I had this symptom (area of burning/tingling on back) when I was a teen, and my doctor suggested that it came from damage to nerve endings in that spot from a chicken pox lesion (I had a mild case of chicken pox as a child). I was told it was nothing to worry about.

Cheers!

I am also having a tingling almost "bug" like feeling on my back near my left shoulder blade. It seems to have started around the same time I started weight lifting. I was thinking it was connected to sore muscles? It's just a very annoying feeling! I guess no one has come up with an answer to this?

I've got the same thing. Small area back left shoulder blade. Irritating and occasional sharp pain but mostly bearable. No idea what it is or what is causing it. Strange that most everyone has this in the same spot.

I'm in the same boat as the Guest from 01/23/09, I get it intermittently in between weights etc, but it's become more regular and irritating like a lot of people that have searched the 'Net for answers.

I've bookmarked this thread and will come back if I find anything, it's getting constantly irritating enough for someone like me to start worrying.

Like a bee sting feeling ....or a match held to a fine point in my right side just under shoulder blade. I thought it was a mole gone bad (but had no mole there). I got people to look at it and there is no kind of rash or anything. I did much research. I have found that it is most likely due to high acidity in my body. Buy some pee strips and test your ph/alkaline levels. Chances are you are very acidic. Add mucho greens to your life and stay away from red meats etc (in moderation of course). Cut out coffee. Drink water with lemon/lime wedges in it...never just water as it is acidic. This was advice from a naturopath I just got. I am going for live blood analysis tomorrow and will update. Most of the time it burns...but than sometimes it really feels like muscle strain so it's confusing. Hard to imagine a muscle with such a pinpointed heat to it. Anyhow will let u all know

i have the same thing. i think it has to do with some damaged nerves also. i've had it on an area on my right thigh, and ont he back of my right shoulder. the thigh one lasted for probably over a year, and was mostly numb and itchy and not bigger than 2 inches in diameter. the shoulder onedoesn't itch as much as burn and feel numb intermittently. it's getting worse lately and i get stabbing or pin pricking feelings. the one on my shoulder is bigger, probably 6 inches in diameter. i have never seen any sign of either of these affected areas on the outside of the skin.

What a relief to find so many others with the same problem, I thought I was going mad! Started a few months ago with an itching/tingling sensation on left shoulder blade and thought a new bra strap was irritating it. Then I realized it wasn't where the bra strap was touching it. Went to the GP who said it wasn't a melanoma 'but that doesn't mean it isn't skin cancer' (!!) and gave me an antihistamine cream. This stopped the itching but I still get the crawling/tingling sensation nearly all the time. I don't know what more the GP can do so if anyone knows what it could be, 'specially if it's harmless, that would be such a relief. Have also been getting a lot of joint stiffness/ back pain lately but don't know if the two are related.

This is bizarre. I have the exact same thing as the rest of you in my right shoulder blade! It originally started in my arm and I thought it was from sitting in my uncomfortable chair at my dest in my office constantly clicking the mouse. It seems to go away when I get home from work and lie down on the couch. Some kind of stress thing maybe?

I have also been having a crawling sensation, like a bug crawling on my skin or under it. It is on my left shoulder blade. I notice a lot of people have it in the same place. Don't have a clue what causes it. Mine just started a few weeks ago and is intermittant. But it drives me nuts. Hope someone finds an answer.

I too face the same issue... the tingling begins only when i'm studying and concentrating, otherwise in other day-2-day activities it never comes... It becomes really irritating... first it is tingling, then it becomes itchy and then numb (once numb i have to constantly massage that spot or simply hit on that spot continously for about 20 secs).. If i ignore it then sometimes it becomes painful too.. Although i dont know what causes it but it'll be very grateful if someone tells me how to get rid of it.. Thanks

I have the same symptoms of most of you. A tingling crawling like senstion under skin around left shoulder blade-wing. Mine appears more often when sitting at desk for a long period of time or often when bending over sink to brush teeth. I explained it to my husband like a fish swimming in a circle under skin. It just comes from nowhere. Often if I change sitting positions and it stops.
Personally, I feel it's a nerve issue or muscle tension. I am under TONS of stress and have chronic tension headaches. My massage therapist told me I have a lot of tension on the left side of my back. My headaches are often near base of skull and my entire scalp is tight as a barrel (as my hair dresser word it). My scalp often gets tense and during work and when it is going to rain. Wierd. I'm about to turn 30 and it's all going down hill.. haha hope not! Trying to look up and have faith.
Would like to know exactly what this crawling in my back is. I hope one of us narrows it down soon! :) hope to hear from you all

my mother heard about similar crawling sensations from Dr Becker on TV and he said not to rule out Parasites. They can develope all over the body. Colon cleanse are suppose rid our bodies of these. Scary icky stuff- but I'm researchind and will advice..

Thank heaven I found these posts. I have a small area on my wrist that has been bothering me for weeks and it comes and goes. I thought perhaps I was getting shingles. I have had the shingles shot but heard you can still get a small case.

Now that I have found that other people have the same sort of symtoms I know I'm not imagining things. I guess nothing is to be done about it and hopefully it will eventually go away.

Thank you all for the informative information.

Loree

hi, im only 19 im not sure how old you guys are but if this is something serious i need to get it fixed now, its actually happening as i write this, its in my right shoulder blade and it feels like bugs under my skin, what ive noticed and i dont know about you guys is that when it does it the most is when im putting stress on myself or my upper body...

im a waitress and when im carrying a massive amount of things at one time it happens instantly, im freaking out here... i asked some people at work if they have the same problem they looked at me like im crazy... i need answers so im going to see my doctor, i dont care if i sound crazy i just want it to go away its giving me the Shi@ts....

il keep you posted on what the doctor said :-)

same here.....on my left shoulder blade and it comes and goes through out the day......i had twins by c section ...so i had to have an spinal block and am wondering if it has anything to do with it........when i put pressure on it it stops....i feel like i walk around all day with my had down the collar of my shirt trying to get it to go away....IT HAS TO STOP!!!!!