Boosya- First things first...What is "dope friending"??? It's wonderful to hear it was so easy for you to lower your meds. It's not that easy for everyone. (By the way the last 2mgs are usually the hardest to get off... I wish you the best). There can be serious medical complications when doing it too quickly (for mother & baby... INCLUDING MISCARRIAGE per my OB and suboxne provider. NOT AN "URBAN LEGEND"). You CAN breast feed on SUBUTEX (not suboxone). I've done it with my last two children, who by the way, had absolutely no signs or symptoms of withdrawal. I know it's not always that way. Every mother, pregnancy, delivery and baby are different. I went from 8-12mg down to 1mg of subutex per day with my first pregnancy and from 8-12mg down to 3-4mg per day with my second. In a perfect world I wouldn't have been on anything but like I said before that's not always possible. This isn't a place to judge people. It's a place to share your insight and information and hopefully help someone along the way. If you're "disguisted" don't waste your time getting involved.

My son is now 11 weeks old. He was a VERY healthy 8lbs. Again, my doctor kept us in the hospital an extra day to monitor baby for possible withdrawal. I am sooooooooo grateful that he also had ZERO withdrawal symptoms. I breastfed for six weeks and continued to take 3-4mg of subutex per day during that time. He's been on formula for five weeks and had no withdrawal symptoms after I stopped breast feeding. Thank God..

I am a mother of a daughter 34 yrs old who is now 32 weeks pregnant - not only does she take subutex 1 and one fourth tablet a day, she is on an antidepressant, is type 1 diabetic and smokes a pack a day. It is so frustrating Ive tried and tried to tell her she should care more about the baby than herself but has always been narcissistic. Any advice out there for her

babybaby1122
i have been doing as much research as i possibly can here on the internet & your post really helped me! i went for my frist ultrasound and i am already 12 weeks. had no idea i was pregnant, and i have been on about 8 mg of subutex for 6 months now. i want to do what is best for my baby! i will quit cold turkey right now if that is whats best but the nurses at the clinic i go to say that i need to stay on the medication bci could miscarry. i know i have to weigh my risks, and from what everyone has told me its best to stay on it...i was curious what advice youd have for me? i know you posted this 3 years ago lol but maybe if you see this you can help me!!!!!! anxiety through the roof over this!

Hey......I live in WV and understand exactly what your talking about and what your going through...I two just found out I am pregnant and I too switched from suboxone to subutex.......I have been worried also about taking the meds and being pregnant.....I go to a clinic that requires 5 NA meetings and regular group meetings.....that have really changed my life......I have been clean since April of this year.....and through this program I have met many wonderful people just like me and you......I know of 10 girls that have been pregnant....7 of them already have delivered their babies....and everything was great......Mothers are healthy and babies are perfect.....no side effects..no withdrawls..nothing. So I feel that everything is going to be fne with you and also with me.......My baby Dr. said that taking the subutex is not nearly as harmful as taking the alternative..(dope)....so I just wanted you to know that I DO understand what your feeling and going through.......I hope that this helps with your anxiety.......If you want I can give you my number or facebook info...so that if you ever need to talk to someone....I will be here......Thanks so much for your honesty!!!

Well way to go for you, but everyone is NOT like you!!!!!!!!!!!! if you were able to get off your meds so easily why didn't you do it sooner?!?!?! You say you've been on it for OVER TEN YEARS, if it was SO EASY for you to cut down why did you stay on it for ten years! SHUT your mouth and STOP judging others!! People don't choose to have this happen to them, and the fact that people post here for help is a positive thing, except for when people like you put their 2 cents in...all high and mighty!! It's NOT a URBAN LEGEND, I DID lose my baby due to a detox off 12mgs a day of subutex!! I was carefully watched by 2 doctors during my taper and detox and I STILL lost my baby. My dr's told me to stay on b/c I could lose the baby during detox, but I thought it was better to not be on the meds! SO THERE YOU GO, ARROGANT PEOPLE!! KEEP YOUR JUDGING TO YOUSELF!!!!

I think tht u r completely out of ur mind, and a lil disrespectful. You can have your own opinion on the medication while being pregnant, thts fine. But really not everyone is the same! I am four months pregnant, and im on subutex, im choosing to continue taking it, because its not a legand my doctor herself told me tht it is harmful to detox or come down to the baby. So if anyone is pregnant and worried about hurting there baby by being on medications, talk with your own doctor, then make what decision you choose will be best not only for the baby but also for yourself. So DONT GET OFF MEDICATION UNLESS YOU TALK WITH YOUR DOCTOR, and ONLY GET OFF IF YOU YOURSELF FEEL READY!!! :)

You're an id**t and a hypocrite is all I have to say. The docs you're seeing are also idiots. And ya might want to rethink taking benzos (I.e. Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium) with Subutex, Suboxone, Methadone bc you are at high risk for having a seizure which could very likely kill you. Take it from someone who knows and is lucky to be alive. I had a seizure that almost killed me. I was rushed in an ambulance to the hospital. I've never seen paramedics, nurses, doctors, and other medical staff and professionals look at me with such a scared and worried look on their faces. On top of it I almost lost an eye bc when I had the seizure I apparently fell and hit my head on a nail sticking out of a wall that ripped my forehead off, literally. If my husband at the time hadn't happened to have been off work that day and walked in and found me, I would have bled to death. So count your lucky stars that you're still here and able to judge and talk c**p to people you somehow think you're so much better than and more intelligent than. People are on these drugs for a reason. They were manufactured for a reason. People are called addicts for a reason. This sh*t is serious and it's a demon that most people will never overcome bc it's not as easy as you might think. I wish you luck and hope your baby is healthy. I'm sure he/she will be bc I just had my son 3 mid ago and he was completely healthy with no withdrawals and I was on Subutex 16mg throughout most of my pregnancy. My doc tapered me down to 8mg then 4mg two weeks before he was born. He informed me as long as I got down under 8mg two weeks before he was born that he would most likely have zero withdrawals. I did much research and worried daily as well as felt extreme guilt for taking Subutex. But if the benefits outweigh the risks then I urge anyone reading this who is feeling how I did, you are not a bad person or mother. Do what you feel in your gut is the right thing to do. Don't let people like this, a hypocrite who is on Subutex while pregnant that hasn't even completely come off, tell you that you are basically s**m. You should be rmbarvand ashamed of yourself for even writing comments like what you've said to these women who are scared and ashamed already. This is a topic of discussion that is for the truth, yes. But not for you to criticize women who are only looking for honesty but also reassurance from others who have already gone thru this. You need to go look at yourself in the mirror right now and honestly take a good look and ask yourself who you THINK you are, swallow some of that pride, and grow up. Keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about. Are you a doctor? I'm guessing not. Have you completed your pregnancy and were you able to completely stop Subutex prior to giving birth? Some of these woman have and that's awesome. So yes, it can be done but don't belittle others who haven't and might not be able to. It doesn't mean they are weak. It sure as hell doesn't mean you are stronger or better than anyone. So many others have been thru a hell you've probably never come close to with their addiction. To that person who is reading this, you are wise for seeking help and you are not trash bc it's people like this who make me feel like trash, like I'm a terrible person and mother for trying to do right and for wanting to be able to function every day, to feel normal, without having to take 10 Percocet a day, for wanting to be able to take care if my son without being sick as a dog. I don't want to have to worry about where I'm going to get some pills so I can function the next day. I don't want to get high, most people don't bc we are all tired of it all and want to be normal without spending all our money and being around drug dealers who sell the c**p. I dont want any of that for me and sure as hell not for my son. I want to spend my money and my time with him. I don't want to be looked at like I'm a piece of c**p bc I'm trying to do right. By the way, I'm in the Army. I've given my life away, to a contract. The government owns me. I did that willingly, yes. But it disgusts me to know I gave my freedom away to serve people like you who think you're so high and mighty. I pay my bills, I live a respectable life. But I have a problem with which I chose to get help. We are among society and most of us you see everyday and you have no clue that those people that "disgust you" might be your boss, your favorite Aunt or Uncle, your doctor that performed your open heart surgery that made it possible for your heart to keep on beating in which you are still alive and able to run your mouth to decent women about a subject you are obviously extremely naive an unintelligent about. I'm going to stop here. I was only going to say a sentence but it turned into a book bc it upsets me that much. I let your words get to me I know. But it's bc it's so sad that you think your words don't affect people obviously. These people that are here asking for advice and insight not to get badgered and lectured by a hypocrite. I wonder who you are and what your story is. You are probably just as scared as all these other women or you wouldn't have found this forum. Just please, keep your hatefulness to yourself. Don't try to scare and shame others when you yourself are in the same predicament. I truly wish you and your little one all the best. Please take some time to reflect on your words and actions. You don't know who might read what you said one day and end up terminating their pregnancy bc they feel they aren't strong enough to come completely off Subutex and can't possibly fatham the thought of putting their unborn child thru the pain they've endured of withdrawals. Your words can and will cause irreparable damage. If you can live with that and sleep at night knowing that or don't care then there is something seriously wrong in your mind and heart. That is all. Good luck to everyone. If anyone would like to comment or have any questions or concerns that you'd like to ask or share with me please know I've been thru much and I've also had my baby while on Subutex (methadone during the first 2 mos) and everything is fine. I'll even give you my personal email so you know it is confidential. We are supposed to be here for each other. Not slam each other. Thanks, much love ❤

I came across this discussion board & I want my story to be heard especially by any pregnant woman taking subutex! I gave birth via csection to a baby boy on feb. 15th,2013 @8:05am I was on 8 mgs of subutex a day.. My obgyn knew I was on it.. He was a little worried cause he wasn't familiar with it.. So he called for a nicu nurse to be in the room... My son was perfect the first day even the nicu nurse said we got a good baby here! I was so relieved! Well my worst fear came 24 hours later on Saturday feb.16th at 9 am in the morning my son had 2 high scores & the nicu doctor came to my room & broke the news to me my baby was going to nicu for mild withdrawal symptoms :( I was devastated & still am! He's going to be there a couple weeks but he's getting tampered every 3 days & he's scoring low again & just doing normal baby stuff! He didn't have excessive crying but he did have sneezing, tremors & jittery jaw & wet stool.... But I also want everyone to know that his nicu doctor told me if I would've quit while pregnant he probably wouldn't be alive! And she said it doesn't matter how much or how little subutex your on while pregnant! She said every baby reacts different to it there is something to do with their metabolism & genes... I feel awful & I'm heartbroken that I couldn't bring my baby home! He was full term 7lbs 15oz & he's doing great! I love the nicu nurses & doctor! My son has his own little room w his own little crib & he gets great care in the middle of the night when I'm not there! I live at the hospital during the morning & day time to feed, kangaroo & talk to my baby... You can't tell anything is wrong w him he's perfect! And the nurses & doctors told me to not beat myself up about this! I did the right thing & was 100% honest about my subutex program! I just want every mom to be aware that no matter how much subutex your own according to my sons nicu doctor it's a hit or miss... So just keep that in mind.. She also reassures me he's not in a life threatening situation & he's going to come home it's just a matter of how long it takes them to tamper him off the meds...

Hi, i read ur post and Im hoping my experience can help u.. I was taking 24mg of suboxone when i found out i was pregnant. My sub Dr. Switched me over To Subutex immediatly.my obgyn and sub dr Said it Could B harmful to The baby If i .my sub dr.Had Several girls with healthy Babys with very little or no withdraw symptoms while On subutex...i Did Cut down To 16mgs of the Subutex but i Stayed on that up until 2 days before delivery. (Since My first baby was c section I had a Scheduled C Section so they Had me Stop taking It 2 days before..) My Son was born perfectly healthy 7lb 0oz 20" long.based on The hospitals tests he experienced zero withdraw symptoms.. The only thing I noticed when we were home from the Hospital was every Now n Then when he was asleep his arms would twitch..it wasnt major n it didnt happend alot.i dunno if that was even related to the Subutex ..but other than that he was perfect..i dont think it Matters What dose one is on Because every Baby is differant.... if U hav Any questions feel Free to Message me.. i hope All gies well with u and ur baby!!! Congrats!!

Hi im in the same boat as your self except im on a 2mg subutex .im around 3mths and will be off this in 1 mth .do ur detox at ur own rate and do whats best for you n baby .u will get there and be drug free but you have to want this .do it safe and do it at ur pace .good luck with this i wish u all the best

Ere yiy .you ate mental .u shout u shouldnt tske subutex when pregnant .but you still do .u take a 4mg sub .so take ur nasty self of the site .these woman need help n advice .u just shan crack them all with ir c**p advice im a 2mg sub ready to come off .im only 10 weeks .i detoxed before getting pregnant may be you should have done same and kept your pants on .dafty

I sent message at bottom of page for user called boosya

hi i am also 3 months pregnant and my family does not know i am on it for the same reason your family does not know . i am very nearvous about being on this and having a baby i take 8mgs a day my doc told me he has had 5 girls have babies and none of the babies had any withdrawls and they were on 16 mgs . you can also breast feed on subutex . i am in the same boat as you and i have no one to talk to . stay healthy and good luck im sure all will be fine and u will have a happy healthy baby !!!!!

Hello, I just wanted to add my past experience as well, and u are the first person I have seen on her that would still be pregnant after ur post. In 2010, I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy, 7lb. 12oz. Baby boy and was taking 12 mg. of subutex a day, since being 2 wks preg. He had NO withdrawals at all! I am currently 35 wks preg. now, and am prescribed 6mg. of subutex a day, and everything is going well so far. If this pregnancy is anything like my other 2, I'll probably be having her in the next 3 wks., and am expected by my chosen hospitals regulations, to be down to at least 4 mg. If you see this and get back w/ me, I'll keep you updated when I have her on how everything goes for your piece at mind. Good luck, and I hope my past and current experience helps.