Hey I have had mine in for about 4 years I have less then a year to get it out and the whole time I did not period and now I'm starting to have one and sometimes I just don't feel good! So yeah I will not get it again!

soo i had the mirena in now for almost two yrs now in november! i never had a problem except for me still having periods every month  they always came on time and regular since march, then i was supposed to get my period on the 13th but it came on the 15th n till this day i havent stopped bleeding 

Wow this is to weird I have the same thing going on right now as we speek  :| I had my IUD in for a year  1 and 1/2 i take a shower and bam there's blood  but its not little i mean im in shock I never had this happen to me I hate to call my Doc and try to get a hole of him is hard as long i know the IUD doesn't fall out with the bleeding i should be fine 2 boys is enough for me Right it wont fall out ??

So im pretty worried now. I got mine put in on March 29th, 2009  And it is now April 7th, 2012. I have not bled once sense i got it put in but, outta nowhere i started to bleed, like blood clotting, iv gained 15 to 20 lbs in the last month and iv been in serious pain in my right ovary. Iv talked to doctors but none of them will take their time with me. I dont know  what to do. Im only 22 so i dont have much experience or a mother close by to go to for advise. Someone, please help? Very much appreciated!!

My 1st Mirena fell out and was hanging in my cervical cannel. I had that one removed and because I thought that maybe the 1st one was not put in properly, I had a 2nd one inserted. BIG MISTAKE. I kept getting cramps,bleeding irregularly, wouldn't put on any weight... I finally told the doctors enough was enough and it had to be taken out. Well, they attempted to take it out and couldn't find it. I had to go in for a laproscopy to find it burried in the corner of my cervic wall, nowhere near the original insert location. I REFUSED to get another one and told the doctors you either give me the pill or nothing. I am not on the pill and am gaining my weight back, no more irregular bleeding, no cramps, no signs of what I went through. I personally would tell the doctors to get it out... or find another doctor who will. You are way too young to have it cause complications. I am 38 but still in child bearing years. I refused to let it destroy any chances of a 2nd child.
Good luck girl.

ok so I have had the IUD mirena in for 7 years 5 the first time and 2 the second I had one dermoid on the left ovary now the right has a 9cm dermoid cyst ok that being said my boyfriend and I decided to have a baby this baby will be the last one. I had my IUD removed and well got my first Aunt Flow its painful and Im bleeding so bad I have to wear a Super Extra tampon and that I bleed through every half hour so when I am at work I gotta wear a maxi pad as well. BE AWARE GIRLS THE IUD IS NOT A GREAT IDEA i know its good at preventing you from pregnancy but seriously its not worth the pain. Thanks Good Luck ladies.

I was looking to see if its normal to have some bleeding after two years with the Mirena and not having a period all this time. Overall I've been pleased. I never had any of the problems that a lot of the women on here have had. However today I had a stretching pain dead center in my stomach. I just noticed that I have some bleeding. No pain since that stretching earlier in the evening. Anyone know what that could be caused from?

I got my Mirena in August of 2010. EVERYONE I talked to that had it, said it was a miracle. No periods or cramps is what they claimed. Seeing as to how my monthlys had me bed-written with fever and constant vomiting, and even though my tubes are tied, thought I would give it a shot. Over the months the cramps have almost completely disappeared (positive note), BUT, I've been getting fewer and fewer days between my cycles. Now for the month of April, I started six days too soon, and have had to wear a panty shield cause of the constant "Drip" that has been going on for the past 14 days. This happened to me in the 90's when I got the Depo shot, that was a constant drip for nine months. I'm thinking of having it removed and will just have to deal with the cramps till menopause kicks in.

I had my first set of twins in August 2011 and got the IUD at my six week check up....After having the IUD inserted I spotted for just a few hrs then it spotted an frm then on Ive had my mentral every month just a few days shorter then what it was normally. Now 7months after having the IUD I started spotting for 3days and that was it. I have no pain or discomfort ...I'm a Lil nerves an wanted to know could it just be that the IUD is just stopping my mentral? If someone know or has had this happen please reply

I had my Mirena inserted in February 2011 while I was on my period. Insertion was a breeze, zero pain just mild cramping. It was a little worse later that night but some pain meds took care of it quickly. I got the Mirena for birth control. I am allergic to estrogen and have literally tried everything on the market right now and Mirena is the only thing that worked for me. I had some pretty heavy periods my whole life as well as being really irregular, Mirena fixed everything. I've had zero periods since I had it inserted (I was menstrating when I got it in and it stopped that night) After a little while I would have the occasional spotting and bleeding after intercourse. But I figured if all that stuff is gathering on my uteren walls it's bound to get jiggled around and bleed a bit. I always know when my cycle was cause I would get a few cramps the night before and then have some light spotting for a few hours the day after. Not even enough to wear a pad, and it wouldnt get on my undies at all. Just recently my husband and I have decided we would like to have a child. We aren't going to try, just let nature take is course. But I had my Mirena removed earlier than I wanted because I started having really bad cramps and stabby pains where my ovaries are. Just before I had it removed I had a nice heavy period. Not really any clots or anything just frequent pad changing. And the bleeding durih intercourse and vaginal dryness had gotten really bad. I just decided to get it out. It went very smooth. No issues. Zero pain light cramping. I didn't start bleeding till two days after removal an I am In total agony. Bleeding a lot. HUGE clots that have very small white egg like things and all kinds of red in it. I know that stuff has sat in there for like a year and a half. But holy moly is this normal? I'm thinking I'm gonna need to go to the doctor an check for cysts cause I'm scared this is effecting my fertility. Also to all you ladies thinking the hormones are wearing out. It could just be your body needing to expel the menstral gunk all up in your uterus. It's been up in there for a long time! it's not really very healthy to not have a period at least once a year.

The first time I had the iud put in long story short with in a week I was back at my doc's office to find out the stupid thing didn't open all the way and was pushing on my uterus i have never had a time where my body would work the way it should.. And now after a year and a half maybe 2 years now I'm having all the pains cramping bleeding I freaking boobs hurt and feel "full" and omg mood swings like no tomorrow.... I am at a loss don't kno if I am reading in to this to much or is my body yet again saying something just isn't right???? I keep thinking I'll wait a day but every time I did that I would get worse I have a 2&1/2 year old little boy who needs me and keep me on my feet!!!

I've had the Mirena IUD for a couple of years with very light "periods" as well until almost a month ago I had really bad cramps and a heavy flow for about 8 days.  I may have stopped bleeding for a couple of days but am now on my fourth week of my period with a continued steady (medium to heavy) flow.  I will check with my doctor now that I am reading your posts.  I figured it was my hormones balancing themselves from the device.

I have had my IUD for about two years now. Being and athlete with heavy periods was tough, so I decided to have it put in. I Have not had a period since the insertion, and have loved it! But I have been bleeding quite heavily for three days now! I am glad I am not the only one who is, or has experienced the same symptoms. If the bleeding is still present in the morning, I am going to the ER!Thank you all for sharing!

did you ever figure out why this happened, because I've had mirena for a year and had no periods up until today.. why did it just show up like that? could the mirena fallen out?

I have had mine in nearly three years. Haven't bled at all for over 6 months, and before that it was always just light spotting.
However, now Ive had a heavy bleed for two weeks!
Why??!! When will it stop??!! I feel exhausted and depressed.
I read somebody else saying that the makers of Mirens should study this... The three year thing is most definitely a real trend going by what has been posted here.