Did you have your gallbladder removed, and if so, how have your symptoms been since? I have been having problems for the past 3 months, several tests done, my EJ was 88..and I had severe pain with the HIDA scan after the CCK was administered, same pain that has put me in the ER a few times in past few months.

Did you have your gallbladder removed, and if so, how have your symptoms been since? I have been having problems for the past 3 months, several tests done, my EJ was 88..and I had severe pain with the HIDA scan after the CCK was administered, same pain that has put me in the ER a few times in past few months. Every other test pretty much shows normal. When I talk with my regular Dr., GI & Surgeon, all think it is a good thing to have a high EJ, but I think this is what has been causing me the pain.

I have been having problems for the past 3 months, several tests done, my EJ was 88..and I had severe pain with the HIDA scan after the CCK was administered, same pain that has put me in the ER a few times in past few months. Every other test pretty much shows normal. When I talk with my regular Dr., GI & Surgeon, all think it is a good thing to have a high EJ, but I think this is what has been causing me the pain.
One test (MCRP) did reveal Pancreatic Divism, but since it is a birth defect, it means I have had this all of my life. How can this all of a sudden cause the type of pain I have been having. I believe it is because of the High EJ, makes much more sense to me. I have had 3 natural child births, last one I tried to have an epidural, but it did not take. The one time in the ER with my gb symptoms, the pain was the same as end stage labor (a 10!), I was in so much pain I could not even talk. I was praying to pass out since they had not given me anything for the pain yet & I did not know if I could stand it any longer.

I had pain in my back and was seeing a chiropractor, thinking it was my scoliosis. I had what I thought was stomach ulcer pain but stomach acid medication did not help. My gastroenterologist thought that it was my gall bladder causing the problems but my blood work and ultrasound were normal. I had a HIDA scan with CCK last week. My ejection fraction was 91% and the pain from the HIDA after the CCK was injected was terrible. Today, I was referred to a surgeon to have my gall bladder removed. I am so relieved that the muscle spasm pain in my back will go away finally. I hope there will be no more nausea and tight squeezing of my gallbladder about 45 minutes after I eat in addition to during the night when I feel like I am having sharp hunger pangs. Now that I know what the pain is like from my gallbladder, I realize that I was blaming uncomfortable chairs at work and back pain for my symptoms for the past 2 years or so.

Hi I've been in pain since 2011 I thought it was stress but was diagnosed with H.pylori and pain didn't go to dr again till 4/2013 only cuz couldn't handle pain anymore plus I was tired, nauseated all the time, headaches, bloating gasy pain in stomach and upper rib section plus back pain everyday that last for hours in the morning and evening also can't sleep at night tossing turning face is itching slot and legs, pain in legs one day so bad I didn't know what the heck was going on diarria, constipation, now dr finally going to to do hida scan then colonscopy I just hope they see something to fix this tired of this can't function right Dr has me on disability for now but I would like to go back to work soon...

I am in tears right now writing you. I wish I knew you and wish you were with Kaiser. They refuse to remove mine because mine is "normal" even though the HIDA scan showed that it has "spontaneous ejection". They couldn't get a ef % cause they weren't prepared for it to do anything they were only in phase 1 but because it functioned they said it worked fine. It had no reason to I hadn't eaten for hours. It runs in my family. My mom had hers removed for same thing and she feels so much better. I have dealt with the pain for over a decade and now it's way worse. I am done. I've lost weight and can barely eat now but no no no my gallbladder is normal remember......ugh.

What have you done about this? I have the same thing!

Did you end up getting your's taken out? I am having the same issue with pain and the same EF%. Haven't gotten in to see the specialist yet for their opinion.

What kind of doctor should we seek in order to have a hyperkinetic gallbladder removed? We went to a surgeon, who order the HIDA scan. When it came back with an ejection rate of 90%, he had his nurse call and say that the gallbladder was not the problem, that it was working "better than most people's," and that no surgery is needed.

I am actually seeing a specialist at Mayo in 2 weeks. From what I understand most specialists wouldn't even run the hida scan because the results can vary and isn't the best indicator. Basically they said if they ruled everything else out and all the symptoms still pointed to the gallbladder then removal would be the next step. I still can't eat but once a day and the rest is liquids, it takes almost a day to recover from the "meal". I hope you feel better I'll remember to let you know how I made out!

I am a nuclear medicine tech. Just to answer a few question. A normal EF with CCK is over 35%. Fatty meal study EF is varied due to the amount of food you are able to eat. A high EF like above 85% is technically not a normal EF( spontaeous emptying) because you are excreting more bile than your body needed. You can google high Gallbladder EF case in Google.

Please tell me what came of you. Your symptoms and mine are exactly matched.

yes it is possible for you to have a high ejection fraction and still have gallbladder remoed. I had an ejection fraction of 40% US was normal, CT normal, but still have URQ pain along with back pain and I cannot tolerate fatty foods. I've been on a nonfat diet for months and I have my surgery scheduled for 8-13-14 to have my gallbladder removed, have hope it is possible.

Could h-pylori cause same symptoms?

HI could you please direct me to where I can find more literature of high EF on a HIDA scan may warrant gallbladder removal? I have had the works, everything is normal except HIDA scan 99%. RUQ pain, nausea, weight loss, cannot eat. Been going on for months. I see a surgeon this week but I am not sure if he will remove it. Thanks in advance.