Your symptoms sound a lot like mine before surgery. I will be keeping you in my prayers.. so that all disappear for you in a few days. I never in a million years thought I would feel this good!

your and everyone elses wait gonna get longer under obama care

Just an update to my surgery....on Friday it will be 3 weeks and I am feeling good. I'm back to work but on light duty for 3 wks because I lift heavy things at work. I was getting tired easily, but its getting a lot better. So glad the symptoms I had before surgery are gone. Good luck to all.

@glojea,

thanks for the update, hope all continues as its been.. if you don't mind, if you could also share your pathology report once you're notified... typically, I've been reading people come back with chronic inflammation ...

@CLA1250,
Yes, my pathology report came back as chronic inflammation.
My tiredness seems to be gone the past couple days...maybe because I'm moving around more at work. I do feel really good....the best I felt in a long time.
One more thing I would like to add.....before surgery, I also felt like I had water in one of my ears with a little pain. I would get this off and on. The doctor could never find anything. Since surgery, I haven't had this feeling at all. Isn't that weird?

Yeah, in my case, I'm beginning to think I have 2 different problems... We'll see what primary says...

Please keep us all updated, I'm curious.

angiern5612, i see this post is two yrs old but thought i would take a chance of you seeing it anyway . I have a ejection rate of 92% on my hida scan and wanted to ask you about it.

Chumpsteak , Was wondering how you are doing now without your gallbladder ? I have a 92% on my hida scan and was looking for some input on it

I have a hida result of 92% my surgeon does the robiotic procedure also , havent hade it done yet but was wondering how was the surgery as far as pain goes and if you are still doing okay .

Hi glojea , i think i have discussed this with you on another board was wondering if you are still doing okay now

Hi Cabin921, I am doing great since my surgery in December. I feel really good with lots of energy. My stools are back to normal. I can pretty much eat anything. Every once in awhile, I have a little trouble with iceberg lettuce & diahrea, but very minor. I have been eating lots of fruits & veggies. I didn't realize how sick my gallbladder was making me until I got it out. I have no regrets. If you have any questions about surgery or anything else, I will be happy to answer as best as I can. Hope this helps! Take care, gloria

Gloria , Thanks so much for answering back , i had left you a message on the other board and since you did not reply i told my hubby i hoped you were ok. I go back to my surgeon friday to see what my next move is . He did the upper scope last thursday and that looked good and did a biop to ck for h pylori and i should hear from that tomorrow but dont expect that to show up anything so dont know what to expect out of him friday. I think he just wants to try and make sure problems are from gb , Did you have the robotic surgery where you only had one cut in your belly button ? The surgeon i am seeing does that type. How bad was the pain after your surgery? The thing that gets me the most is the lack of info the doctors have about a high hida scan , we know more than they do and when you ask about it they act like you are crazy. This surgeon i am seeing talked like it was not common to have a high er but it might be more common than he thinks . Glad you are doing so good now and pray i will end up like you . God Bless you and thanks for being here for me you have really helped me to feel better about all this. Kathy

Hi Kathy, I'm so sorry, but I'm not sure how to get back to the other board. I'm so glad you posted on this one! I wasn't very sore after surgery. I didn't need any pain pills until the 3rd day and the only reason I took it is because my blood pressure was up and I called the doctor, and he said when people are in pain, their blood pressure goes up. He says I am probably numb and don't feel the pain. I took a pain pill and my bp went down immediately. But my answer to this was....no. I was not in much pain. My throat was dry from the anesthesia, so when i coughed it hurt a little. I held a pillow over my belly, and I was fine. Also, the first sneeze was tough....so grab a pillow for your belly if you feel like you have to sneeze. I had the laprascopic surgery. I had 3 tiny holes. One at my bellybutton, one under my chest and one on my lower right side. At this time, they have almost disappeared. The incisions weren't sore. I recovered pretty quickly, in fact, I was able to go to a football game 1 week later. It is good to walk around after you have the surgery, I think it makes for a faster recovery. I wasn't allowed to lift over 10 lbs for the first 4 weeks. And then my doctor added 2 more weeks because I lift heavy things at work. Hope this helps! I'll keep checking this board every day to see if you have any more questions. I will be praying for you.....take care.

Sorry, I just now saw this in my spam box. I had it done at Pella in October 2012 with Dr. Matt Morgan, the general surgeon there at Pella Regional Health Center. I got the impression that this is a new school of thought and I feel very lucky that he chose to believe in it after reading the stories on here. I am still happy with my choice. I do have some residual symptoms. After surgery I didn't have the air go into my shoulder area, mine stayed under my rib cage. Now I still get air trapped under my rib cage in the middle of my back at times. Prilosec and Ultimate Flora (a probiotic pill you can buy at Walmart or Walgreen's) are the things that seem to help the most with this symptom. I don't get the contractions anymore with the gallbladder and I am not nauseated. I may try a digestive enzyme too. (Prior to me having any significant issues I did get on an antibiotic, took ibuprophen, and mucinex for a nasty chest cold and that is when I can track back to everything going south for me with my stomach. I had a few minor symptoms before but that definitely gave things a hard push. The only thing I can think of is maybe that killed off all my good flora/bacteria and now I need to figure out the correct balance for me. It has been a very frustrating process and a lot of it I researched myself.)