Yes! When I'm looking in the mirror abd there's one on the bottom of my chin and I try to get it but can't. I try to angle my head so that the hair can fall into the tweezer but to no avail. I eventually just hold the hair, if it's long enough , and put the tweezer on the straighten out haur and pull it out. The relief after.

I agree with the roots. After plucking it I just stare at it examining a piece of nature. To know that something that was a part of your body is in your hand. It's a weird thing but it fascinates me.

I deal with the exact same thing and have been dealing with it since 2009 or 2010. It started with just a few there were one offs, then it was just like you experienced. I started one night and the next thing I knew, I had plucked most of my cheeks. Its been that way ever since. It is really hard to deal with because it helps too much with anxiety, those small amounts of pain. It is fascinating, part of why I do it, but it puzzles me how this will end when I'm older. I've wondered if this is something I will need laser hair removal to get over, so I stop plucking altogether. I was told I suffer from tricholtrillmania, but I don't buy it, I think there is more to it than that. Obviously this is not normal or others would suffer from it all the same. I have depression and anxiety problems and believe I suffer from ptsd.

I thought I was the only one

Hmmmmm, i don't know much about this but i do know that people with ADHD figit. When people are consintrating  they don't notice all the time what they are doing, like me, i have a oral figit, meaning i do things like playing and wiggle my teeth or chew on my shirt. So you could just be a person that figits and dose stuff without always knowing! But like i said, i don't know much about this.

I'm female but do the same thing. Just wanted you to know that you're not alone.

I'm so glad I Googled "I can't stop plucking my face" and found this thread. I'm a guy, 30yo, and been embarrassed that I pluck my face for years now.
It seems there are a lot of us out there, all with various levels of this problem. And looks like the majority are at the point of exasperation, as I am myself.
I suffer with anxiety and depression which seems to be an issue for most of us that posted here, so in terms of a "cure" I think the root cause (excuse the pun) of the anxiety/depression is what we need to address. Plucking my face for hours a day is only one problem I suffer with that all stem from depression so I'm attempting to make changes to my lifestyle, social life, job etc in order to combat all the damn issues I've got at once.
It's not going to be easy, but if I don't try, I'm going to suffer with this plucking addiction forever.

Every time you touch your face and feel that whisker that "needs to come out" try finding something to do with your hands. Try something else, pick up a book you've never read, play snap with your Mrs, make a cake, have a w*nk, anything.. (you get the idea) Occupy your time and your hands.
This is only a suggestion that's popped into my head as I've been writing this post so is as much for me as anyone else that might take something from it :)

To all you pluckers out there, good luck

im the same way.. i love the ones with the white im fascinated by them... i wonder too what they are.... those feel the best to pull i can actually feel the pore stretch and then INSTANT relief

I started a few years ago too. I was plucking my eye brow to the point it started to look stupid which wasn't good! I've turned to my ears and facial hair under my chin. I don't care about growing a beard so I don't have much motivation to stop except it drives my wife nuts. :)

I pluck non stop, and am an active younger chewer for years. I do it in private and like the rest here am addicted

I do the same thing. I get a hair that is like it's on a nerve and it hurts. Plucking it out gives me relief. But then the ones next to it do the same thing and I end up plucking a big bare spot on my face. I even do it in my sleep my wife says. Certain pain pills make me want to do it more. I've had to shave off mustaches and goatees because I picked s big psrtnof it away. I feel a relief when I pull the right hair out, and many times it seems the root ball is abnormally large. But sometimes I just do it because of stress too. I have plucked my whole face once while recovering from a car accident and was on pain pills for a week.

I suffer the same , I do enjoy it but I don't like it, I have a goatee and develop bold spots because of it, but here's what I found that helps, the fidget spinner, yes, I grab it everytime I feel like plucking my beard/moustache and it stops me completely,

Its like pulling a splinter out the skin. Very satisfying i keep seeing comments about it stopping hair growth hope that's not the case for i want to grow a beard eventually

Just wanted to check in here as another guy who has done this. I always thought i was alone. I actually havent done it for almost 20 years but its kind of a long story. Kind of nice to know i'm not completely alone.

I just removed an entire hair follicle that was bothering me. bled a little but it was most gratifying. my hair is curly and I get a lot of ingrown hairs. I think thats where it started for me. barely decided to Google something today about my addiction. at least twice a day I am in the mirror for about 5 to 15 maybe 30 minutes sometimes , just plucking and picking away. it's bad. maybe a few hairs are ingrown , maybe not and i wil pluck them anyway, which leaves room to them to grow back under the skin. sometimes there are swollen irritated follicles that i dig the hair out of with a clean needle. then the tweezers. some re occurring, some new that I have created but i cannot stop. it gets worst every time I shave now my face is a mess. I know i waste time, I know I make things worst, but cannot for the life of me stop. I don't believe in OCD, ADD, therapy or much of the diagnosis for what it is. maybe that's the problem.