Can I put vicks vapor rub on my leather couch so my cats do not scratch it?Or will it do damage to the leather?

Vick's vapor rub isn't as damaging to your couch as it might be for your cat. You'd have to clean it off the couch eventually, no matter if cat continue to scratch it or not - this is way easier to do on leather couch. But the thing is, Vick's vapor rub might irritate your cat's eyes to the point you'd need to take it to the vet.

What's more effective to do is to simply to buy something specifically made for this purpose. Any pet store has scratch protection spray that won't damage furniture. But the best thing I found was to use the double-sided tape you put on the bottom part of your couch or any other furniture. I bought mine at a regular pet store, but I guess almost any wide double-sided tape might do the same job and be far less expensive.

Do you know the name of any spray that is safe for the cats and leather?
and thank you :)