this is just too weird....i can't believe there are so many people out there that have such similar problem.......i haven't gotten a period since feb. 25th, and it's april 5th, i have been on the birth conrol pill and never missed a period...ever......i recently took a Z-Pak antibiotic to clear up some bronchitis, and we didn't use extra protection, i took two neg HPT and then two days ago i went to the OBGYN who gave me a positive urine preg test and took blood, i called yesterday, and she said she wasn't supposed to tell me because the doctor hadn't told her yet, but looking at the results it was negative......i mean i wasn't trying to have a baby, but the day my positive urine test came back she was sending me out the door with a baby-r-us bag filled with mags, and prenatal vitamins, and asking me where i wanted to deliver the baby, and now I am NOT pregnant? I don't get it, I still haven't started, and i have felt and continue to feel symptoms, i am very confused, angry, sad, upset, and i just don't know what to do, how can a doc office play with your emotions like that?

im new to this but i would like to know yalls opioion...im 19 yrs old NEVER HAD A LATE PERIOD before this...i WAS TRYING to have a baby with my ex bf...we started trying in November 15 08.. i had my period 10 days later (novemebr 28 ) then i didnt have my period for december and in january i had a little period around da 12 but my periods are always in the ends of the months. i have syptoms such as sore breasts, larger breasts, dizzeness, morning sickness, my tummy has grown & pain around my tummy but the weird part is i have taken 4 home pregancy test n all negatitve & one blood test in january and also negatitve but for some reason i feel pregnant I SOMETIMES MAKE MYSELF BELIEVE THAT I CANT BE BUT SUMTHIN INSIDE OF ME TELLS ME I AM...WAT DO YALL THINK IT COULD BE?

Please update this post!! Having the same problems..... What happened to all you ladies???

about 2 months ago, my bf masturbated, then fingered me. after that i became really worried that i could get pregnant. then i started feeling dizzy and nuaseated, but turned out to be an ear infection. but then i started panicking again and it felt like i was feeling alot of the symptoms of pregnancy. i was feeling nauseated and dizzy..and recently, headaches, cramps (mainly in right ovary it seems). i have gotten both my period within that time, but the most recent one it was weird. the 1st three days were normal, heavy. but on the 3 night it stopped, and i just got clots on the toilet paper. the it started again, but was more a pale red, then clotted again then officially ended. i took a pregnany test at the doctors and it came up neg, but it was during my period, which i'm scared affected the result. could i be pregnant, or am i overreacting and have some illness????

I don't think that you are pregnant or ill. You have your periods on time and this indicate that you are not pregnant. And also unlikely that you are ill. If you went to doctor to take the test he would examen you and told you if there is anything that you need to worried.

We are trying to get pregnant I am having the same problem I am now 3 weeks late all urine tests are negative took a blood test the other day and it was negative as well. I would assume that I'm just not far enough along for them to get a clear result. Any advice for me?!

I am also 6 weeks in and I have been to the OBGYN twice and got both a blood and urine test and they were negative...? My stomach is growing and I have all the pregnancy symptoms..? Does anyone know why it would continue to be negative and not positive?

I'm young, fifteen to be exact. I had unprotected sex on the nineteenth of September. Haven't had my period since. Took two at home tests and even when to the doctor and got a blood test. All three came back negative. Though I'm still without my period. Now its the 13th of October, I'm suffering severe abdominal pain on the lower left side when I urinate. And nausea in the morning. No vomiting though. Also I have been really tired and have gas all the time.

Being only fifteen, I need to know If I am pregnant. Does it seem like it? Or is there something else wrong with me? :/

I'm having the same problems. I've been having irregular bleeding for about 4 months and pregnancy symptoms for 3 months. I went to the doctor again today and got a blood test that came back negative it was the one that measures the hcg levels and gives a number and it was less than one. I'm having horrible morning sickness, i get sick constantly even at just the smell of something. also, sore/swollen boobs, some cramping, spotting, back pain, headaches, etc. this is driving me insane i need to know whats causing this. also, i have no urge to be pregnant i'm only 18 so its not the whole "making yourself think your pregnant" thing. i'm anemic and have a small cyst on one of my ovaries too if that might help someone help me. PLEASE I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT FOR EVER NOW!!! HELP ME I'M GOING CRAZY HERE!!!

SORRY THIS IS SO LONG, BUT ITS VERY DETAILED AND VERY GOOD LINKS ARE PROVIDED... THIS COULD POSSIBLY HELP YOU... AND WHEN I FIND MY RESOLUTION- I WILL BE SURE TO POST WHAT HAPPENS... I know some of you ladies havent posted since Jan, but I know there have to be other women reading this almost every day... So... maybe this can help. Stay tuned.

I went to the doctor (a different OB-GYN) this time I made an appointment with a REAL HONEST TO GOD "COMPLETED MED SCHOOL" OB-GYNECOLOGIST.

When making the appointment I asked the lady on the phone who was the nicest, smartest patient doctor. I asked this question for a reason (because all my other nurses/nurse midwives made me think I'm crazy). She said all the doctors were very nice, patient and they took time with you. She said there is a pregnant doctor and a male doctor. I picked the male doctor, I guess because I didn't want to add to a pregnant womans case work- ESPECIALLY when it was a weird case like this one. Hormones)

So they work me in... I give them all my medical records and the ultrasound photo (showing what appears to be a 4 week gestational sac). My bloodwork saying my hCG level is <1, my pelvic exam that says I'm pregnant, proof I tested positive for pregnancy at that office, a urinalysis from my family practice clearing me of the UTI but with red blood cells still in my urine (dont know why this is happening).

The day before I made this appointment I tested a faint positive on a home pregnancy test in the early evening. The next morning when I made the appointment it was negative again.

They call me back, took a urine sample (which I tell her is GOING to test NEGATIVE because I tested this morning.) Of course it was negative. Then the doctor comes in. I'm trying to explain everything to him, but he wants to start of asking where I'm from, where I live, and all this other c**p that I dont give a hoot about. Then he starts asking me questions, I try explaining my symptoms and the fact that I am RH- and DH is A positive and the meds I'm taking. ETC. and he interrupts my explaination with another question and another and another (it was like he only wanted me to speak when I was spoken to!)- it was like he wasn't even listening to me.

He told me to get undressed and he was going to do an exam. He shoved his fingers in me for 5 seconds and pressed on my stomach and told me said something about a cyst... and said to get dressed and go to his office. Oooook. I waited there for 5 min. so he could do whatever he needed to do to come sit down with me- shut the door and say... "I dont think you're pregnant. Your bloods been tested and its (-). Test again in another week and come back if its (+)." I was like.... "With all due respect, Dr. I just paid 500 dollars for you to not listen to me, shove your fingers in me for 5 seconds, test my urine for pregnancy, and use my other medical records as a reference to diagnose me? I want my ultrasound they said comes with this appointment because then what is this? I've been sick for almost a MONTH and I cant handle much more waiting. I need an answer NOW." I held up the ultrasound. He said he didn't know what that was because he cant read their ultrasounds. He barely looked at it... DO THEY NOT TEACH DOCTORS HOW TO READ A GENERAL ULTRASOUND IN MED SCHOOL?!

I started crying and I said. "LOOK, at this point I would like to be pregnant, but if I'm not- THATS OKAY... but if I'm not pregnant... then SOMETHING is SERIOUSLY wrong with me. I want my life back!" I'm sobbing as I say this. He finally agrees to the ultrasound. I go in to the ultrasound where this time my ultrasound is being done by a technician... I'm being poked and prodded with it. She looks at the screen, tilts her head, looks puzzled, then shoves it around more, tilts her head and looks puzzled, and she does this for a while... Computer facing HER. Not me... and then she said. It looks like you're about to start your period- and you have a cyst on your left ovary. Its about 1.5 cm. I said... Okay, can you SHOW me what you mean... I said, I dont have a problem with what you're saying, I just want to see EVIDENCE that makes SENSE.

She turned the screen to me and showed me my endometrial lining. It was VERY thick and had an opening in the middle of it and a grey area... Which to me looked EXACLTLY like this but without any signs of a fetus in there (maybe hiding or something? maybe nothing there). I use this example because every ultrasound I can find, looks NOTHING like what I saw, except this diagram.

Then she shows me my cyst, along with some other swollen ovarian follicles, that when I google an ovary on an ultrasound??? It looks like PCOS - My other ovary only had 1 swollen follicle. Now I have NO symptoms of PICOS and I later found out that if I have 8 or more then I likely have it, I only saw 6 plus this cyst... So, okay, I have this cyst... I later found out that night that ovarian cysts can cause the same symptoms I'm having- makes sense... SO WTF IS IN MY LINING?! And why does a cyst pop up CONVENIENTLY after I've been sperminated like crazy for 2 weeks (after not being sexually active since the end of March- DH was in Iraq)?! I've never had any OG-GYN problems except the occasional bacterial vaginosis or yeast infection or UTI... so why a cyst NOW? I've never missed a period, my cycle length is always give or take but I have a period every month... So I guess she took so much time explaining her findings that I believed her (but she didn't mention that a cyst could cause my symptoms.)...

She writes up her report and hands it back to the doctor and takes some screenshots of the stuff she found but printed nothing out... She hands her report to the doctor, he does NOT look at my scans... He basically says you have a cyst on your ovary thats a pretty decent sized cyst... I want to put you on birth control. I told him no, birth control makes me fat, it makes me sick, and it slaughters my sex drive... and if I'm on a contraceptive to keep me from having a child, I would still like to practice the procreation process with no consequences and I would like to feel the need to do it often." I asked him why my period was late and he said it was because I was stressed. I said, and this is really embarassing to admit but I'm gonna say it... An orgasm will make my period come. Months when I was worried about not having a period or it was a few days late? I would have one and in the next half-full day it was like, HELLO TAMPONS! Since my sex drive is CRAZY right now, and you know that I am DEFINITLEY monogamous except for the relationship with my handy dandy rabbit... You can tell what I'm getting at... So... I admitted that, and he laughed at me... Thanks DOC for being a (#*@*# when I try to explain to you that this "PERIOD" he speaks of is not going to come. It was embarassing enough to admit that... but I did admit it... I dont want to leave ANYTHING out.

Why were some of my tests positve, different brands on different days and one official OB-GYN urine test? He says they were wrong and they were ALL false positives... That.... Is... Not... Possible... He said, you're either not pregnant or you had an early loss... OK FINE. Why haven't I bled yet, and why am I still sick?

He says... "Oh, you mean the nausea?" I'm thinking did you even listen to ANYTHING I said? I have been having every symptom in the book, even the WEIRD ones, I dont want to eat somedays, somedays I'm constipated, some days I'm not, somedays I'm gassy some days I'm not, No matter WHAT... I burp air... all the time... ALL THE TIME... and sometimes it turns into heartburn... I have a lump in my throat (thyroid is enlarge and sometimes maybe every 2 days or so it kind of feels lightly sore)... some days I eat everything I see, like yesterday. Sometimes I dont want to eat at all. I cant eat the foods I liked, my hair is falling out, my face is breaking out, my skin and scalp are BONE dry, my hair looks like complete poo.... I'm talking I cant even flat iron the damaged parts of it... My hair is SO UGLY... I might have to chop all the damaged parts off because I cant hide them! I'm having back pain, siatic nerve pain, I'm having really intense orgasms when I have them (which is often- sorry... my sex drive is through the ROOF except lately all I've been doing is wondering when I'm going to finally die- since nobody knows whats wrong). I have nightly headaches, crampy twingy feelings, sporatic throwing up, dry heaving, blood hound nose, food cravings... EVERYTHING.

So, I say. "I'm having WAY more than nausea. I'm SICK... what are YOU going to do about it...?" He says, fine. We'll check your thyroid. So they take my blood and then I leave...

I'm satisfied at this point thinking that he's wrong and if I'm not pregnant now, i was pregnant and I will bleed soon- I will miscarry. He wrote me a prescription for progesterone- that I refuse to take because I am CONVINCED that my progesterone level is high enough as it is... My boobs hurt, my stomach is swollen. Its been like a MONTH of PMS... So I accept it. My baby is dying or already is dead.... I'm relieved to have some sort of answer even if things STILL weren't adding up- I just wanted to believe SOMETHING at this point....

I was just so exhausted and mildly crampy with back pain and a headache and I was not emotional, I was very calm and I was very accepting of it... mom gave me some valium and I went to sleep. I slept from 6pm till 10:30 am... I had dreams that my period wouldn't come, I kept checking for bleeding in my DREAMS. I had another dream I had an ultrasound and they found a baby... along with other two pregnancy related dreams. I woke up... I woke up REALLY upset... I know in my mind that this is not true.... My body and hormones are messing with me at that point even though I'm convinced I'm not pregnant. I was a WRECK yesterday... a total WRECK...

I looked through (no poo) 21,000. Ultrasound pictures? NOTHING looked like what I saw... So... I called the first OB-GYN for my pap results, they are MAILING me a letter with the results... THANKS. So next doctor consult- I cant bring my pap results into this just incase it came back abnormal for cervical problems or something that could be causing all of this. I looked for Ovarian scans and believed I had PCOS for half a day...

The only thing I could find that looked like what I saw? Was that link... But there was nothing in that opening I could see on the ultrasound... No black mass for a gestational sac... It was a medium grey color. I know babies can hide out in there, so either it was hiding out- its absorbed back into me, or it is implanted in a completely different location... That cyst thats 1.5 cm? I believe thats my corpus luteum cyst... That cyst produces progesterone and estrogen for the baby until the placenta starts doing it later in the pregnancy... That cyst cant keep living unless hCG tells it to... So I'm thinking my blood or urine needs to be diluted because I may have too high of an amount to detect which is keeping this cyst around producing lethal doses of progesterone.... (it feels like it anyway...) OR I've miscarried and something is not making this cyst shrivel away so my lining can shed and this can be over with... I even bought two four packs of Clear Blue Easys and diluted my urine 1 drop in one, 5 eye droppers in one, half and half, and full sample... All were clear of evap lines except the other two with higher concentrations. I mean... It looked like such a faint faint line that I cant consider that a positive... but the really watered down samples didn't show this watered down line... And you had to look REALLY hard to see the (+)... I mean. REALLY hard. I thought I was seeing things but i put them in a bag and shuffled them up so I wouldn't know which was which and I could pick out the tests that were at a higher concentration... so they were really there... but I cant believe those.

But until I have a definitve answer, I will not have a d & c to abort any left over tissue or synthetically shed my lining....NO ANYTHING... I've heard women do this sometimes when they are misdiagnosed on their miscarraige and they realize the baby was there and alive and you just accidentally aborted it.... - If i miscarry it will be natural... I believe my body knows what its doing (even though I think its a huge a-hole right now). If my pregnancy is viable? Taking that progesterone will make me miscarry because if I cant consistently produce as much as that cyst and that medicine? I will shed my lining and miscarry... So no more progesterone... NO BIRTH CONTROL EITHER...

Its like, all I can do is wait... I cant get a doctor to listen to me, they all think I'm making this up... Or I'm crazy... or they have better things to do than help me... Some women cant get a positive test until they were 5-6 sometimes 8 months pregnant! Sometimes the woman will even produce breast milk and they STILL say shes not pregnant and refuse to do another ultrasound... there are just so many other possibilties and nobody can prove what they're saying without a reasonable doubt... so I have to keep taking my vitamins and keep avoid alcohol or things that can hurt the baby if its still there... UNTIL i NATRUALLY miscarry or this thing falls in the toilet next year... If they are wrong the whole time and I wind up miscarrying due to their neglect. YOU BET YOUR BEHIND I WILL SUE FOR MALPRACTICE. BOTH OFFICES... If I die due to this being an ectopic pregnancy or almost die due to that? I or my family (whoevers left) will sue... So... Let them be wrong... I almost welcome it...

I asked him to take my hormone levels and my progesterone levels but he refuesed to do that! What doctor wont scan your blood for EVERYTHING to find out whats wrong with you- there is a PROBLEM... They said because I'm NOT pregnant that that 500 dollars I paid them doesn't include the standard pre-natal blood work since I'm NOT pregnant.... I keep telling them that its OKAY if I'm not pregnant, I'm sick though. I need to find out whats happening!

So... I called the ob-gyn with the evil doctor for my thyroid results... I talked to the same girl who said they couldn't prove she was pregnant either for a while on a test... but her pregnancy was fine... she recognized my name from when I called her on thursday confused about setting up an appointment. I explained all this to her and she said that doctor I saw is GONE till next week and she would have the pregnant doctor call me and she would personally vouch for me saying that they need to look into this further... So.. I'm waiting to hear back from them...

EDIT** Heard from a nurse, I dont think she was in the office. I told her my saga and she said she's going to get with the doctor (the preggers one- because that guy doctor up and left until a week and a half from now- and he said to come back in a week if I didn't bleed.... and he'd give me a free exam... whatever.) and give me my results tomorrow.... She said she'll basically tell the Doctor what I said, if she can remember it all... I mean.. I am positive she thinks I'm crazy but atleast she's really nice about it... Shoot... I'm crazy and I'm not even nice to myself about it...

Little things annoy me... like someone crunching on chips, or someone interrupting what I'm doing, or the sound of a clock ticking- I am turning VICIOUS... my hormones are RAGING... and I'm not really a pleasant person at all right now. I have to say *hormones* after every thing I type to my soldier on skype that contains profanity and I cant help- my fingers type them... by the time its typed they wont erase them... and I found that adding *hormones* at the end, lets him know I am being a biatch because of my *hormones*...

Another thing... thats weird? Why didn't they find this CYST I supposedly have when they did the LAST ultrasound? That corpus luteum grows VERY fast, faster than 7 days to reach 1.5 cm... It can get upwars of 2-5cm... and my constant PMS is produced by THIS EXACT CYST (i believe i have)...... its fueled by hCG! so why some days do I have hcg and somedays I dont, and I ALWAYS NEVER have but less than 1 miu in my blood?

I honestly believe that my levels may be so high that they cant be detected, I have strange antigens that dont bond correctly (I have done some pretty hefty research...) Below are some VERY helpful links for me... Very scientific stuff...... In the beginning when I started having INTENSE sickeness and I waited to test... Maybe I should have tested when I wanted to... but I knew that you have to wait to test and that it'd more than likely produce a negative result... I should have tested when my morning sickness started getting bad. a Few days before DH left back from Iraq... I waited until 3 days after DHleft to start testing... Considering my cycle length was 22 days last month, I very well could have missed my window to test. If I do a complete month? My AF was due Aug 12th...

Here are the links....

I'll check and try to post a resolution to this when I have one so I can give you ladies some closure on my "Saga" that is longer than the illiad and the oddessy combined....

• wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_still_be_pregnant_if_you_have_-1_HCG_blood_test_and_10_urine_tests_negative_but_all_symptons_of_pregnancy_and_period_over_3_weeks_late
  • nursingtimes.net/nursing-practice-clinical-research/evaluation-of-home-pregnancy-test-kits-for-reliability/199782.article
  • justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/1951604-hook-effect.html
  • aacc.org/events/podcast/Documents/072709Gronowski.pdf

GOOD LUCK LADIES... and I dont believe in baby dust... Sorry... but... I wish my best... in whatever resolution you would like to come of the situation... At this point... I'm so tired of being sick... I'm just needy for an answer... I've already mourned my miscarriage TWICE in the last week.... am I really going to have to mourn it again?! Just... there are SO much docs dont know- it seems... If you dont fit into the cookie cutter image of a pregnancy from their college text book... you're a crazy woman making everything up... I think someone really needs to start a website dedicated to situations like this... Maybe I will do that one day... when I have time to focus on anything other than why I feel like c**p!

***edited by moderator***

Hi. I am a 33 yo mum of 4 boys, i have poly cystic ovarium syndrome, when i was pregnent with my second son i had both urine tests and blood tests which kept showing up negative for 4mnths that i was infact pregnent, it wasnt until one morning when i was sitting in the waiting room at the doctors waiting to have yet another pregnency blood test that i felt my stomache kicking, i was pregnent and the tests never showed up posative, i went on to have a very healthy and very big baby boy (9lb 5oz) and after my 3rd son i was told i couldnt fall pregnent again due to pcos, but i fell pregnant again with my 4th son. Now i am certain i am pregnent yet again, i am 12wks late for my period and i am never ever late. My boobs are sore, i have back aches, headaches, my stomache has popped out, i have had around 12 urine tests and a blood test, they have all shown up negative, the only difference this time is that i dont feel "as sick" as i did with all my other pregnency's, but maybe that could be because its the first pregnancy with someone different (i left my husband after 15yrs and met someone new who is wonderful to myself and my 4 children) Hope this has helped you all, blood tests and urine pregnancy tests can infact be wrong. Good luck

Just like you all, I to had hpt and blood test done and they all came back negative. I have all the symptoms - fatigue, nausea, had cramps, tender and swollen breasts, have to pee often and now have a baby bump when normally i have a flat stomach - my jeans don't fit and even have to wear maternity pants. I have a 15 months old at home and I do feel just like I did when I was pregnant with her. If my periods don't start within two weeks, my doctor wants to see me for more tests. We are Dec. 24th and with Xmas and New Years it's so frustrating not knowing for sure if I'm pregnant or not. I don't want to consume alcohol but what do you tell ppl? The tests are negative but I know I'm pregnant...how odd! Wish you all the baby you want and if you don't want to be pregnant, well I hope you're not!

Ladies... at the end of the day, regardless of what the Doctors, Nurses etc. say, you know your bodies better than anyone else. Be patient, and let time reveal all.

I too had a negative blood test, and I was so guttered when I found out. The doctor said that I actually have low iron which is why I have these pregnant-like symptoms. But I had a feeling during my conception period that I was pregnant, so I didn't believe my doctor. Now my period is late which has never been late in my whole life- there is no unusual stress or increased exercise to affect my cycle. I will wait it out and see what happens. :-D

I am going through the same thing I am now ten days late I had a blood test yesterday and I have symptoms of pregnancy I really wanna be pregnant has this happen to anyone ??? Is there still hope ?? :

I am also going though the samething. i have gotten an ultrsound and my doctor keeps telling me that i am not but i am having all of the signs. it is really making me mad. they keep tell me the samething over and over and over again. i dont know what to do. i was reading all of these comments and one sayin that it looks like PCOS is now making sence. but it still worries me cause my doctors has me on meds that are not good to take while pregnant cause she is telling me that i am not pregnant. WHAT DO I DO?