I have been on subutez for 3 years. When I had my son 2 months ago we let the peditritian know ahead of time. I was on 4 to 6 mg a day and he was 6lbs I carried full term but my family and my husbands family all have tiny babys. He was born c section. He stayed in the nicu for a week just to make sure he was healthy and had no withdrawels which by the way was 28000 thank god for insurance. Out of a withdrawel score of 29 he got a 4 and it was stuff normal newborns do. He had a lil bit of a problem sucking but that's it. Other than the nurses treating me horrible for being on subutex and under dr care he did fine. That week was hell though I would have to pump drive to the hospital and then the nurses would make me feed him so I got way skinny and I got way sick and had to quit breastfeeding. I would choose subutex over methadone any day. Now he's almost 2 months and he's 12lbs hea healthy as can be.

I am 20 weeks pregnant & have been on Suboxine for about 2 years. I was switched to Subutex when I was 4 weeks pregnant. My midwife is aware & I am treated as though I am any other patient, which makes me feel better because I dont feel as stressed or out of place. My midwife is very confident that I will have a healthy baby. I take 16mg of subutex a day. I also wanted to taper off but, I was told by my MW this would not be safe bc it could cause a miscarriage & fetal distress. She informed me there is a chance the baby could be born addicted but with the subutex the chances are very low & the symptoms would be very minor. I would also like some infor on someone who had their baby while on subutex & to know what the after effects were! Thanks.

Hey there i am 16 weeks pregnant and also taking subutex ive been taking this for 6 weeks now,but ive been taking suboxon 3 years now.Ifound this site because i was woried about taking this medication and being pregnant.When i found out i was pregnant i went to my doctor and insisted i wanted to come of these tablets and i am now down to 6ml a day.I am now scared after reading what you said about finding it tough coming down of the tablets and you had to higher your dose because of the pregnancy and im so afraid that something will happen to my baby if i dont come of the tablets and if i do come of the tablets im so confused and scared.
ive been taking subutex because i was addicted to nubream its an opiot which comes in liquid form its a pain killer and very adictive .my plan is to come of the subutex by coming down 2ml at a time ,im now half way threw as i started of at 16ml and now at 6ml but now im scared .if anyone has any advice for me i would love to hear from you. :-)

hi i am twelve weeks pregnant and am very worried about the health of my baby, i was on suboxin and have switch to the subutex and am very scared of going home without out my baby due to my stupid choices in life in the past two yrs . my first two pregnancys were very good and healthy and i just want the same for this baby, i am tapered down to maybe one mg, but some days i take four, i know it dont make sense but on those days i feel really good and can just do the normal everyday things when i take just one mg im very sick. i know some of it is the pregnancy, but the other feeling feel alot like withdraw am i tapering too fast or is it just in my head ? i need help and advice , im in the beginning of my fourth month, my goal is to be completly off the subutex way before the baby comes . can you please help, im getting very stressed and haveing alot of anxiety over this issue. thank you very much. :$ :'( :'(

It was comforting to know my girlfriend and I are not alone!! She just found out she was pregnant and is curious how different the subutext is from suboxone. If you have any comments to kind of help her so she isnt walking in so blindly to this situatiuon. I know its hard trading one addiction for another but i think doing suboxone / subutext in a controlled enviroment that is actually decreasing your intake and gradually taking you down is the best thing. Good Luck

Hi, i dont know how old this post is but if you are still looking for feedback, let me know. i can relate

MeToo wrote:

OneLife wrote:

Hi, I have been on Suboxone for almost 5 years and I found out I was pregnant a couple months ago so my doctor switched me to Subutex. I take 12 mgs. a day (1 1/2 - 8 mg. tablets), but before I got pregnant I was only taking 8 mgs. of Suboxone but I started to feel like it was not enough and I think that was because of the baby so my doctor told me to take 4 mgs. more every day. I do feel physically better now that I take more, but I am so stressed out about being on it while I am pregnant! When I first found out I was pregnant, I was thinking maybe I should just try to get off, so I went online and did some research and found that it could cause miscarriage if I did that. I also read a lot of posts from women who have had babies on Subutex and they did not have any problems and their children are fine. Some women also claimed that they think the Subutex is better than the methadone as far as withdrawl goes, in their babies.

Still, I keep having anxiety about it! I tried many times before I was pregnant over 5 years to get off this stuff and I can never go through with it. I also was on Methadone for 2 years before that and withdrawled off of that and it was really bad for me, so bad I got back on heroin and then got on Suboxone. It is like never ending for me, I feel so hopeless sometimes! I live in Virginia and don't really have any friends to talk to about this stuff. My family and few friends that I have live hours away and do not know I am on it, they dealt with my addiction for so many years and I didn't want to upset them anymore so my husband and I pretend I am not on anything. My husband has never had an addiction so he does not always agree with the subs, but pretty much puts up with and pays for it so I can be well.

If there are any women out there in similar situations or are on Subs, please talk to me. I really could use some friends to talk to.

Hi I am a 28 year old mother of a 7 year old little boy and am 7 weeks pregnant. I originally got hooked into opioes due to my 7 year old weighing 10 pounds and i gained over 100 pounds when pregnant with him. Since then i had back problems, lots of MRI's lots of different doctor opinions, so come to find out it was 2 disks that were denergenative and buldging disk L4 & L5. I also have nerve damage in both legs starting at behind the knee. I am very concerned about being on Subutext while pregnant. I have only been on it since Dec 2011. My doctor seems to tell me everyhting will be fine. She has me taking 2-3 per day. i usually only take 1 some days 2. everyone at my doctors ooffice tells me not to worry bc they just had a few women whos delivered on subutex and the baby was fine, but i thought that was just women who were on low doses on subutex. I asked my doctor is 16 mg was too much and she said no that that is a fine dose. If anyone could give me some insight into their situation maybe it would help me to relax a little bit. Thank you all for your time.

Hi one life my name is Amanda and I live in Michigan and have had a ongoing drug problem since I was 18 and now at 21 just realized it was a problem I have a 3 yr old daughter already that i knew I wasnt being the best I could be so I started to take Suboxene 8mg/2mg twice a day my prblem being with Oxycottion and any other pain pill I could get my hands on I have been taking it for the last couple months and Now just found out I am pregnate with my second child Even though I am happy I am 3mnth clean and only two month pregnate I have the same concerns as you I now take subutox 8mg a day and I wonder if I should just quit but then my addict inside me starts talking I can admit that I had a problem and am working on but really am I messing my new born babys life up stayin clean if you need to talk im here for sure I have no one eitheer and that friend i do have think i should quit and i just dont think I can ...Good luck to you

hi amanda i am so happy atleast you are keeping your baby and you are not thinking of abortiolike other girls your age look if you need a friend to talk to thats why i am here for you and i know who can help you change and thats is God

I am 32 weeks pregnant and been taking subutex for years. I tried to quit in my second trimester and after 3 weeks of still feeling unable to function, i slowly slipped back into it. I only take lil tiny crumbs i chip off an 8 mg pill. So im guessing i average 1-2 mg a day. I try to even cut that down. My main concern is i am getting them off the street.. How do i go about seeing andoctor that can get me on a legit script? Im very afraid cps will get involved since indont have a real script. Also i read from other women that their baby was either born fine. Or with only slight withdrawls which makes me feel better but i cant help but wonder if it has sumthin to do with dosage??

I hope this message will help any ladies currently pregnant and worried about being on subutex.   I was on suboxone for 6 years.. same dose.. wound up pregnant, and switched to subutex, i was initially on 12 mg, but wound up needing to get bumped up to 16 mg.  because when your pregnant your blood flow increases drastically, the medicine moves much quicker through your system.  my dr said that any withdrawl symptoms could be dangerous, so as much as I wanted to completely get off of it, I did what the doctors told me to do..  I gave birth to a VERY healthy 9.9 lb baby boy.  who had NO withdrawl symptoms.  (with the exception of a little sneezing)  he was happy as a clam, and is currently 10 months old and AHEAD in every aspect of life, hes already walking, and has 10 teeth! (which is un heard of!)  growth /height and weight are off the charts (hes a chubba)  hes the best thing thats ever happened to me.  im STILL on subutex.  dont see myself getting off anytime soon.  this drug is a life saver.. literally.  its allowed me to live a normal, happy life withoout cravings or any desire to ever go back... (ive been clean 8 yrs now.)  and have no intentions of going off it.. my husband hates that im on it, but for me its not worth the chance of the devil creeping back in my life.  I had 2 sets of doctors when i was pregnant, the subutex dr. and my OB.. my OB never knew i was on subutex.   I felt like they would have called cps, or just been awful to me, so my plan was to only tell them IF something arose.  I had a list of all the withdrawl sypmtoms to watch out for when i went in. thankfully never had to tell them.  There are many doctors now coming out and saying that babies born on subutex do MUCH MUCH MUCH better then babies born on methadone.. please, if your on methadone, switch for the sake of your baby... 

I am 39 weeks pregnant and taking subutext.. Ive been on hella amounts of pain pills since I was 15 yrs old, Im 24 years old now, I was taking about 20 perks a day, well pretty much anything I could get my hands on, I had taken suboxone before for when I couldnt get my pills.. I got pregnant and started taking subutext of the street thought I could ya know wean myself down.. I did, I was sober for a month of my pregnancy the withdrawl was hell for me, I relapsed I was terrified for my son.. so I spoke to my husband, mother, and step father and they split the cost for me to go see a suboxone doctor (theyre VERY expensive) but I saw the dr when I was 26 weeks pregnant, he put me on 16 mg a day of subutext, he and I spoke about me tapering and be completely off in 8 weeks because you have to be off an entire month before your babys born for the baby to have no withdrawl symptoms. when I first started the subutext I had the best of intentions of weaning off them.. but after the first 2 weeks I had to go bck to see the dr and I KNEW I wasnt strong enough and I didnt want to relapse.. so I told him I wanted to stay on.. he made me feel like the biggest piece of sh*t because I decided not to wean off.. so since then Ive been haveing the very worst anxiety about my son being born an addict and terrified theyre going to take my baby boy from me... I told my ob, well I left a message at the nurses station bout a month after I started on subutext... None of my obs have said anything about it.. I put it on my hospital registration papers, Ive been scarred to bring it up at my visits to the ob because you know how horribly judgemental ppl can be, Im going to bring it up this upcoming visit just in case a nurse screwed up and didnt put it in my file.. sorry Im rambling I ramble when im nervous.. but Im honestly scared that theres going to be something wrong with my son or that theyre goin to take him from me. My brother knows this chick who was on subutext during her pregnancy and the baby was born an addict and got taken away from her.. Im not sure if its because she was on subutext or if its because she wasnt taking them and using drugs instead.. though my brother thought she was 4 mnths behind me because im twice her size but apparently she was a mnth ahead of me in her pregnancy.. does anyone have any advice or thoughts on my worries? alot of these posts have helped me.. but any advice would be wonderful! 

I was looking on internet for side effets on the pregnancy and suboxon as I was on the medication oxcycodone and the dr trying to get me off the meds with this medication I see that these two meds fall in the category c and ocycodone b as it shows no risk to baby. Im in my 3 month and so wish I would of taken some time as these have me curios why the dr s dont try to wing you off the oxcy with perkset as it states no side effects on animals and no none on the baby. I hope the best for you and your baby and guess I need top talk to my drs mpre as this being the first time ever trying this med is has made me sick and soon hope to be off this and feeling better.
here is my email address as you may need someone to talk to

in regards to your statement about the clinic increasing your methadone dose, this always confuses me. my daughter-inlaw goes to a "clinic" for methadone treatment. been going for years. they have her so snowed that she will not listen to anyone else. so they kept increasing her dosage til my son was ready to leave her. finely they started to ween her off. i've talked to therapists about this and they all agree, these clinics are in it for the money. the more they tell you you need it the more the addicts believe it, and the more they take. the number one goal of these clinics should be weaning these people off, not making them more addicted. i've seen it for years and i believe they run these clinics all wrong. just my option. even now that she is/was being weaned down, seems there is always something going on in her life to interrupt her getting away from the methadone. so my thoughts on this is that they don't even give good tools to her to set her up for sobriety. why? cause they want to keep you coming back. sounds like a street dealer to me. really not much different.

I am 35 weeks along and i take subutex unperscribed. I do not have the money for the sub docs they r very expensive around here n most dont take insurance they want $$ cash for service. Im scared cps will get involved because i do not have a script. I am on maybe 1-2 mg a day. Any advice?