just clams up and acts like the victim with the "poor me" attitude that I'm mean to him and that I don't respect or even like him. He doesn't understand it isn't an attraction to a woman for a man to play video games all day. thanks for letting me vent... hopefully I can convince him to see another counselor. We saw one at our church a couple years back but I don't think it helped.