I am 15 wks preg and taking 6 mg of subutex. I am trying to wean completely off before my third trimester.  The reason I am determined to be off the meds is bc I have two other children that were both born addicted to subutex. It was the worst experience I have ever gone through. With my son I was son a high dose of 24mg so when I got pregnant with my daughter I went down to 2mg hoping that being on a kow dose would keep her from withdrawls but I was wrong and she also had to be medicated like my son only she stayed for 30 days and my son was only there for 14 days. I guess there is something in my genes and such that cause my children to go through withdrawls. I can't see another one of my children go through this agony again. I know you all are saying that I shouldn't have had another child, well this one was a complete surprise so now I have to deal with all this stress, anxiety and guilt and try to do what is right for my baby and get off subutex slowly and safely and give it the best chance I can. If anyone has weaned off while pregnant I would appreciate to know how it went and how you went about the weaning process.

Hi everyone, I'm not on any medication and have never had to go through the riggers of medication for any kind of addiction. I've actually never been on drugs but my gf, who is now 7 months pregnant made bad decisions a few years ago and has been clean for a few years now but is prescribed subutex and has weaned her dosage with her dr during this pregnancy but cries everyday worried that CPS is gonna take our child because she is on subutex she actually had a consultation with her dr about getting off all together but he advised this was dangerous and that weening down was her best option. I would fight for my child until the end of anything like this would happen. I'm a fit father with no drug history and she is a great person with a haunted past so I'm curious how this is gonna play out since sheets with her dr weekly and is monitored and is prescribed on this medication. We live in virginia so any information would be useful.

My sister just had twins, she was on pills heavy before she was pregnant the minute she found out she was she got suboxen off the street she was honest with her on and he switched her to subutex safer while pregnant. And social services is notified the minute they where born and he on told her they would be prior to delivery the main reason was they wanted d to monitor and make sure she didn't go back to pills. They came to her home until they where 3 months justto be sure she ddidn't start using again. Yes cps will be called but if u don't lie and continue with ur subutex you'll be fine

I hope everything was okay with ur baby. Best thin to do is tell ur Dr he would give u a script for subutex safer for babies. And then ur insurance would cover it as well

Hi! I know you post was a while ago just wondering how things went? I had my son while on 1mg but increased throughout pregnancy because I had kidney stones 5 times. I only increase 2mg, my so was healthy no signs of withdrawal.

hey iam about to deliver a baby boy . in 3 days on Monday and was wondering how bad would he have to go thru withdraw if I stopped 3 days before and I've been taking between 8and a half mg. Pill or sometimes 2 of the 8 Mg's. Please tell me why I should expect

Did the doctors find out you were on suboxone not prescribed?

do you have an account in addictionrecoveryguide?