I live in the SF Bay Area and am looking for a surgeon.....was looking for an update on your husband and wondering how you liked Dr. Lisa Orloff? Hope all is well.

Dr Jim Norman in Tampa, FL, altho have heard he may have some ethical issues. Dr Halla Shami in the Central FL area, Orlando, is doing mine this Thursday, a thyroid lobectomy and parathyroidectomy.

I had my surgery done by Dr. Jim Norman and although he has certainly got a strong personality, he is an excellent surgeon  I flew to Tampa to have my surgery there and I would never go any where else.  They are the experts there and he is the most experienced parathyroid surgeon in the world.  People come from all over.  The only thing I would say is that they do not prescribe prescription pain killers for after you leave the hospital, so if you are prone to pain, have your PCP write you a prescription and take it with you as I did. Made all the difference.  Surgery was perfect and staff is available by phone if you need them once you get home.  I highly rec. the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa.  Sincerely, Laurie

Has anyone been to Dr. Parikh with the Northwest Parathyroid Center?  I was considering going to Dr. Norman but that extra fee for out of stater's is one thing that I'm not happy with.  I am willing to go to someone good since I live in Southern Illinois but I'm also a student and have children who are in college as well.  I have also seen on this thread that Dr. Larian in CA was good but Atlanta would be a closer option for me.  Thanks for all the post glad, I found the thread.

Dr. Cord Sturgeon, Chicago - on the AAES surgeon finder list and recommended by several posters.

DeKalb Surgical Center has two General Surgeons experienced in PT surgery.

Best of luck to you!

Yes last January I flew in had the surgery , flew home the next day. Excellent results, Highly reccommend Dr Parikh and his staff. Call them and set it up. If you do not have insurance he will save you money.

If you fly into atlanta make sure you rent a car with gps it will save you much time and aggrevation.

I am looking for a very good surgeon in the Cincinnati, OH area. My husband has end stage heart failure and stage 4 cancer. I need to have the surgery quickly and effectively so I can get back to his care. I have sever osteoporosis . Please suggest a very good surgeon

Dr. William Farrar (Columbus) definitely. There are several on the AAES surgeon finder list, but I must add, for some reason we've seen Cleve Cl turn away many who have sorely needed the parathyroidectomy.

I'm so sorry about your husband, as I cared for mine throughout several cancers (one of which was termed stage 4) and he has survived each of them for many years. Good luck to you both!

May I ask the name of the Stanford surgeon you didn't like? Because I am about to consult with them on my surgery. Thank you!

Just wondering if you had surgery with Dr. Szynter. I had a consultation with her today and will need a 2nd Sestamibi scan done at LIJ, since the first one done at another location was negative. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. Hope you are feeling better.

There are 30 endocrine surgeons, in California, listed on the AAES's surgeon finder list.

How are you doing now, a year later???

Dr Lee at Colombia Presbeterian in NYC - I just had a friend have the surgery with him and I am going to see him for a consultation.

Why did your insurance company refuse to pay for your son's procedure?
I'm looking into getting insurance specifically to cover this procedure at Dr. Norman's Clinic.
Thanks for replying!

UC Davis has a great parathyroid surgeon, named Dr Campbell. He is awesome. My incision is barely noticeable.