I am a 22 year old who has been masturbating since i am like 14 i think. althoug the frequency varies i havent stopped and i guess the longest ive gone without masturbating is a couple of weeks and i sometimes do it more than once a day . now when ive had the opportunity to actually have sexual relations with a woman. i just cant perform.

My question is... if a stop masturbating all together will i be able to perform. or is it possible that i now have permanent damage?

Will jus psycological help help me through it?

Health Advisor
Your problem is probably a performance anxiety and didn't come from masturbation. Masturbation is a healthy habit if not practiced excessively and obsessively. It doesn't lead to ED.

You should relax and try not to think so hard if you are going to satisfy or not (as hard as that could be). Go easy and everything should be fine.

If the woman is experienced, you could let her lead and show you what she likes. If she is also inexperienced, you should just go slowly and learn from one another.

Make sure you use condoms to avoid the pregnancy.

I believe for some men excessive masturbation, or rather the fantasies that are used to bring them to orgasm becomes paraphilic, thus inhibiting a normal sexual relationship with a willing partner. The partner simply cannot measure up to the fantasies.

Either that, or the partner has missed out on all those rehearsal sessions in his head, and so doesn't know what they are expected to do next and what to say...
(a danger of fantasy indulgence)

I agree with that. Another approach you can take is not worry about it and just do what you do with your girl. If you don't satisfy her, tell her you're sorry and when you do it again, you probably wont have such a hard time pleasing her. On the other hand, if a girl is making you feel like you can't perform, there's something wrong with the girl probably.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the girl- she's probably feeling low self-esteem and that there's something wrong with HER because he's not attracted or whatever to get it up.

Hey man,
I also started alittle bit earlier than you (12 yrs), and it led to the same problems that you experienced. I used to masturbate so often, that i dint even see the need of trying to have a sexual relationship with girls.i would just caress girls breasts n touch their butts, if u know what i mean, then go n masturbate later....
The day i tried to have a sexual relationship with my first girl at the age of 21, and i came less than 10 seconds once i got into her, thats the day i said no to masturbation again..And i nevr did it, coz it scared the hell out of me...
i did a number of researches about the issue, and for now, i'm recovering from the premature ejaculation problem..
so yeah, Overmasturbation will definalety lead to premature ejaculation, no one should lie to you that it doesnt, coz not only me, but i've heard testimonies from about 3 more guys who have the same problem, but the good thing is that it is curable, if you stop the habit all together, and start getting into a normal sexual relationship...
so dont give up..u can turn back the hands of time..!
Word Up!

Hi...i am 30 yrs old and i really started masturbating about 6 years ago...on and off, especially as i am from another country and found it really hard to integrate and mingle due to cultural differences. I want to know some of the things that u did, besides stopping the habit altogether to recover from premature ejaculation. thanks

to the reply just above me .. I have made a posting with the heading "overmasturbation causes premature ejaculation and how to overcome and cure it" please check it out..
There's lots of info that i have compiled. thansk