If you can get the couch over to me by lunch, our sheet metal department assures me they can cover it with 1/16 stainless steel by 3:30. They usualy work for Dunkin Donuts and coffee on "Government Projects".

That should take care of the problem

Dear RB,
Despite your late attempt at salvaging points, please be advised that your scoresheet has been adjusted accordingly.
Sincerely,
The He-man Woman Haters Club

I personally would punt the cat across the room any time it showed it's face..... but hey, that's just me....

I've got one who does that to EVERYTHING. She's going to be declawed and do is the other before we move. I am not going to be responsible for my cats ruining Ranger's BRAND NEW HOUSE!

This morning, I caught her fighting with herself in my wall mirror.

Did she win?

One of my cats loses in battles against the little stuffed catnip mice...

Did she win?
I had to take the mirror off the wall at like 3 am because she was making it bang. I didn't want the neighbors to think...you know...and she continued the battle with the mirror on the floor. I fell back to sleep at some point and she must have won because that OTHER CAT was gone.

That is SOOO mean. How would like to have your fingers removed up to the first knuckle? That's what they do!!!!
I had that done to a cat 40 years ago and I still regret it. I thought they just removed the claws like removing a fingernail but I discovered the took the whole bone off at the knuckle. I was dumb but that doesn't make me feel any better.

well, YOU are in trouble mister.
cheryl,
i've tried the lemon spray and it kinda works. i've never done the little mitten thingys -- too much like work. what really worked for me is to cover the "coveted area" with double sided tape -- it really screws up their routine. picture kitty with the tape all over her paws-- i think she did it once, got "stuck" and never went back again. also, (WHAT'S WITH ME AND TAPE??) i've used clear packaging tape to cover the scratched area--being very careful not to destroy delicate fabrics though--and that completely foils their attempts to scratch too. i also moved the scratch post closer to the couch. now, they love their posts. they also love the area rugs but oh well. they are off the furniture.
(spray bottle works too) it kinda shames them.
i declawed one kitty when we were first married, who shredded our couch to the frame but i've since decided that i wouldn't do it again to another kitty.

well, YOU are in trouble mister.
cheryl,
Tape + cat feet =
Peanut butter + cats nose = :LOL:
closed shower door + curious cat + cold water on full blast = total freakin' hysteria....

I think she learned that from me :umno:
Plus she always try's to take a shower with me, and I keep telling her that's your job :naughty:

Must.Not.Try.at.home

I had a friend who made a noise maker with a can and coins to scare her cat. She would put pennies in an old Coke can and shake it each time she caught her cat scratching things. The noise scared the cat and eventually the cat was trained to not scratch things. I thought is was the wierdest thing...but it worked over time.

I wonder if that trick works with kids...

I found that the hiss of a can of air will send my cat all the way to the other end of the house. We call it "the big hisser". We have 4 cats and it only works on one of them but it happens to be the one we need it to work on so we got lucky. He specializes in stealing all the other cats food and he's the biggest guy in the house. I don't think he's fat but he is a big guy. When we got him from the SPCA they had him listed as 3 years old but he doubled in size in the first year. Our Vet says he was only about 6 months when we got him. He's really funny because he's about the size of a Maine Coon and he walks around the house like the proverbial 500 pound gorilla yet he's scared of the hiss of the air can.

.
No...for kids that's FUN!!