did your hair grow back after plucking from your chin?

I do that too! It's usually when I'm stressed and need someething to satisfythe craziness. I have a favroite pair of tweezers that i use all the time to pick out my hairs. The ingrown hairs are what draw me in the most and I sometimes spend many many minutes trying to dig one out. It frustrates me when i can't get it and I'll grow anxious until it is out completely and then extreme relief when it is finally gone. I'm not why I do this, but I just love the feeling of ftaking out my tweezers and sitting down in front of the mirror. Does anyone know if this is a condition which needs to be diagnosed by a doctor?

Try holding a piece of ice on an inflammed areaa after you have picked the hair out with tweezers. I know it doesn't get rid of the bacteria or anything that could cause it to become infected, but it does reduce the sweeling and inflammation. I especially use this when picking from the face.

I've always been a picker and about four years ago I discovered plucking my chin while going after an ingrown hair. I only had very pointed tweezers then and I was always going too deep. I got some good slanted ones from a beauty supply house and I've stopped the bleeding. The only time I stop is if I'm on vacation or out of the house. If I feel a whisker on my chin or mustache it makes me nuts. And yes, it does feel good. I pluck a sort of reverse goatee and mustache, as that's all I can get to easily. It doesn't feel good when I do the ones on my cheeks. Also my ear hair and crazy nose hairs - I leave most of the ones in my nose alone. Need them for what they were intended. I love when I get one that's been curled up under the skin and is an inch long when you pull it out. Has anyone noticed how some whiskers seem to stretch while pulling on them?

Without a doubt. This is an amazing experience. it feels soar..yet satisfying to do it. I've been doing it and then immediately putting peroxide on it afterwards and you can feel the bubbles clean out the pores. My whole face tingles afterwards..mmm.....clean and satisfied.

Wow! I have been plucking hairs out of my face for years now, but not excessively. I do get great pleasure when out of doing it, but I actually like my facial hair and like it to come in thicker, so the plucking takes away from the thickness of my beard which I don't like. I also only seem to do it when I'm very stressed or nervous such as now at 4:00 am when I have a final exam in 4 hours. And that is the most frustrating part. When I have the most important things to do I seem to need to do this and it makes it very hard to get things done in a timely manner. My areas of focus change, but now I like to do the area that connects my mustache to chin and also below my lip or the "flavor savor." Oh yeah and I love to rub the follicle on my lip after I get a good one too! :-)

WOOOOW!!!!! I was thinking I was the only person who did this this is so crazy. I have an obsession with plucking hairs and I dont even remeber when it began. Its like if I feel hirs under my chin it sends electricity through my body if I cn pluck it this is really bothering me cause we really do have an dsorder. I check out wiki and the disorder tric or whatever its called doesnt fit my profile its something else that triggers this we are all from diffferent background but yet we still have this common denominater and I know other who do this as well I want to know whats th cause.

Oh my dayz i'm a FacePlucker too. I love to Pluck-pluck-pluck-ah-rooo!! I totally thought i wuz on my own. i'm 26yrz & started at 14yrz. I'm doin' it right now as we speak. It's like acupuncture but in reverse. I usually spend hours in search of the ultimate hair. Me fave spot is the right side of me chin. I've been doin' it so long i can usually pre-determine the prize ( whether its gonna have black gue or white jelly). A few yearz back i had this freakishly thick hair ( about 5 hairs thick ) that would alwayz appear on me chin, it wuz heaven. I used 2 collect it every time. Then one day he never came back. How i miss that lil' fella. I've got super thick stubble anyway n i shave everyday wivout fail... but 3hourz later i can have a nice pluck. Sometimes i fantasize about havin' a hair so thick on me chin that when i pluck it, there'd be a lil' ( visible ) whole left over. Imagine the fun u guyz could have. I'd pull him out real slow.
Ok so i thought i wuz a freak b4 i read all your blogz... & now after goin' over my own blog ( that i'm writin' now ) it's been confirmed, i am a freak! I wouldn't have it any other way though. But on a serious note i wanna thank u guyz for bein' freaks, cuz i totally thought i wuz on my own.
By the way.... its awesome bein' part of the crazily-small percentage of ppl with TTM.... i'd hate 2 be ordinary ( its me worst nightmare ).

What a good thing to hear! Plucking is so freaking awesome. Does anyone else save the hair?

oh my, the joy of finding this topic and all these replies
i believe im a trichotillomanic as all of u.. particularly when im studying.. and an hour later, i cant express the joy of seeing a sea of chin hairs on my notebook, then to collect them all and admire my pile of hair plucking accomplishment. :-( i used to have a real nice goatee, now i have patches. according to wikipedia, the best treatment is habit reversal training, which i dono wtf that is but more on that later

What a delight to find this discussion! I do and feel exactly as the people above. Coming from a small town, South Africa, I always thought I'm a bit odd but then again I don't really care. As a kid I used to pluck my eye lashes, when that was all out I went about taking the hair out of my forehead bunches at a time. My dad actually gave me corporal punishment for doing this. Somehow I managed to stop as I realized this behavior affected my appearance in a negative way.

a Couple of years went by and brought puberty. Now there was a whole lot of new hairs growing and I couldn't resist. This time the hairs growing was of such a nature that it was ok to be removed. I get great pleasure from plucking hair from all over my face and rest of the body. Obviously leaving those that one normally would like to stay like the ones on my head, eye lashes and eyebrows. I find it attractive when a body has little hair. What remains should be short and well maintained. Hair growing around the private areas are rolled between my fingers and plucked out in bunches. I will put everything out on display so I can assess the size of the harvest before I throw it away. I always travel with a little mirror and pincers.

The most pleasure I have is when I can get someone to do the pulling out for me. This is mostly done around the face. I can then relax and enjoy the pain. Believe it or not but I will actually fall asleep while my boyfriend goes about pulling out what little beard and nose hair I've got. I like to see the hair go as I feel it doesn't belong on my body. It's like "removing a splinter" from my body. The thicker and darker in colour the more joy to see it go.

Though I pluck some of them, you might want to think about keeping some of your nose hairs. They do help keep dust and allergens from being inhaled. Everything that was once was a booger is now in your lungs...

I just went though all the posts here. Everyone is so happy to see they are not the only person to suffer with Trichotrillomania (did I spell it right?). Sad thing is nobody mentioned whether there is any treatment for this. I'd went through the wikipedia page and yes it clearly mentions that this is a mental disorder, yeah we have mental disorder :-).

I'm also suffering with this disorder for years(I'm 26 now). So is my father and my aunts. This is hereditary and all my dad's blood relative like to pluck hairs from different parts of their body (ew, it sounds so bad). As far I remember, I started plucking my eyebrows first, then underarms hairs and now for past 7-8 years, my facial hairs. Esp hairs on my chin because they are easy to pluck and didn't hurt at all. I'm a male so my facial hairs grow quite fast. But since I don't like to keep a beard, I don't mind plucking my hair. But to keep the world unaware of my ugly habbit, I have to shave in 2-3 days otherwise people might start asking why there are no hairs on chin. My mother and sister are well aware of this habbit since they always see me plucking my hairs and they try to stop me as much as they can.

But I'm feared of getting this problem more and more severe since I stay away from home and neither my mother nor sister is here to stop me. Sometimes during work I get so much occupied in plucking my hair that I can't concentrate on work at all. If I try to avoid plucking, in trying that I get ever more occupied with it and can't work at all. I think I waste as much as 2-3 hours a day in just plucking my hairs. Now I'm planning to seek some medical help on this problem. Even if does not help, I'm planning to remove all my facial, underarm hairs with laser treatment. I'm hope I'll not be trying to pluck hairs where it hurts a lot.

SOOO I LOVE Plucking Hair.  I've had trich for about 5 years now.  I constantly do it in the same place under my chin (chin/neck area) weekly.  It feels good though.  It actually has gotten to a point now, however, that I barely can feel the majority of the hairs that I pull.  It's as if it's all desensitized. Anybody else have this problem?  Also does anyone else save them?  about a year ago i started putting each little pluck session into a ziplock back and saving the small plucked guys.  the bag is about half full.  ???  Freak right....  I know!

This is unbelievable! I have a very thin eyebrow line. I pluck hairs that are thick and have those black pulpy roots. I also pluck out grays. I have thought about my addiction a lot. I do not like to pluck fine, brown hairs on my face or head. It's the contrast of the thick, darker, and gray against my light brown hair color that drives me crazy! As a child, I had a habit of blinking a lot. My grandfather (who was NOT a doctor) looked at my eyes and said he had seen a case like this before. He said I had infected eyelashes.I was grossed out and plucked out every single eyelash I had! My mother was so upset and took me to the doctor. The doctor said there was nothing wrong with my eyes except that I had a blinking twitch. My sixth-grade school picture shows a chubby girl with NO eyelashes whatsoever. I eventually stopped plucking. My lashes grew back really nice. After having children, I began to grow just a few hairs on my chin and neck. I became a plucker AGAIN! The hairs are really not visible unless you are looking for them. I use a very high magnification mirror. That allows me to see them easily, and they appear so much bigger and longer. I pluck the very few grays I have on my head, this includes my hairline. It really looks ridiculous. I also get carried away plucking my eyebrows and my eyelashes. I had gone through a period where I'd pluck the hair on my arms, but haven't done that for a long time. Plucking the hair on any part of my head and neck does not hurt. I often think about getting a microscope to examine the root and follicle when I pluck. Yes, there must be a support group for people like me....There must also be some kind of cure! BTW, I sometimes beg my husband to let me pluck from his brows and face too.