hey girl congrats..i just wanted to let u know i ve been on subutex 4 4 yrs i m currently 41 weeks prego ..i go in on mon 4 inducin which is no cause of the subutex..he s 9 pounds and healthy ..i highly recommend findin a pain management doc he will put u on subutex it s safer then suboxone ..u need to do this because they will take ur child if u don t hav a prescription ..everything will b fine i ve had no complications i will let u know exactly what happenes at birth but u need to find a doc i wish u lots of luck..oh i m on 8 mg a day.. gl hope this helps!!

Thanku soo much! There is a hospital here with a addiction outpatient program i plan on looking into. I hooe that since i am seeking help they wont hold it against me. This is the only place in the area that accepts my insurance so im guna go for it. Plz let us know how the birth goes and congrats on ur lil bundle of joy!

@ Katkel55 Congrats on the new baby!! was wondering how your birth went? I am currently 5 weeks pregnant and my doc just switched me to subutex. I was wondering if the baby had any affects from the subutex or if your baby had to stay in the hospital?

I had my baby via c section due to a failed induction at 41 weeks. I had labor pains for 2 days and was not dialating, after pitocin the babies heart rate dropped they decided to get her out asap. A week before i delivered, i stopped my subutex. I was only on a tiny chil off a quarter of a 8 mg pill. I didnt taper. I skipped days to get my tolerance down. It worked alot better for me. When i stopped sub a week before my baby came, i took vik 5 s once a day to get thru the first 3 days. By the time labor pains set in i had not taken anything for 2 days. At the hospital they gave me morophine.. It didnt do much contraction wise, n since i was gettinf pitocin, they gave me the epidural.. It was heaven! Post c section, i was on morophine drip for two days. Third and forth day just percocet n motrin. Tnever mentioned sub use to any of the nurses or my OB. I got lucky. After 4 days at the hospital, i was able to come home with baby. She had not one symptom of NAS. They even checked her blood im sure and she must have tested clean. Mine as well. She is 10 days old now, and i e watched her carefully for any signs, and she is perfectly healthy. I think if i didnt cut my dosage i might be in a different situation. I was consistantly taking 4-6 mg up till 4 months. After that i quit for 3 weeks. I started again but only took crumbs off a half a quarter. Very tiny amount and i did just fine. I think stopping before my due date n just taking pain pills to help at the bad times helped too. I was concerned about withdrawl n how it would affect her, but she always remained active. I even had stress tests done in the middle of a "quit time period" and she was absolutely thriving. So maybe it is true that the baby only receives a tiny bit of ur dose and if ur dose is so low, she received next to nothing. But then girls say that they were on much higher doses n baby had no nAs. Its still a mystery. Thats was my birth story i hooe it helps any moms who spent countless hours searching for answers as i did for 9 months.

I had two babys on subutex and they were completely fine, I breastfeed them both and the first child nursed for two yrs. And the second only 6 months. I am pregnant again and still on subutex. I never told any of my doctors I was on the subutex, I just knew if I nursed them they would be fine. My obgyn told me after the first trimester I could get off the subutex so I told him I did the first time and never said anything the second. Don't feel longer I could get away with this again. I just didn't want to have my babies taken from me. I need to detox off subutex,i am 6 weeks pregant on 4miligrams. Any advice of people who tryed it. Just wanted to let people know the babies are ok born on subutex and now they are saying you can breastfeed. Which I couldn't take away from them.

jenn my girlfreind is 7mth and addicted to hydrocodone take about 40 to 60 mgs a day i was wondering if the withdrwl syntoms would be worst from the lortab (hydrocodonne) or the subutex. ive been trying to help her wuth a way out

Hydros are definetly worse especially if she doesn't have a script for them. I think they test you as doin as you get to the hospital so they are going to know something and could possibly take the baby from her. So I would day subutex would be much better at this point.

I hade been on Suboxone for over a year and I was taking 8-12mg per day when I found out I was pregnant in 2008. My Dr. switched me to subutex right away. I weaned myself down (by my own choice) and was only taking 1mg per day when my son was born (I wanted to get off completely but the withdrawls were too difficult especially when combined with all the great pregnancy side effects). He was born a healthy 7lbs. 13oz. My OB kept us in the hospital an extra day to mointor him and he had NO withdrawl symptoms. My OB drug tested both of us and I was very surprised that we both tested negative for subutex! The 1mg per day was such a small dose that my body metabolized it so quickly. My son is now 3 1/2 yrs old and has not had any health, behavioral or developmental problems. Over the years I went back up to 8mgs per day. I am now 34wks pregnant with my second child and am still on subutex. I have tried to get down to 1mg per day like I did with baby #1 but I have long standing back issues/pain and it's just way too intense for me to go below 3-4mg per day. My Dr has told me over and over that they have found "it makes little to NO difference for withdrawl symptoms in infants if you are on 1mg or 16 mgs of subutex when you give birth". This is not saying babies do not have withdrawl symptoms it's just saying the dosage doesn't have any effect on whether your baby will or will not have them. Usually (not always) Subutex withdrawl symptoms in infants is very minimal to nothing. I will post again after my newest addition arrives and let people know if the 1mg vs. 3-4mg made any difference with baby withdrawls. This is just my story, I hope it helps someone else. I know the terrible fear and guilt of not knowing how this medication will effect our little ones. Best of luck moms and dads!! :)

I was just reading what u wrote I'm in the same situation I'm on the Suboxone too but I'm scared to take the subutex I want my baby to be safe and healthy. I don't know wht to do I was gonna do the same thing and try to stop and take nothing but everything I hear is not to just stop because of miscarriage.

If u are afraid of a possible miscarraige the safest time to quit is during the second trimester. Thats what the doctors tell you. 1st and 3rd trimesters are too risky. I quit from 4-6 mg during my second trimester and baby was just fine. As long as you keep comfortable as possible to keep your body calm and your blood pressure down baby and tou will be ok. I even went to the emergency room during my detox. I was scared about misscarraige to the point where i wanted to make sure she was ok. The last thing u will want to do during withdrawls is eat and drink, but u must and its better if u have somebody that understands to help care for u during ur "sick" time. The worst part is the restless legs that starts around day 3-5. It does pass. I did take pain killers during the worst of it to take the edge of and rest. Music helps too anything to keep ur mind busy. If u want to stay on, i recomend u skil sub for a few days to a week just to get ur tolerance down, and cut ur dose in half.but only do so in the second trimester just to be safe. I used sub till the 2 nd trimester, quit for a month n started again but on the tiniest dose.. Like .25 mg. baby had no withdrawls at all. She is very advanced.
Good luck in what u decide to do and worry not about staying on sub as long as u can manage to cut that dose.

Girl I am pregnant and also on subitem 16 mgs a day and also my family.and friends have no idea that I take anything anymore because of them having to put up with my addiction before!!! My husband and I act like life is great for us without anything I live in Missouri if u need someone I'm here our situations are too much alike for us not to talk

KatKel55 wrote:

HuniGems182 wrote:

I am 32 weeks pregnant and been taking subutex for years. I tried to quit in my second trimester and after 3 weeks of still feeling unable to function, i slowly slipped back into it. I only take lil tiny crumbs i chip off an 8 mg pill. So im guessing i average 1-2 mg a day. I try to even cut that down. My main concern is i am getting them off the street.. How do i go about seeing andoctor that can get me on a legit script? Im very afraid cps will get involved since indont have a real script. Also i read from other women that their baby was either born fine. Or with only slight withdrawls which makes me feel better but i cant help but wonder if it has sumthin to do with dosage??

I just had a baby on 10/7/2012 and I was on 12mg of subutext. He was born w/o withdrawl symptoms and there was no subutext in his urine. I had a c-section and was given percocet. I decided that this would a good opportunity to stop the subs because I have been on them for years. The first week was fine, but I woke up yesterday on day 8 and was in full blown withdrawl with was weird because I am on pain medication. I am going to call the doctor today to see whats going on because I definitely didn't expect this 8 days later. I am worried that the withdrawl symptoms will be worse once I'm done w the percocet today... I only have 2 pills left.

I am not trying to worry anyone, I'm just giving my experience since it happened just a few short days ago.

Good luck with your pregnancies and babies!

im about 2 1/2 months pregnant and i was on suboxone when i found out 12mgs and they switched me over too 8mgs of subutex i dont take the full 8mg i take about half or less because of my guilt i try to just push thought my withdawls.. i have a healthy 5 yearold daughter and im very scared that subutex can have an effect in a bad way. i know ive been reading that the babys are born healthy as long as you dont abuse it and they might have minor withdawrl or none at all... then im told not to always believe what you read online. i just really need to calm my mind down and know that my baby is okay and that someone has been throught this before with me and understands me and knows everything is okay or someone that can be honest!%-) please thank you so much

you shoudl talk to you obgyn and explain too them there should be some way around it for a pregnant person because its involing a baby. they should be able to help you juust be open and honest

First of all, the only "safe" way to have a healthy baby is to not take any medications at all! No if's and or but's. I've been on 16 mg of suboxone for over ten years and as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I've lowered my dose to 4 mg of subutex in two weeks!!! Secondly, you can NOT miscarry from detox. That's an urban legend and I think you're endangering your baby more by staying on medication! I'm only 6 weeks along and before I got pregnant, I was one Xanax, suboxone, clonidine, and lexapro. In the past two weeks I have stopped takin every single medication and have lowered myself to 4 mgs! Oh and I was on adderall as well! Do you plan on being medicated for the rest of your life. You know you can't breast feed in suboxone as well. The only way tgarauntee a healthy baby is too GET OFF THE MEDICATION!!! Seriously!!! If you're so worried about your child, go to a doctor  and tell them truth and stop dope friending you and your baby. This is ridiculous! I'm sorry but to me it's no contest. A few weeks of detox for me compared to a lifetime of good health for my child, well there is just no question! If you can't see that, well then I think all of you need to stop with the dope friending and think I about something other than yourselves and your comfort for once! Ugh! I'm disguisted!