What's with all the weight loss topics? I know that you people are all looking for advice, and advice you will get. If you want to lose weight, you should exercise more and eat less. More exercise is less weight. Better food and lower fat is less weight. Less weight is more energy. It's hardly rocket science, is it? Well then, what are you all still doing behind your computers? Up you get! Get yourselves to a gym! And don't forget, more exercise equals less weight!

No offense, but if it were that simple we wouldn't be so obsessed with losing weight. I don't think that there is a single soul on this board, or anywhere else, who does not realize that exercise is good for you, but sometimes it takes a lot more to lose weight. I know that weight gain and obesity can be a downward spiral a lot of the time, and it is one that is hard to break.

That sounds a lot like my opinion as well. It seems that people are tricked into believing that they need to follow a specific diet allowing or disallowing them foods in a strict pattern, if they are ever to lose weight. Sometimes I think it is all the diets that cause the weight gain. Not eating enough suddenly after previously eating perhaps too much is certainly not going to do your body any good!