I am ten weeks pregnant and im 40 yrs old. Unexpected but miracle baby however ive been prescribed subutex for a year due to injuries that led me to taking high doses of ppain killers. I as all you other expecting mothers, concerned about the health of my child. Situations seem to be different for each mother taking subutex. As of anything i still find it best to play it as safe as possible. I also was told to not play with my dose however i wish more after birth stories wouldpost with mothers being 100% honest with their stories. Sadly their are countless mothers that are damned if they do and damned if we dont. Pregnancy though wonderful are usually not planned. I happy to have found a site where we can,talk get insight and get peace thru our experiences. right now im definately curbing back but maintaing comfortable. I hope to have more advice. I will continue to post monthly and check regularly for you all.Godbless all mommies and babies

Im ten weeks pregnant and ive been prescibed subutex for a year. Ive posted my story as well. I like all you mommies to be is nervous and seemed searching for the right answers however ive come to find that each pregnancy is different. We all no that the best and for sure way to keep our child from the,effects of subutex is to simply not to take but its not that simple,right? Here is what I am for sure. My neice just gave birth and she was taking subutex the whole pregnancy prescribe. She absolutely told her dr. which is probably best unless you are 100% for sure u can get this drug out of you and child by birth. The baby weighed 6 14. Very beautiful. After a day the baby sneezed yawned and was more fussy then normal With watery poop:-( however no meds were gave to the baby and she came home in three days. She still is not sleeping great but what baby does? Lol. I feel that her low dose kept baby from major wd. Now this is just my story.

Do you know how low of dose your niece was taking?

I really need help. I am addicted to opiets and I am trying to stop. I have taken suboxon before but I can not take the taste it makes me throw up. You think  a doctor will let me take subutex even if I am not pregnant? Please let me know as soon as you can.

I am due april 10th and having tremendous anxiey over my baby being born on subutex.. i take between 2 and 4 mgs a day for the whole nine months, and have supportive doctors. But i am DREADING leaving my son at the hospital and coming home depressed. I could use support as well. thanks!

Im due april 10th and on 2mgs and am soooo nervous about the guilt i will have leaving him in the hospital. i only hear horror stories, so thank you for ur post!

id love to get your email elliot2285... i need someone to talk to with my beliefs..

I know this post is really old but I saw your comment on this post and that it was only 10 months ago, and thought that I'd might have a chance. I'm 27 years old and 12 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I'll tell you a little about my background. I've been using and relapsing over and over for the past 7 years. I've now been sober for 1 year with the help of Suboxone. For the past 6 months I havent been able to afford the Suboxone so my husband goes to a dr. and we split the script. I've weaned myself down from 16mg over the past year to 1mg. And my husband gets prescribed Subutex because he's allergic to the Naloxone. So when I found out I was pregnant I was already taking Subutex and I was taking 2 mg..over the past month I've gone down to 1mg. My question is, I'm really scared that I won't be able to just STOP. I know I'm only on 1mg but when I try to go 1 day without taking it, I feel the WD's creeping in and I know that maybe some of it it the pregnancy , and maybe some of it in my head. But I get scared because I know any WD's are not safe for the baby. I don't know if I should try to go to a DR of my own and get a legit script or just keep doing what I'm doing and HOPE that I can quit here in the next few weeks. I feel stupid going to a dr and saying..I need a little a crumb practically. But then again I want the best for the baby, and if I need to stay on 1mg during my pregnancy. Then maybe I do. If you could please reply, it would be great! I just want to be off this medicine, it's time. Just don't want to cause harm to my baby if 1mg is still enough to make the baby suffer in there while I'm going through slight WD's. Thank you!

how can u women be so selfish?! get an abortion if u cant stop using drugs. no child deserves to be brought into this world screwed up on drugs!!

be so selfish? you think an abortion is better???  why would you be on this site if you are not on it yourself, you hypocrite. you are the one looking foolish, not these women on here trying to get help. no one needs to be judged. do u think taking oxycodone, or other pain killers are better? read up on the materials before you post something  uneducated like you have

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

i am 39 weeks on subutex 4mg per day, i know exactly how you feel none of my family knows i am on it. just work on winging yourself down. i was on 32mg per day when i found out that i was pregnant and i have slowly been tapering myself down. Don't ever just stop abruptly toooo dangerous for fetus

I had my son 3 years ago and took 16 mgs of Subutex the entire pregnancy. My ob gyn was aware of it. I was induced at 39 weeks and it was rough because baby was not ready to come out. He was born and great so ob gyn left. Then while holding my son he started coughing up brown stuff and they grabbed him and took him to the NICU. Well, apparently, even though my doc knew I was on Subutex and it was also in my paperwork with the hospital, they thoughtiI was on drugs and said my son was having bad withdrawals. They even called social services on me. They kept my son in the hospital for 45 days and he was on morphine the entire time. I'm not sure why the fact that I was on Subutex was overlooked but I think that they treated it more severly because they thought I was a dope addict. I put all my trust into the professionals and did not discuss it with anyone during labor, I just assumed they knew and everything was okay. If I could do it over, I would have talked to the staff at the hospital about it before I had him and maybe things would have happened differently. So, I suggest, for all the pregnant ladies on Subutex, even though your ob gyn knows, you should definitely talk to the hospital staff about it too. I truly feel like my situation would have been handled differently had I done that. They immediately treated my child as if he was a heroin baby and treated me horribly. The caseworker from social services, after a month, admitted that they made a mistake but yet it would still be on record that we were investigated. Very messed up. Don't let this happen to you! It is probably a lot easier now too because this happened 3 years ago and I'm sure the hospitals have more experience with it now. Good luck!

Sweetheart,I am 3 months pregnant,and in the same sort of situation as you.My clinic had me sign a form that exolains the risks of withdrawal the baby MAY have after birth,but also agreed not to get off subutex until I have the baby at the very least.The big worry I have is that I do not want DCF in my room trying to take my baby because it was born on subutex,but I am doing everything I am supposed to,take my meds every day,never miss appts,give clean urines,and also see an addiction counselor.So,I am just as scared as you are..Maybe we can offer each other support,and we can talk..

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi, I just read your post, I know it was over a year ago, but i was wondering how everything worked out for you and your baby? I have been on subs for 3 years and I am 6w3d pregnant. I stress myself out over it constantly!!! Do you have any advice? Can you give me hope? I was taking 12mg daily but I am down to about 4 now, but I dont think I can go any lower without feeling sick again. Please any response will be greatly appreciated!!

Mamashaw, I see that you posted here about a week ago, one of the latest post here.... I am 6w3d and also on subs. I have no support system besides my bf, but he is also on subs and doesn't have to worry about harming our baby. Maybe we can chat and help each other out? I am not prescribed the medicine because I am not insured as of yet, but I am not sure if I should tell my doctor that I am taking it when I have my first appt. This is my 2nd pregnancy (besides a mc in august at 4 weeks, 4 days after I found out) I wish I could be happy about it and not insecure and so down on myself. Please reply if you would like to talk and support each other!! I'd love some advice from someone in a similar situation. I have written to many women on forums like this, but have not received any replies as all the forums are 2 or 3 years old. Hope to hear back from you, and congrats on your pregnancy, good luck and Gob Bless! xo