This is hilarious. I also thought I was on my own with this crazy fetish. I sit down on my couch with a mirror and tweezers and pick away. I LOVE that feeling when you get one after about a 25 minute battle with an undergrounder. My kids laugh at me when I do this, but they just don't undertand the pleasure:).

I have been trying to research for days on end, I started out pulling my beard hairs out and then poking around my mouth with the hairs for the little pokey pain. But as time has went on I now find myself using my middle, ring and pinky finger to push my skin upwards close to my mouth on my chin. Then using my thumb or my pointer finger to apply pressure to my stubble and move my finger around a little and I get the same pain but more of it as if I was just poking myself with a single hair. I still pull hairs out from time to time. But I def spend most of my time just playing with my stubble now. It can get really irritated but that just makes it more pleasurable to me. I have not been able to find much of anything at all on this process except a small forum where a couple people acknowledged it a little bit as part of there trich

I feel exactly the same way as you do. I started growing facial hair when I was 18, and it was just so few that I thought that I might as well just pluck them and I don't have to shave that often. As I grew older, I started to grow more hair, but I still can't grow a full facial beard on the sides. I can only grow a few patches here and there, which really bothers me. If I could grow a full beard, I might as well just shave. I have to admit that I love the feeling of not having any facial hair at all, and it has become an obsession.

You have the same disorder that i do.. Trichotilomania, look it up :)

When I read your story on Steadyhealth.com. I was amazed. My story is exactly the same. Started in my early 20's with pulling out a few beard hairs with my fingernails to facilitate a zit clearing up. Then again and again without the zit. At first only in certain areas. Then the areas expanded but still does not include some areas that hurt more. At some point I started using tweezers. The last I counted I had 6 pairs. In my active areas, the pain is more acceptable and results in a perverse kind of pleasure. At first, I think it occurred when I was anxious but now ......whenever.

I just won't an hour watching here plucking videos on YouTube and I don't know why but it turned me on

For me it is not painful. I just like the feeling of the hair coming out by the roots. Then I like to bite the bulb on the end. I especially can't stand it when there is a different color hair growing in a group. I always have to pluck the odd color one out. I seldom have to shave because I have plucked all of my facial hair out.

I want to stop. What is the treatment?

I always thought I was the only one. My beard is starting to look patchy and I'm worried it won't grow back. It's growing back now, just smaller lighter colored hairs.. I've been doing this for years now and can't seem to stop

I am obsessed with it and it isn't a small beard either it's been growing for almost 9 months once I pull the hair out I also pull it at both ends to break it in half

LOL! This is hilarious..

We're all in the same boat. I absofuckinglutely pulling my chin's hair out.. Specially the ones with couple of 'faces' to them if you know what I mean. These bastards are on the right side of my chin and I just enjoy playing with them initially and then slowly pull them out, now that's what you call a heavenly feeling!

*goes back to pulling them out*

I keep reading about how repeated plucking will eventually kill the hair follicle but I've been plucking my mustache for 10 years and it's still the thickest, fastest-growing hair on my body by far.

Anyway, I started plucking it because I had a girlfriend in college that used to make fun of my permastache. I've quit plucking a few times and it just looks like I'm trying to grow a mustache.

I stick my hairs on paper or walls and it's really awkward trying to explain it to people when they find it. It's gross.

yes i do it too...rubbing those plucked hairs gives next level of satisfaction..specially this thick ones!!

As I recall, it started in my early twenties while I was dating my first serious girlfriend. I was originally plucking out the few gray hairs that were starting to come in. Then it progressed from there. Now, when when my moustache hairs reach fingernail pinchable length, I start plucking them out. The aftermath is usually a Charlie Chaplin/Hitler type moustache, which I'm embarrassed of, and shave it off. I wish I had never started it.