I tend to shave "down there" only when I'm going to have any type of sex, which tends not to be often. The last time I did it was about oh, 3-4 weeks ago? This week I had my period and when I was in the shower and such, I noticed little red dots surrounding my vagina. This was around the opening of the slit, not inside my vagina. I tend to have a little problem shaving in that area and I sometimes don't shave with the grain because my husband likes it when it is all smooth so I have to get all the hairs with the razors. My husband and I have had only one partner (each other) so I don't think it's herpes as it's not itchy, swollen, p***y, or blistering, nor does it look like pimples. I'm not sure what it is but it's kind of making me worry. It only surrounds the opening of my vagina, so could it be ingrown hairs? They don't hurt...so I don't know. Thank you so much for any advice I may be given! :-D

I have the same problem. My husband likes it hairy, but I trim it and shave some so it looks neat, and I do it against the grain too. the spots will go away, you just have to let the skin heal. no shaving for a while!