If you have any medical literature which I can site about how high gallbladder ejection fraction can benefit from surgery, please let me know.

I suffered on and off for a year, when first had the pains in my upper right side under my ribs(felt like a labor contraction on one side at night in the eve), the Dr did an ultrasound and ran labs, I had a slightly elevated AST.  The ultrasound didn't show any stones or anything.  He told me he didn't think it was my gallbladder.  He wanted to do an endoscopy.  I didn't want another costly test as I wasn't having burning acid reflux, I was dry belching after large meals especially.  So I went almost a year again since it hadn't been that bad yet.  When I had my yearly exam I scheduled with a woman internal med Dr, she listened and suggested we make sure it wasn't a gluten issue.  That test was negative and while I was on that diet the gallbladder symptoms ramped up as I had a coulple of gluten free items that were fairly fatty.  She sent me straight to the surgeon and he wasn't convinced it was my gallbladder either but he did order the HIDA scan to make sure.  I scored a 94%.  He told me that high is considered to be hyper and that it warranted removal if the person had significant syptoms too.  I am happy to report that I had it out a little over 2 months ago and have only some moderate burping left out of all the sypmtoms.  I am losing weight, my stomach is not bloating anymore(I looked pregnant), and I am rarely constipated.  I don't have significant diarrhea like they warn you about, occaisonally I have some but usually it was something bad/greasy/fatty that I ate.  I had the DaVinci robotic procedure, one small scar by my belly button.  Had the surgery on a Wednesday and was back to work Monday.  The surgeon said he has people that return to work on Friday, wow not me, I felt ok with Monday but Friday would have been tough. I got the path report back and I had cholesterol deposits on the wall of my gallbladder, strange.  To sum it all up, I so am happy with the decision I made to have the surgery.    

I also had a high ejection rate of 95% on my hida scan.  I felt horrible after eating fatty foods, I also had body aches.  A couple times while I was sleeping..horrible tasting stuff came up the back of my throat and almost gagged me.   My ultrasound showed cholesterol polyps which were small and shouldn't have symptoms. When they are large, there is a chance of cancer.  As I did a lot of research, I found that a high ejection rate is not good.  It is considered an overactive gallbladder.  It seems the docs only concentrate on the lower numbers.  After 6 months of not feeling well...I went to a gb specialist and decided to have it taken out.  I just want to let you all know, that I had mine out yesterday and I am amazed at how good I felt immediately.  My aches were gone and I had more energy the same day of the surgery.  This is the 2nd day, and I am a little sore at the stitches, but other than that, I am feeling like a new person.  I have to watch my fat intake for a couple weeks and introduce it slowly.  But I wanted to give you all a positive post in case you are feeling crappy and debating your decision like I did. 

@GLOJEA, out of curiosity, in which country do you reside?

@CLA1250, I live in the United States. This is day 3, and I was able to go to church this morning. I feel really good. Just a little sore around the incisions. A big difference from how I felt last week at this time. Also, I had a cookie....which is something I couldn't do before without getting sick. My stool is starting to get back to normal. The first day, it was a little loose. Hope this helps.

@glojea, thanks... I live in California... my EF was 99% .. the tech that reviewed the HIDA scan was surprised when he saw the scans, but even then, GI told me I was super normal and that it was a good thing... It seemed my primary was more concerned with my situation, but unfortunately he decided to retire... 

Yes but you may need approval. Your doctor may need to indicate to the ins company that is necessary

@CLA1250, do you have any symptoms of a bad gallbladder? The reason I ask, is because I don't think my doc was going to do anything because my polyps were small, but when I told him how sick I have been with the symptoms, he said we could take it out. I still waited 6 months because I was so afraid of getting it out. But in 6 months, I felt much worse....so I gave in. btw...Merry Christmas!

Yes , I have mild symptoms... Nausea, discomfort, mild pain on side,
pressure, sometimes feels like a golf ball is lodged up in that area...

Sounds similar to mine. I started getting really tired also. After I got off work each day, I was so exhausted, just layed on the couch for the evening. After my surgery, it seems my energy level is back.

Would like to know Who and Where you did your surgery. Am in same position and can't find a surgeon.Glad everything worked out well for you so far.

Surgeon - where are you located? Easy to find a surgeon.

NOT one that has dealt with a hyperactive GB... It's to network off a surgeon who has experience, thus referring him/her to a sergeon in his/her area..... ;)

I am located in Pittsburgh, PA. Went to the Digestive Center at UPMC Presby. There are several doctors in that group that deal with gallbladder.
Just wanted to give you all a little update....today it has been 1 week since my surgery. I started eating fats (Christmas cookies) and I think I ate too many. My own fault. Yesterday I had diahrea a couple times after I ate. But today it seems like it is gone. Yesterday I went shopping for most of the day and felt good. I will go back to watching what I eat today. I think I introduced the fats too soon, but with the holidays, temptation took over! Feeling good after a week...my energy is back, my muscle aches are gone. Also, I had trouble with anxiety and it seems to have disappeared since my surgery.

I'm having my surgery in just a few days and if I get my energy back and anxiety would disappear, I'll just have to deal with digestion issues which I've had to do all my life. Good to hear you are having good results and yes those cookies can draw you in one at a time.